Wedge Swing Weight and Distances

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
This past spring I changed the shaft and swing weights in my Scor wedges. They are currently at a D6 weight which is much heavier than previously. The change has helped my ball striking tremendously. I hit the center of the wedges much more frequently and consistently. This year has hands down been the best I've ever performed with my wedges. I love how I can feel the head during my swing and it's almost effortless to take nice clean divots. The only thing that I've had a tad trouble with is the fact that this change led to a big change in distances. My 60* wedge I can now hit around 100 yards and my SW I can get up to about 120 yards.

At first it was a big shock....but I've adapted and things are going well.

Has anyone else done something like this with the wedge swing weighting? What were your experiences? If you haven't...have you even thought about this type of change at all? Does a heavier swing weight scare you?

I've never thought about this change before, but you have me thinking about it now. I could use some more consistency with my wedges. Did you do anything to get the swing weight up beside changing shafts?

I couldnt tell you what the SW was on any of my clubs because it doesnt matter to me. My poor shots are more about swing and form then a few grams of weight on the end of a stick.

I couldnt tell you what the SW was on any of my clubs because it doesnt matter to me. My poor shots are more about swing and form then a few grams of weight on the end of a stick.

Same here. I know what weight I like to feel, but no clue what that is on the sw scale.

If it's too heavy it has to go lighter and light I can just easier to without changing

i don't know the swing weights of any of my clubs unless i go look them up on OEM site. After some experimenting I have put a x-stiff or heavier stiff shaft in my wedges and like the feel of them.

I can tell you a lot of things, swing weight of any of my clubs is not one of them.

I go progressively higher on my wedges with lead tape on the back, haven't had them on the scale yet, my performance has been way better since doing this

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thats what you think, but you are dead wrong. Getting the clubs right for your swing (and you do have one ...), is possibly even more important for you than for a better player ...

Back