staff bag and golf tubes

TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
Does anyone have a staff bag and use tubes?
Do they work?
How do they fit?
If so any pictures?

I'm just curious as some companies have no dividers other than the top cuff and I find it odd..

My friend has clear PVC tubes in his, bought from the DIY store he cut little slits and tucks them under the divider material to stay put, quite a good idea I thought

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I think it would be a bit overkill. The divider on a staff bag ranges from 9.5-10.5in in diameter and it’s designed so you don’t really need those tubes. Having owned and gamed staff bags in the past, very rarely do you have an issue with the club getting stuck coming out unless they just got twisted up in each other when put in the bag. Even then, it usually takes just a quick tug and out it comes.

The tubes work well on 14 divider cart bags, but I'd think they're pretty much unnecessary for staff bags.

I game a staff with a 6 way top, it does have 3 way divider material about half way down. My only issue is yes clubs can get twisted and its annoying, also grips can get damaged over time. I'm not suggesting putting tubes in the one I got, even though I wish the material ran full length.
I'm asking because the new 2017 titleist staff bag has the top cuff and that's it. I bought one a few months back and sent it back when i got it, not knowing they changed this year.
Overkill, probably, but there's still some sort of ocd that plays into this and a lot of money and I guess the list goes on for me..
I want to buy another one but my head keeps telling me NO and I'm trying to figure out what I can do to fix the problem.
I guess I can buy last years model from pga superstore online..

The tubes work well on 14 divider cart bags, but I'd think they're pretty much unnecessary for staff bags.

I bought tubes for my MC Puma 14 way stand bag. It doesn't have full length dividers and the Tubes have been the perfect solution. No more clubs getting caught up in the bottom of the bag.

but for a staff bag, I don't think it would really help. I might keep them from getting tangled up, but I bet you will pull the tubes halfway out of the bag every other time.

If you like 14 way bags they work great. I put some in a 6 way cart bag and they were just like individual dividers.

But I didn't like it because I often take out too many clubs to have to put back into individual slots!

I bought tubes for my MC Puma 14 way stand bag. It doesn't have full length dividers and the Tubes have been the perfect solution. No more clubs getting caught up in the bottom of the bag.

but for a staff bag, I don't think it would really help. I might keep them from getting tangled up, but I bet you will pull the tubes halfway out of the bag every other time.
I thought about that but you could throw your umbrella into one of the main dividers and put 14 tubes into only 5 of the dividers. That might jam them in tight enough.

I use a staff bag now and have for several seasons. I do not use tubes and I don't have any issues with bunching up in the bag. My other friends who carry staff bags don't use tubes either. I haven't seen or heard any issues getting their clubs out.

I've gone through 4 different bags this season and I'm tired..
I tried a ping 14 way but it's to small.
3 hybrids, driver, 3 wood and putter covers take up a lot of space.

Back