A rattle in the shaft

Art M

Reaction score
Handicap
I just put recoils in the pitching wedge through 7-iron. Took them out to practice today for the first time and of those four clubs three of them have a rattle. When I tip the club up and down I can hear something, I can only guess a piece of epoxy, rolling in side the shaft. I did not notice this before I replace the heads. When I was prepping the tip I only noticed a small pin hole drilled into the tip of the shaft What could I have done differently to avoid this

Not sure about your prevention question. The fix is to take the grips off and turn the shafts upside down.

I have a wedge that did the same thing, it's just epoxy that got loose. It annoyed me enough that I am playing my old wedges for now until I want to re-grip everything haha.

I have a wedge that did the same thing, it's just epoxy that got loose. It annoyed me enough that I am playing my old wedges for now until I want to re-grip everything haha.

This has happened to me also!! Good advice!

Looks like others have identified the cause. Easiest solution is definitely to remove the grip and tape to dump the dried epoxy out.

Problem solved. Yep, i should have plugged the hole on the bottom of the shaft before epoxying the heads on. I always use air to install grips (i know, i read it too, air is a super no no) so off and back on in no time. Thanks for the words guys, your the best. And a thanks to proclubs for a nice set of recoils and words of wisdom when i inquired about my situation this aft.

Not sure about your prevention question. The fix is to take the grips off and turn the shafts upside down.

I agree. That is the easiest and best option.

Back