NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not mind being comish but I will say that I run a pretty tight ship

Just be sure to put PIM back in and draft Wilson :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wow... Missed a lot of nonsense in here.

1) in for fantasy hockey in 48 days

2) ducks signed Santorelli... I wonder who Boudreau pairs with getzlaf and perry

3) I BLEEPING love hockey!

4) brian engbloms mullet was cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is cool the right word?

1f46ffe062dcd6124202cd4852cc31ea.jpg

This is going to be the first year in a long time that my Gamecenter subscription might actually yield some happy moments watching the Oilers! I'm really looking forward to the start of the season.

If you guys ruin McDavid too, it may go down as the biggest travesty in the history of sports.

Just be sure to put PIM back in and draft Wilson :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Haha I will have to do a little research. I am also thinking about waiting till after football gets going so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Definitely looking forward to it again

So who is Edmonton going to take first overall next year?
One can't help but wonder where they'd be if they traded all their first round draft picks. I know that's dumb...but it's funny to think about.

So who is Edmonton going to take first overall next year?

Austin Mathews. Kid is a beast at 6'1 and 194 lbs at his age. Look out for him on the American side in the World Juniors this year.

Austin Mathews. Kid is a beast at 6'1 and 194 lbs at his age. Look out for him on the American side in the World Juniors this year.
I think he's playing in Switzerland instead of Everett this year. His family wants to get paid, now.

Did someone say fantasy hockey? I've been known to participate, sign me up!

I think he's playing in Switzerland instead of Everett this year. His family wants to get paid, now.

He's already touted as one of the top, might as well take the money.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh god no. How could we ever be worse than the 48 year long train wreck that is the Maple Leafs???

48 years a train wreck? I'm harsh on them for sure, but to say the past 48 have been a wreck is a bit of a stretch

I'm just counting down the days to training camp at this point... it's nice to have football on the way, but hockey has always been tops for me.

If you guys ruin McDavid too, it may go down as the biggest travesty in the history of sports.

Lowe - the single biggest disaster in a suit (just ask Brian Burke)in Edmonton history is gone, Bob Nicholson the last CEO to get us to a cup is back with a plan and we have a real coach and GM again.
I have been watching the Oilers since WHA days and last year it just made me sick to watch them. There was no clear direction or leadership - and no GM getting the pieces we needed to get better either. Instead we threw away defense men and goal tenders without letting them develop. It was tough to watch any of it, let alone games when you knew in the first 5 minutes all was lost.

48 years a train wreck? I'm harsh on them for sure, but to say the past 48 have been a wreck is a bit of a stretch

Sorry - it was a bit harsh, but their record of futility in winning a championship is pretty much unrivalled in pro sports.

Lowe - the single biggest disaster in a suit (just ask Brian Burke)in Edmonton history is gone, Bob Nicholson the last CEO to get us to a cup is back with a plan and we have a real coach and GM again.
I have been watching the Oilers since WHA days and last year it just made me sick to watch them. There was no clear direction or leadership - and no GM getting the pieces we needed to get better either. Instead we threw away defense men and goal tenders without letting them develop. It was tough to watch any of it, let alone games when you knew in the first 5 minutes all was lost.

Sorry - it was a bit harsh, but their record of futility in winning a championship is pretty much unrivalled in pro sports.
I think the Cubs and the entire city if Cleveland disagree, along with quite a few other teams.

I think the Cubs and the entire city if Cleveland disagree, along with quite a few other teams.

I feel sorry for everyone who gets to watch their team struggle on in futility year after year. We got our own taste of it the last few years and it sucks.

Very much disagree haha

It's already a travesty that so many first overalls have gone there. Frankly they should be shut out for a decade after this last pick.

...but, assuming they gut house and actually sort their **** out, there may still be hope in EDM.

This whole "the Oilers ruin prospects" narrative is really tired. Lowe and Tambellini were certainly turds, and they didn't draft very well outside of the first round but I'd be pretty hard pressed to find a prospect they've actually ruined. (The only possible exceptions to this are J. Schultz and Yakupov, but I'd argue Schultz was just forced to play over his head too young and Yakupov will eventually actually be a better player if he becomes a bit more defensively responsible.)

This whole "the Oilers ruin prospects" narrative is really tired. Lowe and Tambellini were certainly turds, and they didn't draft very well outside of the first round but I'd be pretty hard pressed to find a prospect they've actually ruined. (The only possible exceptions to this are J. Schultz and Yakupov, but I'd argue Schultz was just forced to play over his head too young and Yakupov will eventually actually be a better player if he becomes a bit more defensively responsible.)
You've got to realize that the rest of the league is sick of watching all these grade 'A' prospects go to Edmonton and wallow in futility. If not for the McDavid golden goose who knows where Edmonton was heading.

I think with Chiarelli in Edmonton, the years of futility may finally be coming to an end. If not for the Bruins' owner's son running his mouth midway through the season, Chiarelli would still be in Boston. PC's not afraid to do what needs to be done to build a winner, he had some bad moves like the Seguin & Boychuck deals but overwhelmingly had far more moves that were better. I think he'll do well in Edmonton & get that team stabilized.

Bob Nicholson that is the man in the right position in Edmonton.

You've got to realize that the rest of the league is sick of watching all these grade 'A' prospects go to Edmonton and wallow in futility. If not for the McDavid golden goose who knows where Edmonton was heading.

I don't really care about the rest of the league :D

Realistically, even without McDavid Edmonton was trending upwards. Without winning the lottery this year they still would've had a top 4 pick. With Nurse maturing, Klefbom looking like a future solid top 4, and one of Reinhart / this year's non McDavid pick the weak D corps problems were being addressed. Nicholson, Chiarelli, and McLellan are certainly a front office improvement too.

You want to talk about being unlucky? Imagine if the Oilers could've gotten #1 in Ekblad's year instead of Yakupov's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back