What is Your "No Man's Land" Yardage?

Any shot off the deck over 190 yds.

200-220 is a rough yardage for me. i feel like i should be able to at least get the ball on the surface, but it rarely happens.

i also struggle from 130-140. i should try to take a little off a longer club instead of muscling up on a shorter club.

120-130 right now.

Right now I have a bit of a gap between 125-135 that requires a bit of a manufactured shot.

There's also a bit of a gap between my 3h and 4 iron. If I'm that far out I'm usually not trying to score though.

I'm the same as Blake- 125-135 requires me to either let off my 9 or jump on my PW. I prefer neither lol...

Yep 125-135 - Step on a 9 iron or an easy 8.

Would that be an issue?!

Nope.....

anywhere between 90-100 yds. Too much for 54* and have to take too much off 50* to be precise.

I agree with this one right here. I was actually thinking about it the other day, this yardage drives me crazy. I'm starting to find that my 54 does carry further than i give it credit for, but its not perfect. I don't really like to choke down either so instead I have been trying to hit knockdowns and 3/4 50s.

It’s 75 yards for me. Not no man’s land but Everyman’s land in my case. It’s my on the course full 64* wedge, and technically I can hit every clubs in my bag at that distance, especially every wedges I carry 5. All are good in their own way but which one?

80-120. I just done have any feel right now for these gaps. I carry a 46 * pw, 50*, 54*, and 60*. I can't get any of them down and it's driving me nuts. This should be my go to acoring range and I can't do it.

115 to 130 lately. My GW and I have a love hate relationship so if I can avoid it or layup to 100 or 135 it makes things so much easier.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mike and I went over this while on shaftup. For me, 70-55 is just a weird yardage. Always befuddled and can’t get confident in really anything I try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to lay up if the carry is 230 or more.

I used to be awful from 30-40 yards out but I'm probably average at that distance now.

275+

The courses I play the greens are not had enough to worry about partial shots, closer the better.

What is this "no man's land" you speak of? :alien:

It used to be like 50-60 yard range, I've been pretty solid on those lately though using my 54* and a partial swing. I was using my 58* and catching too many fat or thin...

I have the most issues with all my lofted clubs, from 9 iron down. Everything gaps fine from 8 iron and I get the distance and trajectory I expect from 8 iron on up but I'm noticeably shorter than I should be (and super inconsistent) 9 iron and lower. I've kind of given up and now play a soft punchy shot with 2 clubs more than I should need in those no man yardages (130-80). One of the things that really bugs me is this part of my bag used to be my biggest strength back in the day. So much confidence hitting any of them full and I 100% EXPECTED to stick every op close. That was so much more fun and effective than what I do now to compensate.

Most of my gaps are pretty tight, but for some reason, when I get between 170 - 185, I just don't have a club for that.

My 6 iron is my 170 club. It will not go further unless I hit it thin. My 4 iron is a 185 club from the turf and about 200 from a tee. My 5 iron is hot garbage, so if I have a 175 or 180 yard shot... I TRY to hit my 5 iron there, but it pretty much goes the same distance as my 6 iron. I've been working on it, but... ugh.

100-50. I hit my 54 degree 110, and shoot for that distance on short par fours. I hit that club inside of an 15' circle with a full swing. Inside of that my distance control is not near as good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of my gaps are pretty tight, but for some reason, when I get between 170 - 185, I just don't have a club for that.

My 6 iron is my 170 club. It will not go further unless I hit it thin. My 4 iron is a 185 club from the turf and about 200 from a tee. My 5 iron is hot garbage, so if I have a 175 or 180 yard shot... I TRY to hit my 5 iron there, but it pretty much goes the same distance as my 6 iron. I've been working on it, but... ugh.

I would get the loft checked on that 5 iron and make sure it is halfway between your 6 and 4. Or you could just choke down 1-2 inches on the 4iron to take some yardage off.

My 5 iron is 170ish and my 4hybrid is 190 or so. Anything in between and I'm choking down on the 4 hybrid.

205-215 or so. Too long for a 4 iron, difficult to back off the hybrid enough to keep it accurate.

Anything inside 75yds. Not touching the clubs much the past couple years, I can't judge the swing.

Anything over 245. That’s the longest I can get out of my 3i, roll included on a low stinger. Aside from that I can’t hit a 3 wood or hybrid or 58° which means 265-245 is uncomfortable and the hybrid is just a nightmare. 58° isn’t enough no matter how much I swing. My bags full of gaps. At this point I’m thinking of going back to basics. Driver, 3-PW, 51°, 55°, 58° and a flatstick. I think that’s 14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anywhere from 210 to 230 plus into a green, I usually try and lay up to put a wedge in my hands. I just dont really feel confident at those longer distances

120-130 is a dreadful yardage for me. My GW is great for 115, but my PW is about 135. Biggest gap in my bag.

Thinking about this, I don't really have one that's set. Slightly less than a full wedge can be a little uncomfortable, but nothing I try to avoid. I also flight the ball so high that even a 15mph wind into me might be the difference between 8i and a 4i. If level and no wind 200 isn't real fun, it's a little more than club "x" but way too short for a full club "y".

I think mine is 35-45 yards. Too many ways to mess it up and a lot of options. Indecisive means death. I’d rather be 60+ than 40.

Oh and 260. That’s no mans land because I mutter oh man, no way is this going to land near the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back