2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weighed in the morning. Down 5.1 pounds since my first weigh in.

That is awesome dude. You will taper a bit most likely in spots, but dont be discouraged, the program is working for you. So nice to see this.

I have to go out of town this weekend. Is it weird that I plan to bring my own food so I am not tempted to eat poorly? I know where we are going my healthy/good choices will be limited so I am just going to bring them with me.

BMI is such a bad indicator of a target weight, precisely because it only factors in height and not the rest of your frame. It often indicates that bodybuilders are obese, which makes no damn sense.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The 19yr. old Mike Tyson, according to the BMI, was obese.

I have to go out of town this weekend. Is it weird that I plan to bring my own food so I am not tempted to eat poorly? I know where we are going my healthy/good choices will be limited so I am just going to bring them with me.

Nothing wrong at all. Better to bring the stuff you like and are used to then be tempted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong at all. Better to bring the stuff you like and are used to then be tempted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just know the choices for food will be very limited, and I would rather have fruit to eat then chocolate or chips. It's all about making sure I make the right choices.

I just know the choices for food will be very limited, and I would rather have fruit to eat then chocolate or chips. It's all about making sure I make the right choices.

We will stop at Publix before arriving and pick up some of our own stuff.

No need, I will pack a bag with some fruit and we are good to go. :smile:

I need to resist the chocolate that apparently added 20lbs to a certain someone we know. ; )

Is Publix that good, or is that all you guys have down there? It seems like i saw one on every corner.

I'm really happy that i have been able to keep off the 15 pounds i lost during our vegan fest for 21 days... It's been a week and a half of being off the plan and i've lost all desire for sweets, sodas and fast food... I have a few days of travel for work coming up, but i think i can make good choices for eating out, and staying away from breakfast via fast food and bad snacks.

Publix is awesome. I direly miss it from when I used to visit my dad every year.

I miss Publix Subs :arrogant:

Is Publix that good, or is that all you guys have down there? It seems like i saw one on every corner.

The couple times I have been in there I loved it. Better than most of the supermarkets we have around here

The couple times I have been in there I loved it. Better than most of the supermarkets we have around here

I have lived in Florida for pretty much my entire life so I thought all grocery stores were as nice as Publix. It wasn't until we started traveling with the tour van that I realized there is a huge difference when you go to other areas.

Its that good. For regular stores, its ranked either first or second in the country (with Wegmans) every year for the last decade.

Its that good. For regular stores, its ranked either first or second in the country (with Wegmans) every year for the last decade.

I was hoping for either Publix to make their way up here or Wegmans to make their way down - we finally have a couple Wegmans near here. I've been really impressed w/ Publix (especially the store brand stuff) when I've gone on vacations and filled the kitchen w/ food.

I was hoping for either Publix to make their way up here or Wegmans to make their way down - we finally have a couple Wegmans near here. I've been really impressed w/ Publix (especially the store brand stuff) when I've gone on vacations and filled the kitchen w/ food.

Their store brand stuff is great. And now they have all their Greenwise organic stuff. I never hesitate to buy Publix brand goods.

Their store brand stuff is great. And now they have all their Greenwise organic stuff. I never hesitate to buy Publix brand goods.
It's amazing how much 'store brand' stuff have moved in to this space. I'm sure its just chasing $, but it's nice to have options.

I have lived in Florida for pretty much my entire life so I thought all grocery stores were as nice as Publix. It wasn't until we started traveling with the tour van that I realized there is a huge difference when you go to other areas.

i was disappointed when I left Buffalo because there wasn't a wegmans anywhere near me and I was surprised at how bad others were around the country. Sometimes we don't realize ho good we have some things until we leave home.

Wegmans is a good one, a little expensive compared to others but offer a great selection plus the various options to grab food already made to go.

So hummus is now my go to 'snack' in between meals. I combine that with "Beanitos" chips made from beans and it's not all that bad. The difference between being hungry every hour or so, and now just being 'satisfied' is an incredible feeling. It makes the hours at work fly by.

So hummus is now my go to 'snack' in between meals. I combine that with "Beanitos" chips made from beans and it's not all that bad. The difference between being hungry every hour or so, and now just being 'satisfied' is an incredible feeling. It makes the hours at work fly by.

Love hummus and carrots. Its a go to for me here at work.

Its funny what a difference 7lbs makes, I feel better, I look better, and my clothes fit a TON better. I can't imagine what 15 more will feel like...or how it will destroy my wardrobe hahahaha

Love hummus and carrots. Its a go to for me here at work.

Its funny what a difference 7lbs makes, I feel better, I look better, and my clothes fit a TON better. I can't imagine what 15 more will feel like...or how it will destroy my wardrobe hahahaha
That's what i'm struggling with also... I have to wear suits for work, and i managed to seem to buy/get them tailored when i was at my heaviest...235. I'm now down to 215 or so. You can only cinch your belt so far, before i have to consider making some alterations...

Carrots with hummus... going to have to try that.

Crab sticks chopped up.
Light mayo
2 slices of tiny bread

6 points and a heck of a good snack to hold me till dinner. Heck if we had some celery and green onion to mix in there, it would be a great lunch at the same number of points.

Congrats to my beautiful wife @snickity for being down another 1.2 pounds for a total of 7.8 since she started. She has made it a lot easier for me to get off on a fast start.

Congrats to my beautiful wife @snickity for being down another 1.2 pounds for a total of 7.8 since she started. She has made it a lot easier for me to get off on a fast start.
It really is much easier to get into the habit when your spouse is in on it too. I'd never had made it 3 weeks if my wife wasn't preparing a lot of our meals (teacher - summer break) and doing the various shopping for vegetables and such i had never heard of before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back