NO1 50 Pro Grips - THP Preview

As my quest to find the perfect grip rolls on, I like quite a bit about what James has to say about these.

I see both the Pure and the I-Line comparisons in just looking at the pictures. Having used both of those grips, and liking, but not living them, these could be perfect for me.

And if they are, I wouldn't hesitate at $16/grip. (Yes I would…).

Look pretty sharp, and sound really interesting for a grip. Curious to see how they hold up over time.

For those curious, this is on my mini 1.5

0291c2d21a7e561cdd6b102ae57bcd9b.jpg

I like the sounds of those and a blacked out grip is not all that bad looking.

I like the initial thoughts, just not the price. These have been on my mind for awhile, mainly the regular 50's since I love the bright colors. But wow you weren't joking the pattern makes it look like craters!

I've always liked the NO1 grips by feel alone. I never could pull the trigger on a set though as it would run over $100 for a set, installed. And in honor of "shark tank", "and for that reason I'm out"!

Although the blacked out scheme looks insane! I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed these a good bit yesterday, it was actually in the 80's and rained on me off and on during my 9 so that was a plus for spending time with them on the clubs I swing the fastest (Driver and Mini).

No slip issues in the rain, but, it wasn't a deluge, so I'll soak them and my hands at some point next time out and see how it goes.

I also really like the texture, but some won't. I prefer a grip with more grip/texture to it (hence my UTx love) and these with the really deep tread and increased firmness have it, but they don't lose the feeling of the softer rubber material NO1 uses. Its a pretty cool blend.

Went glove and gloveless, hands and glove came out fine, but some of you with your delicate hands may not fare so well LOL.

More soon, spotlight will be written very soon as well.

Oh, and yeah, they look pretty sick blacked out.

Your on course thoughts are promising. How are these grips as far as remaining clean? Tacky is a good thing, sticky such that grit, lint etc constantly sticks to the grip isn't.

Your on course thoughts are promising. How are these grips as far as remaining clean? Tacky is a good thing, sticky such that grit, lint etc constantly sticks to the grip isn't.

I was worried about that myself, no issues yesterday, but I also only had them on two clubs I don't lay on the ground sometimes like with my irons/wedges. Will have them on more club come Wednesday and its something I'll definitely look at.

So, thoughts really haven't changed here. They're super tacky and the deep tread gives them a TON of texture. I've got to admit I've been impressed, the price though I know is and will be an issue for many, FWIW though the durability is there so far even with the thin walls and deep treads combined with my thumb death grip. Also, literally tossed them down in the fresh cut grass and such the other day just to see what stuck, and I was pleasantly surprised, some did, but nothing like I saw/see out of PURE's or even the Lamkin wraps.

So, thoughts really haven't changed here. They're super tacky and the deep tread gives them a TON of texture. I've got to admit I've been impressed, the price though I know is and will be an issue for many, FWIW though the durability is there so far even with the thin walls and deep treads combined with my thumb death grip. Also, literally tossed them down in the fresh cut grass and such the other day just to see what stuck, and I was pleasantly surprised, some did, but nothing like I saw/see out of PURE's or even the Lamkin wraps.
Nice thoughts man. I freaking love some of the color combos they offer but as you mentioned I've got pathetically fragile hands lol not sure I'd last. I may look for a deal just to try one tho, not trying to beat the horse but the price... hard to beat that $2 iline for me personally haha

Back