2015 Sun Mountain Three Five Owners - A Question

robenco15

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All,

The reinforced handle of the 2015 Three Five prods into my back when I am carrying the bag, no matter how I adjust the various straps on the bag. Has anyone else run into this problem? It is a bit disappointing as by the end of the round I have a mark on my back where the handle was constantly pushed into it and during the round I have spent more time than I'd like to trying to fix it and thinking about it. I've contacted Sun Mountain and look forward to hearing from them, but was curious if anyone else had this issue.

Thank you!

Replied elsewhere.

I have this bag, and at no point has the handle ever poked or dug into my back - I got this bag last fall, and I walk 95% of my rounds and it's still a super comfortable bag IMHO

I have this bag, and at no point has the handle ever poked or dug into my back - I got this bag last fall, and I walk 95% of my rounds and it's still a super comfortable bag IMHO

2015? Jeez, I gotta figure out how to adjust the straps then. You where it at the small of your back? As you can see, the handle is bent right into my back - http://i.imgur.com/6Y9fMMp.jpg

2015? Jeez, I gotta figure out how to adjust the straps then. You where it at the small of your back? As you can see, the handle is bent right into my back - http://i.imgur.com/6Y9fMMp.jpg

Tried loosening the straps a bit -- they look very uneven. I think the angle of the opening could be loosened a bit, too, so it is more parallel to the ground but still leaning slightly upwards.

2015 Sun Mountain Three Five Owners - A Question

There should be an adjustment you can make. I have the same one and never noticed the handle. I just put it on and looked in the mirror and it's close to my back but not angled into it like yours.

Have been messing around with it. Here it is more parallel, but everything I've tried I keep getting the handle in my back. The only time I don't is when I have it really low, but then I can tell it is pulling on my shoulders.

http://imgur.com/tJdCzHQ

I wear mine slightly lower but perhaps the bag is not made for someone who is as tall ...

I wear mine slightly lower but perhaps the bag is not made for someone who is as tall ...

I have been in contact with Sun Mountain and apparently I need to wear the bag lower so that the handle is inside the natural curve of my back. I lowered it and it seemed to work, just didn't realize the bag needed to be so low. Curious how walking a round with it so low affects me, if at all.

I have been in contact with Sun Mountain and apparently I need to wear the bag lower so that the handle is inside the natural curve of my back. I lowered it and it seemed to work, just didn't realize the bag needed to be so low. Curious how walking a round with it so low affects me, if at all.

Well, I walk with my right hand on a club at the bag's top and the left hand holding the bottom of the ball pocket (where some bags have a place to grip). It keeps the weight against you to make the bag feel lighter - the bag should be against your butt as you walk.

Having just seen this thread what I've always gone by is that the bag should be pretty low -- not even so it fits in the small of the back. Mine feels a bit like the bag is lightly resting on the top of your rear end, although IIRC they called it 'hip level' in the instructions. Sounds strange and feels strange at first but it helps to take some of the weight off of the shoulders and is part of the design. You'll get used to it.

Although not Kardashian class, I've got a, ahem, shelf that can provide a lot of support. YMMV.

Back