2015 Wyndham Championship

So could this be the start of Tiger getting back to some form?

Just catching up on some of the action from today
I think this course sets up very nicely for him in that it hides his biggest weakness, the tee game. Don't get me wrong, he's hitting a lot of great iron shots and putting very nicely. But even if he wins I'm going to be in the camp that says let's see him do this at a course that requires more off the tee before making any proclamations that he's back.

On the few holes he's taken driver out he's got it pretty well. I'd say it's promising, and for that reason I'm hoping he ekes out a playoff spot.

I think this course sets up very nicely for him in that it hides his biggest weakness, the tee game. Don't get me wrong, he's hitting a lot of great iron shots and putting very nicely. But even if he wins I'm going to be in the camp that says let's see him do this at a course that requires more off the tee before making any proclamations that he's back.

Must admit, from what I have seen it did look like a lot of irons off the tee apart from one huge driver shot

Maybe I need to play slightly shorter courses so I can hit more irons off the tee, or at least my 5w...

Well, I've never been much of a Tiger fan at all, but have to admit his presence made today fun to watch in this-long shot go at the playoffs here. Sneds is probably my favorite golfer on tour so tomorrow will be quite interesting to me with he and Tiger going at it.

Also, this thread has been a hoot.

Looks like may actually watch tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Before this, how any people could spell Wyndham?

Before this, how any people could spell Wyndham?

Probably tons because our phones autocorrect lol

He certainly had a huge impact. With the lack of star power, it's hard to fathom what any top stars would have done to ticket sales.

Is this a weak field? Never would've picked up on that.

Looks like some good golf played by a few folks today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this a weak field? Never would've picked up on that.

Looks like some good golf played by a few folks today.

Boy, can't wait to see the Gore, Blixt, Brown, Herman, Percey, Leonard battle vs Tiger tomorrow. An epic ending in store for us all I'm sure.

Guess we have to start somewhere........

I wonder if there will be any significance to Tiger being in the 2nd to last vs last group out? He hasnt been in either in a long time but I wonder if he'll do better coming from a few back vs in or tied for the lead. Crazy to think of questioning his mental game but he's not the same as old Tiger. Will be interesting to see

Boy, can't wait to see the Gore, Blixt, Brown, Herman, Percey, Leonard battle vs Tiger tomorrow. An epic ending in store for us all I'm sure.

Guess we have to start somewhere........

Not everyone is born "Big Time", some have to work at it.

Oh hell, what am I talking about? We just need to drop these smaller tournaments from the schedule all together.

Weak fields are bad for the game and the young guys don't deserve the opportunity.

Not everyone is born "Big Time", some have to work at it.

Oh hell, what am I talking about? We just need to drop these smaller tournaments from the schedule all together.

Weak fields are bad for the game and the young guys don't deserve the opportunity.

Oh, you don't know how bad I was pulling for a Gore/Woods final pairing. It would have been one we'd be talking about years from now........

Oh, you don't know how bad I was pulling for a Gore/Woods final pairing. It would have been one we'd be talking about years from now........

Lol... It would have been epic

Would have liked to see tiger go lower but to not falter is impressive. Would be nice to see him winds from behind.

Shaping up for an exciting Sunday round

Going to head out to the final round tomorrow will be great to catch this live. Hoping for some exciting golf down the stretch tomorrow

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

Got to start somewhere. He's got a long way to catch up to the new cadre of young golfers, but a win is a win. Whether or not if it's a weak field, he'd playing good golf and that had to help him with his confidence.

I wonder if having a "somewhat returned to form" Tiger chasing will have an effect on Gore. Hoge put up two solid rounds, then went two over paired with Tiger today. Gotta wonder if being a couple back from a guy with no real resume to speak of will narrow the gap even before club meets ball. They talked to a guy yesterday who was warming up on the range and then Tiger set up next to him, and he said it unnerved him a bit, and he was just practicing.

Definitely will make those boys nervous. Kinda hoping he gets hot tomorrow

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

I wonder if having a "somewhat returned to form" Tiger chasing will have an effect on Gore. Hoge put up two solid rounds, then went two over paired with Tiger today. Gotta wonder if being a couple back from a guy with no real resume to speak of will narrow the gap even before club meets ball. They talked to a guy yesterday who was warming up on the range and then Tiger set up next to him, and he said it unnerved him a bit, and he was just practicing.

I don't think it will have much of an effect on Gore because they're not paired in the same group, and even if they were, Gore and Tiger go way back. Gore played against Tiger all the way back in their junior days, I doubt he would be affected by Tiger as much as some other guys. Then again, who knows if Tiger even has that effect on most guys anymore.

I don't think it will have much of an effect on Gore because they're not paired in the same group, and even if they were, Gore and Tiger go way back. Gore played against Tiger all the way back in their junior days, I doubt he would be affected by Tiger as much as some other guys. Then again, who knows if Tiger even has that effect on most guys anymore.
Isn't it interesting the change there? Go back 6 years or so and we could just hand over the trophy to TW partially because these guys around him would melt under this situation. Early AM tee time for me and then I can not wait to see what happens today.

Isn't it interesting the change there? Go back 6 years or so and we could just hand over the trophy to TW partially because these guys around him would melt under this situation. Early AM tee time for me and then I can not wait to see what happens today.
Yeah man, if he was in the lead or a shot off the lead, it was his event. I think psychologically it will have a different affect. All those guys will be watching to see what TW shows up. I think his crowds will be annoying and he will slow the pace.

Then again they may go out and just shoot lights out and not even thunk of TW. It will be interesting to watch unfold.

Yeah man, if he was in the lead or a shot off the lead, it was his event. I think psychologically it will have a different affect. All those guys will be watching to see what TW shows up. I think his crowds will be annoying and he will slow the pace.

Then again they may go out and just shoot lights out and not even thunk of TW. It will be interesting to watch unfold.

It really will be. The course will have birdies out there for everybody, so my gut says it comes down to the flat stick.

It really will be. The course will have birdies out there for everybody, so my gut says it comes down to the flat stick.
He struggled some what with the flat stick yesterday. Something tells me he irons that out. I expect a fast start from him today.

He struggled some what with the flat stick yesterday. Something tells me he irons that out. I expect a fast start from him today.
I know he has played well the last three days. But are you seeing that same stuck and flip from Tiger? I saw some golf yesterday and it really looked like his hands were lagging behind. I'm far from an expert or a trained eye, that's why I'm asking.

Back