Driver recommendation. Drive is 150-200 yards want more distance

I doubt that a low spin SLDR is the cup of tea for someone with drives going 150-200.

Like so many others here, you have failed to recognize the huge differences between the original SLDR Drivers from 2013-2014 and the SLDR-C that was announced in mid-2015.

Unlike the original SLDR's, the SLDR-C was designed to be easy-to-hit, and forgiving. It also likes to go dead straight, so you have to put a pretty bad swing on it to miss a fairway.

The SLDR-C is therefore quite possibly an ideal driver choice for the OP assuming he gets the proper loft and shaft. However, I do agree that none of the original, unforgiving SLDR's would be a good fit for him, and perhaps even the worst choice he could make!

Last edited:
The new model that was the old model that didn’t sell?

Op- Best bet is to go hit a bunch of drivers on a simulator and see what is the best for u. I like cobra drivers but could easily play a bunch of other ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to go make some popcorn and sit back to follow yet another wonderful installment “Buy my SLDR”.

There are a ton of great drivers on the market this year, and even over the last couple years. However without knowing more details about your typical ball flight it's hard to steer you in the right direction with anything other than a guess.

The new model that was the old model that didn’t sell?

Not at all...Yet another guy who is beyond clueless. These are (2) completely different 460cc clubheads...not even the same head shape when you see them side-by-side. Seems you, like so many others here still fail to understansd that!

BTW, the only reason there are a few brand new 2015 SLDR-C's still available is because one particular ebay Seller made a mistake when listing them, (a listing error). He accidentally listed his SLDR-C drivers as 'heads only', when in fact the few he has are not just 'clubheads', but complete golf clubs...still in the plastic, with the stock shaft and headcover).

Aside from the few SLDR-C Drivers he has, all the brand new ones are long gone and 'sold out'.

Those with an 'open' mind will appreciate this driver could be a very good fit for the OP... a brand new easy-to-hit driver at a super-bargain price of $109.

That is precisely why I provided my personal experience review, (having played the SLDR-C Driver for well over 2-years now), and also a 'heads up' on where he can still find a brand new one should HE be interested!

I am not the ebay Seller, just a very satisfied SLDR-C driver user making a recommendation at the OP's request.

sldrccrownsmall.jpg

Last edited:
Let me throw out the Cleveland Launcher HB, it is $299 brand new and has been a game changer for some of us that have been testing it.

h

Not at all...(2) completely different 460cc clubheads...not even the same shape when you see them side-by-side. Seems you, like so many others simply haven't understood that!

BTW, the only reason a few brand new redesigned-for-2015 SLDR-C's are still available is because one particular ebay Seller made a mistake, (listing error), and accidently listed them as 'heads only'. Fact is the few he has are 'complete', (i.e. still in the plastic with shaft and the headcover).

Aside from the few SLDR-C Drivers he has, all the brand new ones are long gone and sold out.

Could be a good fit for the OP, a brand new easy-to-hit driver at a super-bargain price of $109. Hence, I provided my review, (having played it for over 2-years now), along with a 'heads up' on where he can still get a new one should HE be interested!

We get it. You like it and have made a recomentadtion.

You can continue your thoughts over here. Odd that it's a thread you started.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...eries-Driver-Fairway-Woods-and-Rescue-Hybrids

We get it. You like it and you made a recommendation. I also noted that you started a thread back when the driver was first announced.

Seems you are 'slow' to catch on as to what 'this thread' is about, (driver recommendations for the OP), and instead want to divert attention to a much older thread from 2-years ago when the SLDR-C line was first announced.

Yes, I started a thread on the entire SLDR-C lineup back in 2015 when it was first announced by TM. At the time of that post, nobody here yet knew of the announcement which included not only the SLDR-C Driver, but matching Fairways, and Hybrids as well. Seems it caught everyone here by surprise, despite a THP belief that your 'esteemed leader' always receives 'advance notice' of any and all major brand golf club announcements before the actual announcement is made! However, he was also caught off guard, so that myth was proven false by that old 2015 post of mine. However, that was over 2-years ago, and not relevant now since nobody back then had any experience with the SLDR-C Driver. It had just been announced!

Fast forward to the present, and the OP has asked for driver recommendations and I recommended the driver I have been playing now for over 2-years. I have also said precisely why i recommend this particular driver. After that, I had to 'correct' a few people here who apparently are still 'misinformed' about the SLDR-C driver, and hence don't seem to understand how well it potentially fits the OP's needs.

Headcover Small.jpg

Seems some people here would rather critique my recommendation instead of making a driver recommendations themselves. However, those with 'zero' experience or knowledge of the driver I recommended tend to post inaccurate assumptions that only illustrate just how little they know about it.

There is no excuse for allowing inaccurate information to be spread on forums like this, so when I see 'obvious' lies, fabrications, distortions, or other types of misinformation posted here, I will correct it with the facts, and hope that others would do the same.

Of course, you are always free to elaborate on your own recommendation if you are able to add something of value in subsequent posts...

Last edited:
h

Yes, I started a thread on the whole line back in 2015 when it was announced by TM. Nobody here yet knew of TM's announcement of the SLDR-C Drivers, Fairways, and Hybrids until then.

OP has asked for recommendations, I made mine, and have said why. I have also corrected a few people here who were/are apparently misinformed about my recommendation. Those who post misinformation here should be immediately corrected with a proper reply, and not simply tolerated.

Of course, you are equally free to elaborate on your own recommendation, if indeed you have something of value to add in subsequent posts...

Awesome. Let's get this back on topic and not get defensive when people disagree with you.

I say drink a half dozen of white russians, log on to EBAY, type in "golf driver - used", Look at the auctions, and wake up in the morning with a surprise driver being delivered.

Been there, done that

What ball flight are you getting now? How is the contact with the current driver -- are you catching out the center or is there a consistent miss? Which G400 model do you like?

Dave

I'm gonna say that with your distance a 3 wood might suit you better right now.
Something with a 13°-15° loft could be the answer for you.

Seeking new driver. Currently using Cobra 440, tried callaway m2 not a fan, tried ping g30 felt like I shattered glass but ball had little take off. I love the new Ping G400 but looking for more affordable performance? Any suggestions? I ordered my cobra off callaway preowned.
I'd say there won't be too much difference no matter which driver you decide on. I'd focus more on the swing itself and see if there is anything you can do different to create more swing speed and solid contact. Do you think a lesson would be beneficial?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back