Pick a Pickup

• GMC Sierra DENALI

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Ford F150 PLATINUM/LIMITED

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Toyota Tundra PLATINUM/LIMITED

Votes: 23 28.4%

• Total voters
Sierra without a doubt. It just feels and rides like a more sophisticated piece of equipment. More options, and better looking!

Toyota Tundra TRD. Might pay more upfront but the value is there and will last. Plus I think they look good compared to what's out there

Since I have so many buddies that let me borrow their trucks when I need one I'm not likely to ever own a pickup. Of those three I'd choose the GMC for its looks and I'd have to check the box for the 6.6 liter Duramax diesel.

F150 has them beat in just about every important category.

F150 has them beat in just about every important category.

With the F150, the aluminum body panels are a pain because small dents such as a door ding really can't be repaired without bondo and repainting.

With the F150, the aluminum body panels are a pain because small dents such as a door ding really can't be repaired without bondo and repainting.

Our shop repairs them with PDR all the time.

I do like the F150. We have a 2001 XLT 4x4 with over 240,000 miles and we have done nothing to it.

It is showing it's age though, as the air only works on high. Which is better than low I guess! And I need to fix the power door locks. But that's it. Not bad for a $1,000 truck that had 180,000 miles on it when we got in 2008 (it was a company truck I bought for a song when the driver got a new rig).

Although the Tundra is nice and so is the Sierra.

F150 all the way. Plenty of engine choices with tons of power, enormous back seat room if you go crew cab and great mileage with the Ecoboost.
436a5313e73302277eb4f8d30a3f5476.jpg

I love the F150, but the Sierra looks so sexy. I'll most likely look into a '15 or '16. I refuse to buy a car brand new...just something deep down in my soul won't allow me to. (Meanwhile, I bought my wife's Odyssey brand new a couple years ago, lol).

I'm a GM guy, I've just always liked the way the look and drive and have always had good luck with them holding up. I've put 90k over 3 years on my current truck and have done nothing to it but change the oil and do the routine maintenance.

I'll own one of these.

8f44f9c81a708f9e419241a81cb3b98e.jpg

I'm currently a Toyota owner ('16 4Runner Trail) but having driven both the Tundra and the Sierra, my vote goes to the GMC. It's better at being a truck, if that makes sense. But reliability will have to go with the Yota.

My current truck is a 2017 GMC Canyon Denali. I traded in a 2013 Ram Laramie crew cab. Loved the Ram but wanted something a bit smaller. Over the years I've owned a bunch of F150s, a few Silverados, a few Ford rangers and another Ram. Never owned a Toyota. Today if I was buying a full size it would be a Sierra.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Always been F150, the current one...
be814a5737e0aee1d3bc06cae3f032b9.jpg

I voted the Toyota mainly because of the reliability of the brand. It looks bad $$ IMO as well.

I'd go with the GMC Denali. Granted I'm not overly huge on GMC fit, finish, and quality but the 6.2L in the Denali is an awesome engine in a 1/2 ton and puts it over the top for me.

GMC for me. But I could be really happy with the Ford also. The Tundra is a great truck, but it is just time for a new body style. Very long in the tooth.

Recently considered buying a truck because some of the end of year deals are so darn great.

Top of my list was/is Sierra, Ram, Silverado. F150 only ruled out due to sparse availability for 4x4's in my area and less than stellar deals compared to the others. Top choice Sierra also low on availability though.

On the fence, still love my '09 Suburban...

King Ranch F150. I wanted one for sometime & bought it last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've owned 3 Chevy trucks; An 2007 colorado, a 2010 Silverado 1500, and a 2015 Silverado 2500HD (my current ride). No major issues with any of them. Just regular maintenance.

I drive ford trucks at work, and IMHO they don't even compare to a Chevy.

I have friends who drive Rams....I'd take one over a Ford any day.

Can't say much about the Tundra, but I do know that year after year Toyota (as good as they are with cars) makes crappy trucks.

Stay away from Nissan. I just don't understand how any red blooded American wakes up one day and goes "I need a truck...think I'll go get a Nissan".

Honda Ridgeline.....do we really need to talk about this one? They look like SUV's with birth defects.

A GMC is a Chevy with different badges (which apparently raises the cost of the truck $5,000)...it's the same damn truck. So save the money and buy the Chevy.

I was gonna go Tacoma TRD Pro but think full size for same price is wiser decision.
37c88f3da5488dfc17403265d2330579.jpg

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

My dad just bought an F150. It is NICE.

We looked at Dodge...they were just cheap in comparison.

The last Chevy/GMC product I owned had a great engine but components broke down at an alarming rate. That has scared me off from that brand in the truck / SUV segment, maybe forever.

I agree with Wake about the Toyotas...great rigs but boy do they need an upgrade to the body/styling.

FWIW, based on the photos, I happen to also think the Ford is the nicest looking...and by a long shot.

Back