Anyone game an adams blue #4 hybrid?

bozack

Reaction score
Handicap
So I am relatively new, playing about four years and still have challenges with consistency.

I play Adams blue irons (5-AW) which I feel are easier/better than my old Tight Lies set

As well as a speedline super s driver, a 3 and a 5 wood, as well as an idea super s 4 and 5 hybrid and a Cleveland wedge.

I feel like my hybrids are the most inconsistent, plus with the 5 iron I have some overlap with the 5 hybrid.

I recently picked up a XTD TI 3 hybrid that I want to try out but am considering changing out the 4 idea for something simpler, didn't know if anyone played the blue 4 or possibly the Callaway Steelhead XR or the XR OS hybrid.

I am not a big fan of how much of a wood the idea super S hybrids are, just seem like I mishit off the toe with them all the time. I think ideally I would have a Driver, 3 wood, 3 + 4 hybrids, and then the 5-AW irons.

Any thoughts on the Adams blue or XR OS appreciated or any other thoughts on my setup

Thanks

Lots of feedback in the Steelhead thread on those hybrids. Really long and forgiving when I tested them.

For me the XR OS was the better of the two hybrids between it and the Steelhead. It launched higher and went straighter.

The Adams Blue I do not have much experience with. It came out as my Local Golfsmith was closing so never really got to test it much. They have a thinner tipped shaft .320 (I think) to help with launch.

I do n't particulalry like the blue, and didn't have much luck with the XTD Ti. I really want to like the latter, but the. I hit it and something is just missing with that package. I like hitting the TL hybrids with the ghost slots, but won't tell you they're the most forgiving.

If you want to go Adams in a hybrid, my favorites were:
- A4OS Boxer: These didn't look the best but they were long Dan I liked the shaft pairing.
- Adams Idea Black 2015(2016): They look like slightly larger TL hybrids but have a weight bar in the back (supposedly tungsten). They have .335 tips like a FW and are paired with a Fubuki shaft, so they really get up in the air in a hurry. They (for me) put up great numbers with the stiff shaft.

I do n't particulalry like the blue, and didn't have much luck with the XTD Ti. I really want to like the latter, but the. I hit it and something is just missing with that package. I like hitting the TL hybrids with the ghost slots, but won't tell you they're the most forgiving.

If you want to go Adams in a hybrid, my favorites were:
- A4OS Boxer: These didn't look the best but they were long Dan I liked the shaft pairing.
- Adams Idea Black 2015(2016): They look like slightly larger TL hybrids but have a weight bar in the back (supposedly tungsten). They have .335 tips like a FW and are paired with a Fubuki shaft, so they really get up in the air in a hurry. They (for me) put up great numbers with the stiff shaft.

Hey thanks

I am not committed to Adams especially since they are down and out at this point.

I took the XTD TI out today and while the rest of my game was terrible I did like the way it hit, though didn't seem super forgiving.

I am going to hit the store and check out the steelhead and the XR OS

I will see if I can find an Idea tech but adams clubs are getting scarce new and not many local places seem to not have many used.

Back