Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you forgotten where KC720 lives? He has hooked me up with his overseas version of the J715 until mine returns. He might get it back.

I'm really happy with the FlyZ+ and really can't complain at all. His driver, the new Cobra, the new Callaway...

Aww man...thanks a lot!

I almost ended that comment with "or did you just pull one out of Kang's stable"? I guess I knew the answer.

So I ended up finding a nice sized separation between the upper and the rubber sole on my BioFusion Mesh golf shoes. I put a claim in with Puma and they gave me $70 to use on their online store. Now I have to choose between the Titantour Lites, BioDrive mesh, or the Biodrive Leather....pondering.....

all three are solid choices and I have a pair of each. You can't go wrong with any of them it's just a matter of which has the color choice you are looking for

There's a solid chance you know more than the sales guy, depending on where you were. And as always, go with what works for you. Are you playing the LZ Blue in S? I'm thinking of going that route with the GBB but trying to decide between R and S.

Yup. SS is 102 and I have no complaints about the blue in stiff. Just giving the Red a shot.

So I ended up finding a nice sized separation between the upper and the rubber sole on my BioFusion Mesh golf shoes. I put a claim in with Puma and they gave me $70 to use on their online store. Now I have to choose between the Titantour Lites, BioDrive mesh, or the Biodrive Leather....pondering.....

BioDrive Leather.

Seriously.

Yup. SS is 102 and I have no complaints about the blue in stiff. Just giving the Red a shot.

I played the Blue in my XR and I have the Red in my XR 3 Wood. Red feels a bit more stout but still retains some of the LZ feel. Not quite as much action as the Blue, but a good choice I think to maximize control and distance, at least mentally.

Pondering px lz 50. Looking to install on GBB which I'll be ordering. The success I'm having with lz (blue is 50 I think?) In 4w and mini, hoping it translates to driver. Now do I order 6.5 or 7.0, that's the question

Pondering px lz 50. Looking to install on GBB which I'll be ordering. The success I'm having with lz (blue is 50 I think?) In 4w and mini, hoping it translates to driver. Now do I order 6.5 or 7.0, that's the question

I think I just saw a video where Don explained if you're in between flex go with the lighter flex for distance and the stiffer flex for control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GBB and BBA 816 DD drivers
GBB and BBA 816 fairway wood
MD3 milled wedge
Mack Daddy PM grind wedge

Hmmm, looks like there's a pattern up above.

I think I just saw a video where Don explained if you're in between flex go with the lighter flex for distance and the stiffer flex for control

That might hold true for some. I tend to over swing if I go too stiff.

That might hold true for some. I tend to over swing if I go too stiff.

Yeah me too! When I know it's an X-Flex I tend to swing to hard.

Divine Nine.

Can it replace the 5hy for me come December? We shall see!

This is probably a weird question that might not make any sense...

I know that a longer (in length) iron will go further... but how does that compare to the loft of an iron?

For example:

Iron A: 7 iron is 37" and 34* loft.
Iron B: 7 iron is 36.75" and 32* loft.

If they are the same exact iron, what would be the difference in distance? Is there like a set yardage for each different degree of loft? Same question for differing lengths?

I hope this makes sense.

Check out raise.com. I got $300 worth of Cally gift cards for $240. I'm gonna start buying them over time and when the latest greatest comes out, I'll be ready.

Did you mention in another thread that the Callaway Gift Cards will not work at Callaway Pre-owned?

Did you mention in another thread that the Callaway Gift Cards will not work at Callaway Pre-owned?

Yep. That's why I mentioned the latest, greatest. Haha

all three are solid choices and I have a pair of each. You can't go wrong with any of them it's just a matter of which has the color choice you are looking for

I was leaning toward the leather, the only bad part about getting my money back is I have to buy them straight from the Puma website. Everything on their is much more money than the retailers.

GBB Driver and GBB 3 Wood for now, and MD3 wedges for Christmas...yes, I think that needs to happen soon. Off to look for trade-in fodder.

Still hard pondering a set of Baffler XL or Fly Z XL irons. My D100s are already very forgiving, but I need to accept the fact that I need all the help I can get.

Still hard pondering a set of Baffler XL or Fly Z XL irons. My D100s are already very forgiving, but I need to accept the fact that I need all the help I can get.

D200 FTW

I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on them in the Marketplace last week. Whoever bought them got an insanely good deal on them.

SS Ultra Slim 1.0 Midnight Black/Red - Apparently sold out everywhere on the planet. Grrrr.

This is probably a weird question that might not make any sense...

I know that a longer (in length) iron will go further... but how does that compare to the loft of an iron?

For example:

Iron A: 7 iron is 37" and 34* loft.
Iron B: 7 iron is 36.75" and 32* loft.

If they are the same exact iron, what would be the difference in distance? Is there like a set yardage for each different degree of loft? Same question for differing lengths?

I hope this makes sense.

Loft is changed from club design to club design to reach optimal launch angle and spin for that specific head design. The lower lofted iron will typically be designed to launch the ball higher(more mass low or lower cg) so in order to bring launch down to 7i spectrum they loft needs to be strengthened to counteract the higher launch angle the club design creates.

I hope that all makes sense.

My ponderings have turned into daydreaming of the future today

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back