Jordan Spieth, Fluke or Future Superstar?

This may be the time to mention that DJ handed the U.S. Open to Spieth on a silver platter.

I certainly think Spieth is a superstar. He's currently one. He had an unbelievable year in winning two majors and just missing the other two.

Time will tell how great he can be. But, I think he'll be one of the greats before he's done.

Or did Jordan hand him the opportunity making double on 17..... No double, no chance to tie :)

Before I begin, I am in not way a Spieth hater, what he has done this year is exciting to watch and could possible stir a new generation of golfers as Tiger Woods did many years ago.

In 2015, Jordan Spieth entered the PGA season with one PGA Tour win under his belt, the John Deer Classic from 2013, which he won in a playoff. He has two other other wins, but not official PGA Tour victories.
Then in 2015, he stormed onto the stage winning the Valspar Championship, then the Masters in record setting fasion followed up by the US Open. He placed 4th in the Open and tied for second in the PGA Championship before finishing the year with his second John Deer Classic. He is currently leading the FedEx Cup standing by a wide margin and took over the #1 World Golf Ranking.

My question for you, is Spieth having a career year that he may not duplicate again, or is he leading a new generation of superstars?

giphy.gif

Future? How bout current superstar

Will be win 2 majors/year going forward? I don't think so.

But he will be at the forefront of golf for a long time IMO.

Well, if he repeats this the next 9 years he surpasses Nicklaus.

I think he is the real deal though his putting is what sets him apart. The rest of his game is good but there are guys who hit it longer than him. Another thing he has is some mental toughness. I don't think he is quite where Tiger in his prime was but you can't be as competitive in all 4 majors like he was without having that.

There are so many good young golfers coming up that I just think were not going to see one player dominate for years on end. I think we are really going to see more and more Asian golfers come here and play well.

Hard to say to be honest. Look at Tiger,all it takes is an injury or something to take you off your game

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Definitely not a fluke, but repeatable, don't know. The kid can really play, no doubt. Will he be a superstar, I think he already has proven he is. I just hope he doesn't change something that he has proven that he doesn't need. He has all the tools to be one of the greatest of all time.
At his age, he will become stronger, and he is already wiser beyond his years when it comes to getting around a course.
Hope he just keep practicing what brought him to where he is. Knowing ones game and playing to your strengths got him to the top.

Far from a fluke and I believe a bright future ahead of him. He has been competitive in lots of events and was one good round away twice from winning the slam.

Back