Personal aha moment

TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
So the story goes..

My original set of irons were callaway steelhead x14's (3-PW) and I played them till this last January. I had titleist wedges 52-56-60.
Now these wedges played about 10 yards difference and fell right into place, smooth transition yards wise with my callaway pitching wedge.

This last January I was ready for a change. So I bought the srixon z565 (3-PW) and I also purchased the cleveland rtx 2.0 wedges 48-52-56-60. I was going to replace my srixon pw with the 48* cleveland.

So I'm playing the first couple weeks of the summer and I'm like wow this 48* is not very long, I should be hitting this another 10-15 yards.. I take the 48* out of the bag and put the srixon pw in the bag. Ok, this is much better now.

I put a lot of thought into purchasing the wedges and what bounce was needed.

So the first problem is and I can't believe I did this with all the decision making I did with the irons and wedges, the srixon pw is 44* after re-looking at the specs a week ago.. and I'm like well no wonder! I just don't have any clue as to why I would've thought it would've been a 48*.

So the next problem is which is a good thing but, I hit these srixon longer than my previous irons (they are fantastic irons if I might add) but there's to much of a gap between my srixon pw and my 52* now.

So now what do I do? I take the the 52* out and put the 48* in.. Ok, this is much better now.

Current setup-
srixon pw
cleveland 48-56-60

The gap between the 48 and 56 in playing is not much at all for me.

Without overpowering anything and just swinging normal the yardages that I'm comfortable with are as follows-
pw 120
48* 110
56* 100
60* 75

I know its a lot to read, its been a bit of a process for me.. I just don't know why I didn't see this sooner!
Thanks

Your srixon pw is 44*. When I was playing the 5 series srixons, i bent the pw to 45, and went 50, 56 bent to 55, and 60 bent to 61. The gaps worked out perfectly for me.

It's no big deal to replace wedges as often as you choose. I really like the titleist sm6's but I only have one. Eventually I'll be playing all titleist.

Back