Jaymo37

Against All Odds!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Glow Ball has to be the most fun you can have in public! For those that haven't tried it yet, I can't recommend it enough! A quick clip from the first tee tonight :)

[video=youtube;GnVyW7Z-wy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnVyW7Z-wy0[/video]

I am always afraid that those things are going to cave my driver face.

I wanted to buy some of these and try something cool with the camera and long exposure. Sorta make a night Shot Tracer just from the glow.

Which ones did you get?

I felt the same way at first, and to be honest I bet the balls they supplied tonight would have. Thankfully I had some of the better (Night Flyer) balls from the one I played in with OITW and Mpeterson a few weeks back!

I wanted to buy some of these and try something cool with the camera and long exposure. Sorta make a night Shot Tracer just from the glow.

Which ones did you get?

The course gave us some by Night Hawk that felt and sounded awful off the club face. The Night Flyers seemed more like a normal ball.

I felt the same way at first, and to be honest I bet the balls they supplied tonight would have. Thankfully I had some of the better (Night Flyer) balls from the one I played in with OITW and Mpeterson a few weeks back!

That makes me want to get some then.

That makes me want to get some then.

I've seen the Night Flyers @ Dicks, but they are pretty pricey. 12.88 I believe for a single ball. On a positive note... pretty tough to lose lol.

I've seen the Night Flyers @ Dicks, but they are pretty pricey. 12.88 I believe for a single ball. On a positive note... pretty tough to lose lol.

I still could! Although hitting it into a lake isn't technically losing it since I'd know where it is...

I’ve tried both glow v1 and the night hawk the led type. The glow ball is definitely feels better with the urethane cover but the glow is pretty weak after a few mins and you have to charge it quite often with the Uv flashlight. The led type is pretty convenient the ball glow for about 7-8 mins before it goes out and if you pick the right color like white or green you can see it easily, blue is pretty bad when the sky starts to light up. They are not as long as the glow v1 but it’s ok

I play at least 1 round a week before sunrise so I’d play 2-3 holes in the dark. It’s works for me as I can put distance between the next group.

I’ve tried both glow v1 and the night hawk the led type. The glow ball is definitely feels better with the urethane cover but the glow is pretty weak after a few mins and you have to charge it quite often with the Uv flashlight. The led type is pretty convenient the ball glow for about 7-8 mins before it goes out and if you pick the right color like white or green you can see it easily, blue is pretty bad when the sky starts to light up. They are not as long as the glow v1 but it’s ok

I play at least 1 round a week before sunrise so I’d play 2-3 holes in the dark. It’s works for me as I can put distance between the next group.

The course gave out the LED Night Hawks, and the folks that played them had a ton of complaints about the ball going out at impact. Have you seen that at all?

The course gave out the LED Night Hawks, and the folks that played them had a ton of complaints about the ball going out at impact. Have you seen that at all?

No but they have about 40 hours battery life. When the battery is about to go, it’d stay lit for less than 3-4 mins after initial impact. I bought a 6 pack and 2 went out in the first month, they replaced it for me. Funny enough I’ve never lost any led ball. It’s usually cold and no warm up, somehow I manage to advance the ball pretty straight. They are hard but they bite the green pretty well.

Night Flyers are the best - if you have high swing speed you can still do damage my buddy who swings fast cracked my bio cell 3w face a couple years ago

Glow ball is my fav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used a handful of different glow/light up balls over the years. The electroluminescent type that are USGA conforming are the best. I have played with the light on impact type, and will never use them again. They're way too hard.

Good fun!

Wait?? There's a "glow v1"?? Is there an "x" version?? Lol.

How do you read the greens in the dark? Headlamps?

How the heck do you see around the course?

How the heck do you see around the course?

You would be surprised how well you can see on a golf course at night with just the moon and stars. Early morning just before sun up is pretty visible as well, you can't see your moving ball though so you need the glow. GPS doesn't need light either for yardages =)

You would be surprised how well you can see on a golf course at night with just the moon and stars. Early morning just before sun up is pretty visible as well, you can't see your moving ball though so you need the glow. GPS doesn't need light either for yardages =)

Awesome, sounds like a lot of fun!

Awesome, sounds like a lot of fun!

There is no greater satisfaction than getting a few holes of golf in at 1am. Just make sure your course doesn't night water =)

5a5e0f37f6985d9c68d9faff126da8d5.jpg

Saw this on Instagram and thought of this thread. Glow ball looks like so much fun! Not sure if it's more fun than in high school when we'd sneak on at night to get wasted, have Roman Candle fights, and go water ballooning hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play a charity event each year at night with a glow ball. It really is fun and I look forward to it each time.

I've played glow ball probably 6 or 7 times and have broken two drivers playing it. Granted I always used old crap drivers, but those who decide to play - be careful and do not use any new equipment. Those balls are not safe to hit with new age clubs.

At my course, we set up tiki torches and play every hole as a short par 3. I'm not sure I'd enjoy hitting those balls the full length of a hole w/ a driver. Everything is a short iron/wedge

Yep! Still pretty tough to get a real good read though.

I bought a few of these for my front yard practice area and put 3 in my bag I use 2 to get better depth perception while hitting shots and run up to the green and put one at the pin. Works well.

Back