Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

Here is SE Texas we see quite a variety of creatures. Alligators are common place. Rabbits, squirrels, hawks, nutria rats. Depending upon where, whitetail deer, fox, wild turkeys. We also have our fair share of snakes...rattlesnakes and water moccasins you have to be careful of. The others are usually harmless. One of the courses I play frequently has a bald eagle nesting not too far from the course. That will get your attention when it comes swooping down to grab lunch sitting on the edge of the woods.

Lots of deer and bests here in upstate New York.

Was a bunch of marmot on the course here today. I had never seen them, so it tripped me out.

This would be pretty cool!
11248951_858585870844605_6926794730986064132_n.jpg

Today on the fairways on 4 and 5, probably 150 yards long and 100 yards wide, 100s of dragon flies. Never seen that many dragonflies in one place in my whole life. Weird part was there was no water for a couple hundred yards in any direction.

Yesterday I watched a bald eagle and an Osprey fight over territory. Surprisingly the Osprey won!

Both of those birds have nests scattered throughout my home course. I'm sure they clash on the regular.

Yesterday I watched a bald eagle and an Osprey fight over territory. Surprisingly the Osprey won!

Both of those birds have nests scattered throughout my home course. I'm sure they clash on the regular.

In Mountain View, CA - about 30 yards in front of our tee box, a hawk swooped down and caught a squirrel, and he just held him there. About 60 seconds later another hawk out of nowhere swopped down and attacked the original hawk. The second hawk didn't seem interested in the squirrel, which skedaddled like hell and got away. I don't know if it was a mating thing or something, but the hawks sort of rolled around and then flew off.

One guy had to tee off while this was going on and absolutely duffed it, hahhaha

uploadfromtaptalk1437741333783.jpg This guy was hanging out in a little stream where my ball was supposed to be. His shell was about a foot long, really big. Pelham Bay, NYC.

doe.jpg

Leaving #18 and heading to the clubhouse, came up this little baby.

Those two pictures combined look like my backyard on a daily basis. Some enjoy living with nature, I prefer to live in a bubble.

It's actually one picture - the bottom part was the windscreen of the cart.

Forgot to post this one from a few weekends ago.

beede38f764efb29fb635576df6191cc.jpg

Camera isn't zoomed in at all.

I stumbled into another fox yesterday night, I will take a picture next time

last time I saw them it looked mommy and two baby foxes, adorable

Large Centipede in Iowa last weekend

55e3c3be3a36c65b90eb8ff9366fb858.jpg

Coyote on course this morning

a9cfaf57b3bb0396f2d06e84a28aa2b8.jpg

Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

Nice alligator seen in Savannah by me, OleGray, KellyBo and TheMilkMan.
It wasn't small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No picture and I forgot about it until seeing this thread again. I saw/nearly stepped on a snake when I was at Erin Hills back in June. We both immediately moved in opposite directions so I probably scared it just as much as it did me.

More recently I've seen a lot of Deer as usual and a couple eagles.

In NC, we get the occasional deer, black snakes and copperheads (yuk!), tons of turtles lined up on logs near any water hole, etc. For a while, a wild turkey would follow my friend, Wally, everywhere. Wally got a big supply of turkey feed and would keep a couple of sandwich bags full of the stuff to feed his buddy. When Mrs. Sprinkle and I went to Canada, I saw a coyote (it was pretty damn big for a coyote and it didn't have those goofy ears) kill a pika in a sandtrap. And, at the Banff Springs Hotel course, the starter advises each group of the local elk rules, including the free 'lift, clean and place', or replace from elk poo lies.

We had a single join us on 14 today.

0e31756ecd542cd02fb2c9d52b565a80_zpsodxpan5k.jpg

c27977a814ad18976870ae8a6aa58095_zpsc6swwq67.jpg

db2fc2ae1d7576b964172c0ab158c616_zpsgjurucqw.jpg

JM

Then there was this big fella!

3bcb35001c371812a000a572c17b6ac2_zpskyegxpx9.jpg

JM

If I don't see this in person, my life will never be complete

Back