Pick a Pickup

• GMC Sierra DENALI

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Ford F150 PLATINUM/LIMITED

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Toyota Tundra PLATINUM/LIMITED

Votes: 23 28.4%

• Total voters
Toyota Tundra TRD. Might pay more upfront but the value is there and will last. Plus I think they look good compared to what's out there

I agree on all points and Toyota got my vote.

I take the Tacoma all day long. We have had nothing but great luck with Toyota in the past. While I would prefer to buy American, the 2 Ford trucks I owned gave me trouble later on in life. We have a 4-runner we passed down to one of my kids and it is still going strong at 260,000. Plus the Tacoma is flat out sexy and pretty good on fuel economy. With that said, I wouldn't mind rolling in that Titan tgtt posted.

Of those listed I'd take the Denali for looks. Functional but also looks good if you have clients in the truck.

I’m a Ford guy so F-150 all the way for me, but I’m not a zealot. There’s plenty of options out there. I will say that I have yet to drive a Ram that I actually like.

Here’s my 2016. Not a huge fan of the changes they made in 2018.

0450d7aeb33d4691c6fd53b6d4bfdf7a.jpg

497692da4a5928c1c743cfb13dc49d72.jpg

F-150.

Sharp looking truck. PM if you need an X-Plan pin!

f-150. I'd go 5.0L over ecoboost though.

I've owned 3 Chevy trucks; An 2007 colorado, a 2010 Silverado 1500, and a 2015 Silverado 2500HD (my current ride). No major issues with any of them. Just regular maintenance.

I drive ford trucks at work, and IMHO they don't even compare to a Chevy.

I have friends who drive Rams....I'd take one over a Ford any day.

Can't say much about the Tundra, but I do know that year after year Toyota (as good as they are with cars) makes crappy trucks.Stay away from Nissan. I just don't understand how any red blooded American wakes up one day and goes "I need a truck...think I'll go get a Nissan".

Honda Ridgeline.....do we really need to talk about this one? They look like SUV's with birth defects.

A GMC is a Chevy with different badges (which apparently raises the cost of the truck $5,000)...it's the same damn truck. So save the money and buy the Chevy.
Not sure where your info is coming from. I've been a service manager for Toyota for 10 years and have experienced complete opposite.

f-150. I'd go 5.0L over ecoboost though.

Depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to hot-rod it up, go 5.0 for sure. If you want to haul anything, the larger EcoBoost seems to be the favorite. I can pull a 5.0 around the parking lot with my 3.5L EB. Faster off the lot too. I know nothing about the standard V6, but without turbo, I'd expect it to be a little doggish.

And for anyone talking about aluminum bodies, don't be surprised to see Chevy/GMC go that route in the next few years.

Since I own a Ford F-150, that's my vote. 2014 with 152K miles, never had a problem.

Since I own a Ford F-150, that's my vote. 2014 with 152K miles, never had a problem.

You'd best go knock on something! Really though with all the newer trucks if you keep up with maintenance, you should catch most things before they become a major issue. Buying new with a warranty doesn't hurt either.

305155902544b13d559f81e1ef98e946.jpg

This seems to be where I'm going next. My 2006 has 302k miles on it so it's about time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've owned 3 Chevy trucks; An 2007 colorado, a 2010 Silverado 1500, and a 2015 Silverado 2500HD (my current ride). No major issues with any of them. Just regular maintenance.

I drive ford trucks at work, and IMHO they don't even compare to a Chevy.

I have friends who drive Rams....I'd take one over a Ford any day.

Can't say much about the Tundra, but I do know that year after year Toyota (as good as they are with cars) makes crappy trucks.

Stay away from Nissan. I just don't understand how any red blooded American wakes up one day and goes "I need a truck...think I'll go get a Nissan".

Honda Ridgeline.....do we really need to talk about this one? They look like SUV's with birth defects.

A GMC is a Chevy with different badges (which apparently raises the cost of the truck $5,000)...it's the same damn truck. So save the money and buy the Chevy.
You kinda lose credibility when you say Toyota makes crappy trucks. The taco has owned the mid sized market for years, and the Tundra is a great vehicle. It wouldn't be my pick but there is no doubt it's a solid truck that can compete in the segment.

And if you still believe GMC cost 5k more you haven't shopped them lately. Depending on what features and Trim you want sometimes they are more, sometimes less, but never different by more than $1000. That being said I have no idea why they continue to market both.

I also bought a Nissan Titan back in 05. At the time it was SOO far ahead of the Chevy in terms of cockpit and what you got for your money it wasn't funny. I still have it with 150k miles, and I have driven my grandfather's 06 Chevy recently, and the interior of my Titan is still much nicer. That was in the days that Chevy made one head unit for all of there vehicles. It was awful. Of course my truck was made in the US and his was made in Mexico.
With 820,799 sold in 2016, the Ford F-Series pickup became the best-selling truck in America for 40 years straight.
It’s also been the best-selling vehicle overall for 35 years, powering through several eras of high gas prices and economic recessions along the way.

There has to be a reason for that...

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/04/ford-f-series-marks-40-years-as-usas-best-selling-truck.html
If GMC and Chevy would combine like they should it would be much more of a back and forth battle, although I think Ford would still be #1 the last few years.

Ford Raptor crew cab. Always wanted one of these.
7451b4abb6603ccb345f89aaf6f4ae96.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think JRod would probably say Toyota, so I'll go with that.

Depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to hot-rod it up, go 5.0 for sure. If you want to haul anything, the larger EcoBoost seems to be the favorite. I can pull a 5.0 around the parking lot with my 3.5L EB. Faster off the lot too. I know nothing about the standard V6, but without turbo, I'd expect it to be a little doggish.

And for anyone talking about aluminum bodies, don't be surprised to see Chevy/GMC go that route in the next few years.

Heck, I've got the little 2.7 Ecoboost and it has plenty of power and over 20,000 miles I'm averaging 19.4mpg. It has the auto stop/start which I thought I would hate but it's been pretty great and I average 20-21 around town.

When you put it in to sport mode it gets pretty spunky too.

Ford, the only company that did not take the Obama bail out money!

Heck, I've got the little 2.7 Ecoboost and it has plenty of power and over 20,000 miles I'm averaging 19.4mpg. It has the auto stop/start which I thought I would hate but it's been pretty great and I average 20-21 around town.

When you put it in to sport mode it gets pretty spunky too.

Yep, it's a solid engine. I was on the fence around leaving the V8, but decided on the 3.5EB based on the recommendation of a buddy who is a ford mechanic.

Yep, it's a solid engine. I was on the fence around leaving the V8, but decided on the 3.5EB based on the recommendation of a buddy who is a ford mechanic.

I had the 3.5 in my last pickup and it was a heck of an engine too.

I voted Sierra because I owned a Silverado and liked it. I now drive a RAM Truck and love it even more. I'd be ok with the Toyota also. Never have been a fan of Ford even though I know they make a solid truck

I've been looking at trucks lately and I'd be happy with any one of those three.

Might slightly lean towards the Tundra though having had a Toyota 4Runner before and it was my favorite vehicle ever.

No love for the Nissan Titan? I’d take either the one with the Cummins engine or the normal one
64103f3826fb76d1ce5c0f7697211176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I own a 2009 F150 Platinum and it still looks and runs great. Maybe I will replace it with a F150 Limited in 5-6 years.

you can't go wrong with any of them but I'm a Toyota truck guy! Been a land cruiser snob all my life ;) I would buy the tundra 1st, Ford second and GM 3rd. That being said....if the ford raptor was in the mix that might sway me to put ford first. And it was already mentioned but the nissan with the duramax diesel should be in the mix.

Not sure where your info is coming from. I've been a service manager for Toyota for 10 years and have experienced complete opposite.

Im with you Dude! toyota cars are far from crappy! I only drive toyota's and have owned every series of land cruiser except the 60 series. Currently driving a 200 series that I'm sure I will pass along to my son when he can drive (he's 18 months old). I do admit that toyota cars look bland and even drive bland compared to european cars but they are a transportation tool. Designed to get you front point A to point B comfortably and reliably. And they do this better than any other manufacture out there.

Back