index season almost over - how did you do?

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
I started this season with a goal of getting my index under 10. While that hasn't happened I made good progress. With the PA season wrapping up 11/1, I figured it was time to look at the season in total.

Start: 17.3
Low: 12.3
Current/expected finish: 13.8

how did you all make out and what are your thoughts on the season you had?

my homemade index tracker in excel the early progress that hit a brick wall. (and yes my tracking spreadsheet updates more than 2x month....)

index tracker.JPG

Need that spreadsheet!

20.5 is where I started the year.
17.5 is where I will end the year.

I very pleased with my progress this year.
Shooting for the mid-teens next year.

Started year at 12.9, ballooned to a 16.6 after terrible stretch of golf. Sitting at 14.8 right now.

Started at a 12.4 up to a 14.4 now a 9.8 if I can be a 9 at end of the year I'll be ecstatic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started Season at 12.5
Hit season high of 14.3 6/15/17
Hit all time low of 9.4 on 10/1.
Trending 9.0 at the moment

With 7-8 rounds left in October (hopefully) and some really good scores rolling off, should those not be replaced with equal scores I'll end up between a 10 and a 11 which I will gladly take with my tee game inconsistencies and short game woes

Due to a bit of a back injury in April my league HDCP shot up to 26, but was able to bring it down to 19 by the end of league season now that my back is almost fully healed.

I'm a couple of 10ths off of where I started the season. At least I'm consistent.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I'd have to go look where I started, but pretty sure it was flat. At an 11.7 right now and it's been around that all year. Given that I had a big chunk of my season taken from me bc if injury Im ok with it.

Started at 9.8, got to a high of 10.6 and currently sitting at 7.8. Very happy with that.

I believe I started the year at 18.9 and sit currently at 12.5. Very happy with the progress I have made.

Started at 20.5 and will be ending (I guess?? I am in AZ so does it ever end?) at 17.4

My index season never ends. Have been in mid to upper 5's all year. I believe low was 5.4 and high was 5.9. Currently at 5.6 trending 5.7.

I sucked in the golf tournaments I entered. Don't care much for the handicap as it doesn't matter but is down 4 or 5. Next year hopefully I can turn the tournaments around.

I started the year playing to a 14, got a little help from UST, THP, and Cleveland/Srixon, and I'm currently trending to a 7.9 after firing off two 76's this week. For most of the summer I've bouncing around the 7-9 range. Been a really fun year!

I started the year playing to a 14, got a little help from UST, THP, and Cleveland/Srixon, and I'm currently trending to a 7.9 after firing off two 76's this week. For most of the summer I've bouncing around the 7-9 range. Been a really fun year!

Agreed man, so much fun this year after our trip.

Start: 7.9
End: 8.4

Low: 7.0
High: 8.4

All in all it's been a better year than I expected given the birth of our first child. My ballstriking is great and my putting is holding me back...I'm ok with that lol.

Atta kid! You've come a long way over the past two seasons.

I started out the season at 6.3. With buying a house and having those projects I knew I wouldn't get the practice time needed to get a ton lower so I set a goal of 5. I did reach that for a short period of time but have crept back up to 5.7. Overall I'm pretty happy with my year.

Agreed man, so much fun this year after our trip.

We did indeed. It was a blast watching it happen for 2 more the last couple days also!

Atta kid! You've come a long way over the past two seasons.

Thanks dude! I'm pretty happy, but there's still room for improvement. You know how that is...I am excited for next year tho.

5.5 to start the year, was rusty after the winter and climbed to as high as 7.7 in the spring, now all the way down to 3.6 which is my career low.

Never had a handicap before this year and started playing golf in April after a 15 year layoff.
Started at 12.1
Got down to an 8.3
Now sit at 8.8

Overall I feel good about it but was not able to play as much as I wanted due to constant injuries. Next year I plan to practice a lot more and see if I can get it down to a sub 5. I think I can since I hardly practiced at all for the last 4 months due to injury.

Best year ever as far as my HC is concerned. I got to a plus for the first time ever. I have scrambled out of my mind, I'm not as good as the plus rating would indicate. I'm not as consistent as I'd like. My short game (for the first time ever) has been my saving grace. I've had a few hero level up and downs (410 yard par 4, duck hooked into Tree, chunk out, hit 4i to 35ft and then make par) which helped tremendously. For where my mental game usually is, saving a lot of these pars is very important.

Steady. Bounced around from 14.3 to 14.8. Driver is holding me back.

Back