• my golf has gotten worse in 2015

Votes: 14 19.7%

• Total voters

CBaker

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just like the title says:

Have you improved on the golf course in 2015, stayed relatively flat, or have you actually regressed this year? Use the poll to vote, and tell us a little something about why it is.

For me, I can finally say I am improving. To start the year I took a step back from what I was able to get to in 2014, got back to the same level for most of the year, but now finally in the month of August I have started to improve...just in time to hopefully not lose it in the off-season here. So overall I'd say I have improved, along with accomplishing one of my goals of breaking 80, and close to reaching my other goal of a 10 handicap.

game has regressed in some areas. Handicap has gone up. However I have enjoyed the game much more this year than years past.

Regressed and funny enough I dont really care. Last year was all about getting better for the Morgan Cup and I definitely did that. This year there just wasnt the urgency and just am going out and having fun and playing.

Hands down I have improved this year. I'm not back to where I was in high school but I'm slowly getting there.

My game has improved, but not to the point of being happy with it. Still some stuff to work out, but looking at our hcap, it's improved.

Regressed and ridiculously so.

My handicap is a solid two strokes higher than it has ever been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Improved - I can say though that is most definitely because of my new irons / wedges I was properly fit into...

HEV3fNQ.png

Regressed, I'm playing the worst golf I've played in many many years.

Overall my game has improved a good amount. Went from shooting high 50's, low 60's to this year high 40's to low 50's, for 9 Holes. My chipping and wood game has improved greatly.

Have improved in lots of areas, primarily full swing (due to lessons and effort) and mental game (realizing that it is a game and enjoy the time I get to play/practice).

Feel like my putting is better, but my short game (wedges) is inconsistent where it used to be my strong suit. Overall my handicap is tranding to 3+ strokes lower than at my highest the beginning of this week.

I have definitively improved this year. Consistently shooting in the 80's and numerous sub 45 9 hole rounds. My goal is to be a 15 handicap or better before the year is up and if I can play more its attainable for sure.

Improved by about 2 strokes on the GHIN I think.....seems to be at a point where I could shave off another stroke and be close to single by YE.

A little of both, but the range work is starting to pay off and the hdcp is on it's way back down.

Overall it's been a nice improvement over the last couple of years. I've shot a few rounds in the 70's this year, my handicap has dropped nicely, and I'm becoming a more consistent golfer which is amazing to say the least.

While I have had some unusually high score this year, my short game and putting is as good or better than it has ever been. Shot some consistently better scores than the last few years as well. Overall I would say I have improved overall thus far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say I've actually gotten worse, and that's probably what scares me the most, I'm trying to get things turned around now before the end of the golf season around here, and then hopefully with some offseason stuff will be ready to go, better than every come next golf season.

But in the end, I just haven't been putting in as much work as necessary and really need to buckle down, focus, practice and the progress will come, don't try and force it, just let it happen naturally after the practice.

Took October to Feb off and came back with a 14.9 hcp and have played a ton this year for me (37 rounds so far) and got down to 10.6 at one point but have stabilized around 11.5................if I didn't continue to at least massacre one or two holes per round I'd be an 8.

I've voted that my game has gotten worse despite the fact that my handicap is down over a stroke this year. I just don't feel like I've hit the ball well at all this year but I've found a way to get it in the hole.

I've improved a bit from recovering from my broken wrist last June, but I am still nowhere near where I was two years ago.

I've improved so far; knocked four strokes off of my GHIN index, which was my goal. Still optimistic I can knock off a few more by the time the snow flies.

Regressed and funny enough I dont really care. Last year was all about getting better for the Morgan Cup and I definitely did that. This year there just wasnt the urgency and just am going out and having fun and playing.

This is my answer as well. My issues getting off the tee are driving me a bit nuts, but the rest of my game is where it is...some good, some bad.

I've had a strange year. I feel like my swing is better than it has ever been. In fact, I know it is. However, I've somehow lost my ability to score. I'm having a terrible time breaking 90 this year, when last year, shooting in the mid-to-upper-80's was more common than not.

That said, the last couple rounds have had some bright spots, so I think I may be ready to take some steps forward again in the scoring department.

Back