The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Excellent intro, I'm sure you will make us all proud in December

Great "intro", Colin and Congrats! You've had a hell of a year!!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming and encouragement! I have also gotten several PM's as well. I am ready to represent!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy to see that you spell your (our) name the right way! :alien: congrats on getting into the Grandaddy, Colin, and I hope to join you guys!

I don't know how else you would spell it! I was a little confused at first In the coin giveaway thread this morning then out two and two together.

I have to tell y'all I am in total fine tune mode for this... I'm not treating it like a maybe, it's a certainty.

In a couple of days another lucky person will be joining #TeamRedemption!

About to take off for my first trip to California. Maybe it'll be the first of two this year??!! Fingers crossed!

Because it's Friday and the #Grandaddy is nearing....I thought I'd put up a little thing I put together a week or two ago...It's sang to the tune of "Here Comes Santa Clause" which I thought is fitting because the #Grandaddy is like Christmas and more! If I had any sort of singing voice, I would have done a video....But I don't and I also don't have the $$$$ to get hearing aids for everyone. (If someone else wants to make a video, have at it!) ha! I hope you all like it :)

Here Comes The #Grandaddy

Here comes the Grandaddy, Here comes the Grandaddy
Right down Hideaway Lane
#TeamRedemption , #ZooCrew members
Dreaming of December play

There’ll be fittings, THPers swinging
Nothing but smiles a mile wide
So give your best effort and Say a prayer
Cause the #Grandaddy is in sight

Right down Hideaway Lane
#ZooCrew’ll be talking, Finley squawking
About their winning ways

But #TeamRedemption is relentless
They’ll be ready to put up a fight
New Callaway equipment in their hands
Cause The #Grandaddy is in sight

Right down Hideaway Lane
Comfort stations, filled with goodies
No one will complain

Morgan’s purse will reach the ground
She filled it with candy, that’s right
But just remember, she’s the boss
And the #Grandaddy is in sight

Right down Hideaway Lane
Work on your golf game, Don’t disappoint James
He will lead the way

In the end, you’ll make some friends
It’ll make for a wonderful time
And don’t be a Richard, especially because
The #Grandaddy is in sight
Yes, The #Grandaddy is in sight

A bit behind on catching up with this thread, but congrats Colin on what sounds like an amazing (and soon to be even more amazing) year! Can't wait to see who the remaining team members are.

Whether I'm one of the lucky ones or not, I find that this is one of the things I think about when I'm practicing - something to strive and improve towards. It's such a ridiculous opportunity, when you think about it. I can't think of anywhere else that makes something like this possible.

Contest #2 ends tonight.... #TeamRedemption is filling up fast!

No doubt that third time's a charm for THP! :)

A bit behind on catching up with this thread, but congrats Colin on what sounds like an amazing (and soon to be even more amazing) year! Can't wait to see who the remaining team members are.

Whether I'm one of the lucky ones or not, I find that this is one of the things I think about when I'm practicing - something to strive and improve towards. It's such a ridiculous opportunity, when you think about it. I can't think of anywhere else that makes something like this possible.

It has been an incredible year! Both great but also a little lonely leaving my beautiful new wife behind for a year. I took the rest of my time off work to attend the granddaddy and she completely understood. She is amazing, but together we are unstoppable!

In reference to my last post:

In my own way I was trying to encourage those of us with higher handicaps to not let that be a hindrance to entering. Perhaps the tone was not interpreted as I meant. If there was any perception in my post of negativity I assure everyone that was as far as the intent as possible. I apologize to anyone that may have taken it other than I intended.

I almost always follow along with the live threads when I am able to. Having been fortunate to be apart of a few Invitationals, LITA and an Ultimate Testing Event I can truly say that I appreciate the events that I can't make even more when I can follow along. Following along with the Grandaddy the past couple of years just makes a hacker like me want to be a part of it even more.

I truly appreciate everything that THP and Callaway do to make this the most incredible golf experience I think anyone could ever have in their life.

Last edited:
Spent an incredibly productive day at work reading the 2014 Grandaddy preview thread today. The whole thing was awesome-from the addition of JB and TheHeez to the discussion about lessons a month before the trip...I can't imagine the months leading up to it for the winners. Even if I'm not selected to go this year, I'm looking forward to the 2015 threads!

Another contest done, and eagerly awaiting the announcement of the 4th member. I love seeing the excitement for this, and can't wait to follow along with the gauntlet in 2 weeks to see who else plays their way onto the squad and gets the team to half full.

Another contest done, and eagerly awaiting the announcement of the 4th member. I love seeing the excitement for this, and can't wait to follow along with the gauntlet in 2 weeks to see who else plays their way onto the squad and gets the team to half full.
Its crazy isn't it buddy? Before we know it, December will be here. Crazy.

Insanely eager to find out who's next to #TeamRedemption

Fast and furiously #TeamRedemption is coming together! It's real boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6:30 am on a Saturday and I'm up to go do work. Mother Nature isn't cooperating - heavy rain, t-storms and thunder all night long.

2nd winner announced today.
Another first time THP Eventer.

Good luck everybody, 3rd contest is coming soon.

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Great seeing some first time THp event goer's be astounded by the ultimate event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spoiler alert. Congrats whoever it is cause that aint me!

Woo hoo !!

It can't come too soon !

wow, that's pretty darn awesome

4 teammates.... Gauntlet MVP coming in a few weeks.... Pretty exciting end of summer! :)

The Hideaway, Callaway, #TeamRedemption, #ZooCrew..... It's coming!

Super excited for the newest members of Team Redemption! Looking forward to the next contest.

Back