Cleveland Launcher HB Hybrid Review

Solid review. This is one that might have me considering a change in the hybrid slot.

This definitely sits in the "must try" section for me.

Always a fan of Cleveland Golf, having adored previous Cleveland Mashies & Altitudes. For me, I guess the slight deficiency in distance doesn't really discourage from checking it out. Looking for more of a reliable long iron replacement, for those days where I need some help. Forgiveness and consistency being paramount.

Not having the adjustment? Not a big deal. Current drive is adjustable, play it at standard setup. 3W adjustable, still leave it at standard. If not having the adjustability in the hybrid can help provide more forgiveness, I am all for it!

Great job on the review!

Not a fan of the crown look. Distance seems suspect for a 3h, seems like a bit of a light shaft but I imagine this would work well for some people.

Data was presented fine, I assume it was from the 3h since that is the picture but wasn't 100% clear.

As far as not adjustable for a hybrid I don't think it is a big deal. Would be nice to dial in the gaps though, like you can with irons you can bend strong or weak. Not something that would keep me from gaming if I hit it well though.

I like the HiBore/white line on the crown. Face size heel to toe is very nice on the eye to me. I also am not too crazy about an adjustable hosel on a hybrid and with what Cleveland did by re-adjusting the weight in other areas is perfect and smart.

Great review man.

Great review Dean. I enjoyed hitting it on the range a couple of weeks ago. I do like the Hibore tech - and them going to the fixed hosel to reduce the weight makes sense, you feel the entire club through the swing.

Good to see Cleveland back offering full lines with a nod to their past.

I’m made my way to the PGA store yesterday and took a few hacks with the 4 and 5 hybrid. I was really there just to see if my wrist would tolerate a golf swing yet, but figured I might as well try these since they were there.

Fortunately my wrist felt okay swinging at about 75% (I didn’t want to push it). Holy crap these things launch high! I’m a notorious low ball hitter, and I was getting moon shots with these. I sprayed them everywhere (I’ll blame the injury and the fact that I hadn’t swung a club in 4 months or so), but I sure liked what I saw otherwise.

I can’t wait until they get the irons in for demo, even though there’s no way I’ll drop the coin on them.

I’m made my way to the PGA store yesterday and took a few hacks with the 4 and 5 hybrid. I was really there just to see if my wrist would tolerate a golf swing yet, but figured I might as well try these since they were there.

Fortunately my wrist felt okay swinging at about 75% (I didn’t want to push it). Holy crap these things launch high! I’m a notorious low ball hitter, and I was getting moon shots with these. I sprayed them everywhere (I’ll blame the injury and the fact that I hadn’t swung a club in 4 months or so), but I sure liked what I saw otherwise.

I can’t wait until they get the irons in for demo, even though there’s no way I’ll drop the coin on them.

they certainly help get the ball up in the air with no problem.

they certainly help get the ball up in the air with no problem.

Like nothing else I’ve ever hit. I think these will be beneficial for a lot of people who struggle with that.

Like nothing else I’ve ever hit. I think these will be beneficial for a lot of people who struggle with that.

completely agree, and what I like is that they launch is nice and high, ball gets to a good peak height for people who tend to struggle with hitting the ball high, and it keeps the spin rates in a good balanced area. Probably not a club that will draw the attention of the low handicap golfer, but could definitely find a way in the bags of many other golfers.

completely agree, and what I like is that they launch is nice and high, ball gets to a good peak height for people who tend to struggle with hitting the ball high, and it keeps the spin rates in a good balanced area. Probably not a club that will draw the attention of the low handicap golfer, but could definitely find a way in the bags of many other golfers.

I’m really interested to see how they work for me when I’m healthy. This is one of the only clubs I’ve ever hit that I could see myself spending new club money on. Only time and healing will tell if I actually do it or not.

I’m really interested to see how they work for me when I’m healthy. This is one of the only clubs I’ve ever hit that I could see myself spending new club money on. Only time and healing will tell if I actually do it or not.

sounds like the big takeaway for you is that you were able to swing some without pain.

sounds like the big takeaway for you is that you were able to swing some without pain.

No doubt. It’s been a long time, and I’m pretty pumped about it. Pain isn’t an issue anymore, but confidence in the repair is. I see the doctor in a week and a half, and I’m hoping he tells me I’m clear to swing away.

Has anyone compared the 4H or 5H to the CBX 4I or 5I for distance and accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With members picked for the Cleveland event, I figure maybe now would be a good time to bump this thread.

Not much on the hybrid like the rest of the line...

Thinking about upgrading from my mashie

Just purchased the 19* last week and got a chance to hit it on the range yesterday. I opted for a MRC KuroKage 80 stiff flex instead of stock shaft. All I can say is I'm really pleased. It's easy to hit and produces a nice high ball flight. I've been using the Srixon H45 hybrid but the Launcher HB knocked this out of the bag without a doubt. I wanted to try the HB b/c I loved the original HiBore series.
I agree with what others have stated about adjustability in hybrids and fairway metals. My opinion is that adjustability is not conducive for the average golfer and believe it will eventually fade out with most manufacturers. However, adjustable drivers make more sense to me.

I think there will be a lot more coming to this thread as a group of thpers get a full BSG of clubs, play wit Jamie Sadlowski and meet the team from Cleveland Gold in the next few weeks.

Just purchased the 19* last week and got a chance to hit it on the range yesterday. I opted for a MRC KuroKage 80 stiff flex instead of stock shaft. All I can say is I'm really pleased. It's easy to hit and produces a nice high ball flight. I've been using the Srixon H45 hybrid but the Launcher HB knocked this out of the bag without a doubt. I wanted to try the HB b/c I loved the original HiBore series.
I agree with what others have stated about adjustability in hybrids and fairway metals. My opinion is that adjustability is not conducive for the average golfer and believe it will eventually fade out with most manufacturers. However, adjustable drivers make more sense to me.

glad you like the HB, I'm looking forward to try this, I had the old faithful Cleveland classic in the bag this weekend and it was solid, I can't wait to upgrade to the HB

as far as the adjustability, fading out, I'm not sure I agree with you, I do think there is a market for that, but that's a whole other thread

glad you like the HB, I'm looking forward to try this, I had the old faithful Cleveland classic in the bag this weekend and it was solid, I can't wait to upgrade to the HB

as far as the adjustability, fading out, I'm not sure I agree with you, I do think there is a market for that, but that's a whole other thread

I'll be really interested to hear your thoughts on the differences between the Classic and the HB as far as distance and dispersion.

I'll be really interested to hear your thoughts on the differences between the Classic and the HB as far as distance and dispersion.

I'll keep you posted, I really like the Classic, the distance is solid for what I need out of it, with the CBX irons being a bit more distance oriented, I might need the HB to go a bit further, and I'm confident it will.

How did you all like the hybrid?

It's a bit too early for me to talk about distance and dispersion, but I can talk to you about the looks and feel.

looks wise, if you liked the Classic, you'll feel right at home with the HB, the shape is very similar. I didn't put them right by side, I'll take a picture tonight, but i can say I felt like looking at a very familiar shape. I personally don't like the bigger hybrids that look almost like fairway woods, this one is just right IMO. the silver line looks great IMO, I didn't think I'd like it, but it does frame the ball very nicely and I think it makes it look a bit more compact.

as far as feel goes, it's a bit less metalic than the Classic, if that makes sense. i felt very solid.

this hybrid provided a nice mid high launch for me, paired with the devotion 8, this club is right up there with the driver and the fairways as my favourite clubs in the bag.

How did you all like the hybrid?

I am a big fan. Just posted in the review thread that I think you started a while ago. Size wise it isn't huge, so I like the way it set up. Not a ton of offset so think it shouldn't have the huge left bias that a lot of hybrids have. Ease of launch is just amazing and when struck well it goes.

As a short hitter this and the 5W in my bag are really important, I honestly will hit more of these into greens than 6/7/8 irons. That and often times I use them to set up position on par 5s to try and give myself a 3rd shot in, so far I am very happy with both.

The Cleveland classic hybrids were my favorite hybrids ever. I found them so easy to launch. I’m defiantly interested to hear the thoughts on these, especially from those that played the classic hybrids.

#FiberLaunch

Back