The Rise of Chump Fries

Chump Fries

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Handicap
30 years ago, Courtney Humphries came into this world. At the ripe age of 23, he took up golf for the first time. Several years later he joined an online forum of semi-crazed golfers and aptly called himself chumphries. Fast forward a few more years and he was selected to be part of possibly the most unique event THP has ever offered.

After a few years on the forum, unbeknownst to chumphries, some people read that username as "chump fries" (really people?) Well it has stuck. After a week of good fun and constant ridicule, it was time for chumphries to die. Chumphries was a 3.5 handicap internet golfer who played on some of the easiest golf courses known to man. After being baptized in the green hell that is the kikuyu grass of southern Califorinia, the internet golfer played some of the worst golf of his life but had the absolute best time doing it.

Seriously, I hate this stuff:
kikuyu_grass.jpg

Chumphries officially became Chump Fries when Don from PX wrote "Chump Fries" on the golf shaft order. 20 minutes later, a PX employee responsible for cutting out the pieces for my shaft came in the conference room and had questions about Chump Fries's unique shaft. After several minutes of laughter and from that moment on, Chump Fries was officially here to stay.

WouldYouLikeFriesWithThat.jpg

I want to give a big thanks to Don and all the people at Project X for putting on such a great event. I had the privilege of riding with Don during our round at Balboa. Ignoring the fact that I nearly snapped my 4 iron over my knee after nearly killing Awkward Silence (who was on the previous hole's green....don't ask), I had such a great time riding with Don and picking his brain about golf shafts, talking about some tour players, and just having a great afternoon. I truly looking forward to future THP events, catching up with the guys who I got to meet on this trip, and learning to crush my driver with my new handcrafted shaft Alez367/Sandiegonative style :) (both guys killed it when they tried my new shaft)

YES!!!!! This needed to happen.

I was wondering if this was going to happen. Fantastic.

Welcome to THP Chump!

That's funny dude! I love your new name :D

Way to embrace it.

Welcome to THP.

That story was awesome. I guess we can also call you "Chump" or "Frenchy" now too?

THP... It will change your game!
THP... It will change your name!

Bahahaha, thats awesome.

Just so awesome seeing Courtney embrace the love. What a great week PX was.

Hearing you say it on Wednesday was funny, finding out it stuck was even better. You're a good man #chumpfries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so awesome seeing Courtney embrace the love. What a great week PX was.

As someone who was following along from outside - everything about that event seemed fun. Even the pre-event threads were hilarious - and a bit off the rails at times. Don had a lot to do with that, but it seemed like it was a great group of guys.

That story was awesome. I guess we can also call you "Chump" or "Frenchy" now too?

THP... It will change your game!
THP... It will change your name!

Of course. At this point, anything is fair game.

That is AWESOME!

The name change is awesome and the new avatar is perfect.

Very funny! I was wondering where Chump Fries came from.

Embrace it...well done

Epic post dude lol. Love it

This is hilarious, and awesome.

takes a special person to put themselves out there, get a good ribbing, and laugh along with everyone. love your enthusiasm, and it was awesome following along with you and the other handcrafted experience participants. y'all killed it with the updates, and here's to killing that new shaft when it comes in! and i can relate to #internetgolfer and what can happen in your first thp event. i can't even blame my score on kikuyu! keep on keepin' on chumpy.

Absolutely love reading these type of stories after a THP event.

I love when THP events end up changing a forum name. I witnessed in person the rise of Boom Boom in Kentucky, and following along to the rise of Chump Fries at the PX event was a blast as well. Good times.

Welcome to THP Chump Fries!

Absolutely glorious. Now begin the days of the CHUMP!

Was an absolute freaking blast hanging out and playing golf with you in San Diego this weekend. Let me know if you are ever in NW Washington and we will tee it up. And if I am ever in the Mercurian hellhole that is bumfu** nowhere Mississippi, I will be sure to give you a call too :act-up:

Back