Votes: 22 12.6%

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Please take the poll above.

Spining & Shafting clubs 24 years...and there is more new shafts/technology to learn about, particularly in setting them as each shaft is different

I know a lot from just being around over the years but as materials change and assembly processes change there is always more to learn.

Very little but I know what I like. I find out everyday that I need to learn more about what drives my clubs.

I probably fall into the enough to be dangerous category. There is definitely a lot more that I don't know about than I do.

Pre-THP, never really gave them much thought. THP has made me armed and dangerous with shaft knowledge. Would love to further my education though.

Im pretty much in the enough to be dangerous category. Know a little but not nearly as much as many.

I've been trying to research shafts with regard to flexes, but, it isn't easy.

Have some knowledge but need/want more.

Enough to be dangerous.

Voted not much and don't care. But truth be told, I do care but I still don't know much. I only care when it comes time to a fitting for me....don't have the desire to have a breadth of knowledge on the subject.

Voted enough to be dangerous. Dangerous because I usually get it wrong, and that's dangerous.

JM

Im in the "wish i knew more but i have an idea of a shaft that works for me. i think" category

I used to really be into the issues with shafts but haven't really kept up the last few years so I would need a major update for my brain!!

I know a little but really would just prefer to have a fitter put me in the right shaft and then forget about it.

Very little bit want/need to learn more. Wasn't really an option for that.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough to be dangerous but would like to know more

Like others have said, I know a lot more than I did before THP. There are so many offerings out there that it is difficult to keep up with who is offering what. I usually start my research with Golf Works and their shaft characteristics chart, then from there I am at least armed with a list of shafts that have the potential to work well for me.

I voted Very Little But I Know What I Like.

I thought I knew a fair amount about them, until I foloowed the UST and PX events. Then I realized how much more there is to know about them.

I know and understand very little actually, I wish I could get a fitting and really see what difference a shaft can make

Very little bit want/need to learn more. Wasn't really an option for that.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the best way to describe it for me as well

I know and understand very little actually, I wish I could get a fitting and really see what difference a shaft can make

Having been fitted for my irons earlier this year, it really opened my eyes as to what differences can be seen/felt. I liked how the fitter narrowed things down as I went through the process but also explained what the numbers actually meant

Seeing that made me realise that there is so much more to clubs than just picking something up off the shelf and going with it. I do understand that club sets are designed to fit as many people as possible off the shelf, but that there is also fine tuning that can be done to improve the club for any particular person

You need another option, I dont know and want to.

I read the shaft profile and can relate to the marketed characteristics. But I dont know shat about shafts really. I think I like light, mid/high and stiff. Never been to a fitter to say this shaft is perfect for you. Even TM Performance lab, it was fun to try all the different iron shafts, but didnt get the full education as to why this or that one was for me.

Definitely need more knowledge. I know what works for me and what doesn't, but I really don't know why or how.

I know what I like, but I'd like someone a lot more knowledgeable than me to tell me what's best for my game.

I think with my lack of knowledge it comes down to not really knowing what shaft characteristics are best for my swing. Kick points, spin, flex, weight. Then add in the different OEM identifying characteristics and it becomes a gamble.

For instance, Gandura, I have no clue which would be a better fit. And at $300 + I don't feel trial
and error is the best method.

I know what I've been fit into for shafts, but I really don't understand the why.

Back