Live Update Thread - Project X The HandCrafted Experience

Will be boarding a plane in a few hours to head back east. I'll have a longer recap coming later, but this was by far the most incredible event I've been a part of. Project X and THP delivered something to that had never been done before. The first people outside of the company to roll shafts; Don himself has never rolled a shaft! Dedicated design time with O'Neil. Paint work with Arturo. And finally Don himself, who has forgotten more about shafts than I'll ever know, interpreting my feedback to design a perfect shaft for me. And 6 other amazing THPers to share it all with. Just incredible!

I'll save my recap for the thread JB will be setting up but I just wanted to say this was an incredible experience and thank you to THP and Project X for setting it up and thank the fellas for being so cool and welcoming during my first event. Great group of guys and I look forward to future events.

Some pictures I've been behind on editing and getting put out there from the week. Had such a great time.

6edd2f2a1be4b20eaac9befc7e18ada9.jpg

44bc075f22dff126c5a5b84f0bece386.jpg

b3040ec1d1216835f6bcb2292bd60b0e.jpg

31c4747fd4fc26ff32528ff6ab956622.jpg

b782f2acf106143c2fa0ba1d053d9744.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am in the airport now waiting for the plane back to Seattle, but just want to say that this was freaking amazing. The time at Project X was awesome, Don, Sydney, Lauren, O'Neil, Arturo, and Larry were amazing people to work and play with, shaft design, graphics, and rolling were awesome, the group of THPers was all world, JB and Dean were excellent hosts and great to chat with, and the golf at Balboa was a friggin blast. Amazing amazing event. And oh btw, my new custom shaft feels awesome and produces a great trajectory too!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

A few from the post meal activities at Ballast Point. The guy in the last pic is George. He's with the steel shaft division. He and I talked for quite a bit and he's a crazy smart guy. I learned a lot about thePX and True Temper factories and manufacturing process. Couldn't have talked with a nicer guy.

f429a37bd9947523358d4ce0a809b82d.jpg

1313b73d85d555b29c97cfd3ffaf63b1.jpg

ec13701e33d17ef604482f49d239d1ca.jpg

311d54f3ea68d26a7c3c9d72a464eb5b.jpg

39a5a7f5a73db9a6811bd7f80f67f9d7.jpg

I wish I had got to talk to George more, seemed like a good dude. Great pics Courtney!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Barry and I are the last 2 left. Finishing up breakfast before heading to the airport. This was truly an experience of a lifetime and something I will never forget. I will have a full recap but thanks to THP and Project X for everything! Also to the 6 guys who joined me and the other THPers I got to meet at Torrey, you guys are all awesome dudes and hope to tee it up with you guys soon!

This event has been amazing to follow. The treatment you guys got is world class top of line, TT has shown everyone how awesome they are.
Getting to roll your own shafts and having them ready to hit the next day, just WOW!!!!, that is out of this world. Thanks for sharing and letting us follow along, sharing videos and photos.
I hope you all crush those shafts for many games to come.

Just a question do the periscope videos only last so long? I cant watch any of them.

They only last 24 hours.

Really great event to follow. Hats off to JB, Ddec, GG and the entire TT crew.

And oh the participants rocked it with coverage.

Chump Fries may have taken a lot of ribbing. But his photo skills are crazy good. Really a lot of professional quality shots.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

They only last 24 hours.

as cool as it is to have the content live, would it be possible to transfer them on something like youtube for future reference?

as cool as it is to have the content live, would it be possible to transfer them on something like youtube for future reference?
I'm a newbie to periscope myself. But I don't think there is an option for that.

I'm a newbie to periscope myself. But I don't think there is an option for that.

Thanks Rob, I don't really know Periscope either, I was just thinking out loud

Thanks Rob, I don't really know Periscope either, I was just thinking out loud
Yesterday was my first day broadcasting with it at our Maryland outing.

Somehow all the footage I shot came out reversed. T2GRN18 has very nice lefthanded swing.

Mne aren't quite 24 hours old yet if you want to see them. Same user name as here.

Somehow all the footage I shot came out reversed. T2GRN18 has very nice lefthanded swing.

Mne aren't quite 24 hours old yet if you want to see them. Same user name as here.

I saw some of them yesterday Rob, all the left handed comments were pretty funny.

Thanks for doing that buddy, it was fun to watch. I'm going to try to do the same for the Michigan outing this weekend. Maybe the video wont be flipped

Thanks for doing that buddy, it was fun to watch. I'm going to try to do the same for the Michigan outing this weekend. Maybe the video wont be flipped
If you can figure it out let me know. Maybe I'll Google it today to see what I was doing wrong

Actually you can save the original video but without the posted comments. Before starting your stream, go into the settings section of the periscope app and there's an option to save your video to your phone's camera roll. Make sure it's selected and after the stream is done being broadcasted, a copy without comments will be saved for uploading to YouTube

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440429012.352994.jpg

A few from the post meal activities at Ballast Point. The guy in the last pic is George. He's with the steel shaft division. He and I talked for quite a bit and he's a crazy smart guy. I learned a lot about thePX and True Temper factories and manufacturing process. Couldn't have talked with a nicer guy.

311d54f3ea68d26a7c3c9d72a464eb5b.jpg

Ray Liotta?

I have never gotten Ray Liotta before haha. Thanks...?

If you did not follow this thread a few months back, it is worth the read now.
This is coming back in 2016 with a loud bang that will leave you shaking your head and asking "How the **** is this possible"

If you did not follow this thread a few months back, it is worth the read now.
This is coming back in 2016 with a loud bang that will leave you shaking your head and asking "How the **** is this possible"

I followed along live in 2015 and there were a couple of times I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. The things these guys did for the participants was unreal.

I followed along live in 2015 and there were a couple of times I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. The things these guys did for the participants was unreal.

Now think of that, then pick up your keyboard and hit yourself in the head with it repeatedly. Then you will get a taste of what is coming in 2016. :D

I tried to follow as well as i could and it was awesome. The things those guys got to do was out of this world.

Back