Pick a Pickup

• GMC Sierra DENALI

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Ford F150 PLATINUM/LIMITED

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Toyota Tundra PLATINUM/LIMITED

Votes: 23 28.4%

• Total voters
Im with you Dude! toyota cars are far from crappy! I only drive toyota's and have owned every series of land cruiser except the 60 series. Currently driving a 200 series that I'm sure I will pass along to my son when he can drive (he's 18 months old). I do admit that toyota cars look bland and even drive bland compared to european cars but they are a transportation tool. Designed to get you front point A to point B comfortably and reliably. And they do this better than any other manufacture out there.
Take a look at 18 Camry XSE, I think look is much improved. Looking forward to getting into this in January. 300hp v6 and handles like a slot car.
261de744ad0aee31001a996081fa9480.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I picked the F150, my brother and a couple coworkers have them and love them. I don't think I would be disappointed with any of them.

F-150 with the stipulation that you get the 5.0l V8 engine. the ecoboost engines are crap after 120K

Personal experience:
Ford - 15 years, I could not kill this truck.
Chevy - 9 years, this truck started to fall apart when I drove it off the lot.
Toyota - 9 years, 230,000 flawless miles and going strong.

For pure looks, I like the GMC the best. But there is no way I would buy a GMC over a Toyota. I'm biased because we currently own 3 different models of Toyotas (including a 2010 Tundra), and we have never had a problem with any of them.

I like the Toy for the longevity of parts and value. But I had a GMC Denali for 10 years crossing the country 4 times in it. Loved the truck but feel the Toy is more refined on the inside.

My GMC Sierra is a complete turd as far as build quality and the quality of parts is concerned, but I'm honestly of the opinion that they are all built like relative crap anyways.
It does have a lot of redeeming qualities and I've decided to ride it into the ground over the next 10 years hopefully.

If you expand outside your search take a hard look at the Raptor, a better play then the Platinum in my mind. I had a 2015 I regret selling. Right now I have a 2018 on order, Magnetic Grey, supposed to be in next week.

If you expand outside your search take a hard look at the Raptor, a better play then the Platinum in my mind. I had a 2015 I regret selling. Right now I have a 2018 on order, Magnetic Grey, supposed to be in next week.

Can’t believe they only offered them with a 3.5

Yuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t believe they only offered them with a 3.5

Yuck.

Considering everywhere I drive is 20 to 45 miles an hour that will be fine. Sold my ranch so I don't need something for that purpose any longer. Bought this one because I liked it.

Depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to hot-rod it up, go 5.0 for sure. If you want to haul anything, the larger EcoBoost seems to be the favorite. I can pull a 5.0 around the parking lot with my 3.5L EB. Faster off the lot too. I know nothing about the standard V6, but without turbo, I'd expect it to be a little doggish.

And for anyone talking about aluminum bodies, don't be surprised to see Chevy/GMC go that route in the next few years.

For me it would be reliability. Nothing to do with power or fuel economy.

For me it would be reliability. Nothing to do with power or fuel economy.

Fair enough. I fully expect to drive this truck well past the century mark. One of my good friends is a Ford mechanic and recommended it without hesitation so we’ll see. I’m not a heavy truck user these days, just always had one. Some light off reading and light hauling is about as far as I go these days so it should last plenty long.

I will say this is the second fastest truck I’ve ever driven next to a lightning ( not mine). The gearing in the new trucks is so much more responsive that the older ones I’ve had. This is my third F150 and fifth Ford. I’ve also owned a Jeep and a Dodge Ram charger back in the day.

Nissan Titan. Mine rides like a car has the same platinum of options as F150 for 8k less and has lifetime power train warranty

Interesting thread... I'm looking at getting a new truck before the end of the year.

I've been buying Toyota (Tacoma and Tundras) for the last 17 years; however, I did buy a Ford Raptor in 2014 that I passed on to one of my children. Still running great.

The Toyotas have been unbelievably reliable. Never had to take them in for anything except periodic maintenance. And resale values are unmatched by any other brand.

For me it comes down to appearance, features, and uniqueness. Yes, not being another Ford on the road comes into the decision. Just too many of them around for me to join the crowd. I had a cousin that had an F150 that he drove extensively in his business and he had more than his share of issues with it.

I am currently driving a 2016 Tacoma TRD and it has been extremely reliable. Love the fit and finish and durability. The ride is very smooth and fuel economy is above expectations.

I've been waiting for the largest Ford truck dealer in the USA to come up with a Raptor for me but they are asking $5K over sticker right now. They said if I ordered one, they would let me buy it for sticker, but won't guarantee when I'll get it. I told him I'd rather wait to see what they get in and for the "above sticker" to come down to sticker.

I've looked at Chevy, Ford, GMC, and Nissan, but don't see any real advantage (price or features) compared to what Toyota is offering and the resale is not on a par with Toyota. If you've ever been to Maui, all you see there are Toyota Tacoma - many of them older models. I asked someone why there were so many Tacoma there and they said because they last forever and the salt air doesn't rust them out like the other brands.

I'm not partial to Toyota in spite of the fact that I've had so many of them, but when I start doing comparisons I just don't see any compelling reason to switch. And while the Ecoboost in the Ford Raptor (and F150's) is a nice motor, I still think a V8, such as the one in the Tundra, provides a much smoother power curve.

Drive a 3.5 Ecoboost and you won’t want anything else. Tons of power, good fuel economy, and reliability.

GMC, I buy American and know the owner of the GMC dealer. They are great trunks and have great options including A/C seats which means a lot in SC

Nissan Titan. Mine rides like a car has the same platinum of options as F150 for 8k less and has lifetime power train warranty

Finally some love for the titan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toyota first, then the Ford and finally the GMC. The GMC has no rear leg room compared to the other two!

Not sure where your info is coming from. I've been a service manager for Toyota for 10 years and have experienced complete opposite.
Gas mileage. Guys I know with tundras say they cant drive by a gas station.

From 95% to a different truck. Like Toyota that much more or deal too good to pass up?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Back