Your Regular Golf Group

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a regular group of guys/girls you play with each week or whenever you get out? Or are you more of a single or twosome that heads to the course to play alone or get paired?

If I want to play I'm usually a single. I have a few guys I call on occasion but do not have a regular group

I do all the above. I have phone numbers for a dozen guys at my club I'll text to see who's up for a morning weekend round.

I also have a buddy I play with regularly.

I also play alone, quite often. My work is pretty flexible so I'll get out to the course around 1-2pm and play solo. This is probably my favorite. I'm able to walk and play 18 in under 3 hours.

I play with JDax every weekend and we also have a regular 3rd. Usually have a 4th spot open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda
Me
Canadan
Amart
Keefa

Then sometimes a few other characters or my 9 year old if someone isnt available

nope. just me myself and i. my rounds are usually coordinated the day before or the day of.

I'm in a weekly 4 man league which gets to play together, and then I play in another weekly league with my father-in-law.

Of my usual group most of my rounds will be with 1 or 2 of those guys with the other spot(s) rotating between a few other folks.

90% of my rounds are with Puttin4bird and a couple other guys. The rest of the time is either with another buddy or a league group.

Yep...play with a guy that was on my HS golf team (I was a senior and he was a freshman do didn't know each other well) just about every weekend now. We got randomly paired up at the course I'm playing all the time and he recognized my swing...LOL.

Different THP'ers are usually in our group each weekend also so he is getting to know them.

I have a group of friends that we usually try to make a foursome from. That hasn't been working great the last two years with everyone's schedule. So about half the time now we head out as a twosome.

I play with a regular daily group that is of moderate size. Not everyone will play every day, but, we generally have around 15 to 20 guys. I often take Thursdays off to rest the aching back. There's another group that I play with on Saturdays that has some of the same guys and a bunch more that still are working and only play on Saturdays Most times, the threesomes or foursomes are determined by pulling balls, except on MGA days where the playing groups are set up by the pro shop.

I have several people or groups I get out with but also have no problem going out as a single

I play in a group every Saturday or Sunday and there's usually between 4-12 different characters from all walks of life and a playing abilities. We'll either play a skins game or a handicapped cumulative score and skins game, it's not for much money, but adds a little to the games.

I have a group that I play with, unless I am solo.

1 regular partner, and then there is a rotating group of 4-6 guys that will usually make up the rest of the group.
1 guy that plays early spring and late fall (goes home to China in the Summer).
2 guys that are in the group every Thursday (but tend not to play other days).
1 that is super unreliable (usually being too hungover from the night before to play).

In the offseason I'm a single or a two ball usually.
In season April-Oct I'm kept busy with my league rounds and my Sat morning foursome.

Sorta regular, have my league and when I can get out usually play with a group from there.

Regular group of about 20 - 30 guys. We play every week. We have 4 Majors and a Ryder Cup style event. Weekly bet is $5 greenies, $5 skins and $5 to the overall bet. We play net and our club is a recognized TGA member so we all have current handicaps as part of our membership.

If it wasn't for THP and my regular group, I don't think I would enjoy golf near as much.

JM

Had a regular group back in NY. Here in NC, I have/had two buddies who I've played with semi-regularly. Never at the same time though, lol.

Most frequent partner moved to Wilmington recently, so there goes that.

Mostly it is 3 or 4 of the same guys that I play with depending on everyone's availability. Most of my rpunds are played with T0AD.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I play in a men’s groups Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Anywhere from 8 - 32 players show and put their names in. Teams are drawn by a computer based on handicap and we play a multitude of games. Fun every week!!

I have a regular bunch of guys I play with when I play.

Generally play with OhioGolfer. His schedule let’s him get out most times I’m available. Occasionally I’ll go solo but I prefer going with someone

I am more of a singles golfer. Mostly because I play a lot of weekday golf and book a lot on golf now at midnight when the prices go down. There is also a good group of THP guys in NE Ohio that I try to get out with, isn't hard to get 3-4 guys together with a few days warning.

I honestly enjoy either, I just love golfing. There are also a few guys I play with 4 or 5 times a year just because we do the same golf now hot deals around the area.

I've been playing with the same 3 guys in Dallas for about 7 years now. We used to play on Sunday mornings but now play on Wednesday's. I usually play another round during the week with my wife.

There is 3 of us who usually play every Sunday morning. Couple THPers in this area and we try to get together at least once a month..

Back