Callaway SuperSoft vs Wilson Duo

jhd12

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for a fall ball and these two seem to get a lot of attention.

Which do you prefer? Would appreciate if anyone could share differences and similarities.

Thank you.

I prefer the Wilson Duo. I like the feel and overall performance better. I've actually split a couple of Superstore off the tee, but never a duo. Considering the new color options, it's an easy choice for me.

I like them both, but like the Duo Soft better. ANd it's cheaper, so that's an added bonus.

Played the Duo today in wet windy weather and it performed wonderfully. The greens were soaked so there was no rollout at all. Heck, I even plugged a few with my Heavenwood :D

I've played the Supersoft a lot this year, but I prefer the Duo. It just seems to work better for me - off the tee, around the greens, and in between. As someone else said, the Duo is cheaper and the new colors eliminated my only complaint about the Duo. I'm working down my inventory of Supersofts and e6 and will likely play the Duo going forward. Unless the QStar Tour comes out in yellow and steals my affections.

I have found all of these balls to be good. You should give them all a try and go with what works best for you.

Both solid for me and play about the same

You can't go wrong with either.
I'd add the Srixon Soft Feel and Volvik DS55 to your search too. All are $19.99 except for the Supersoft $21.99 and play similarly.

For me all played similarly. High launch. Straight flight. Softer feel.

The Duo and Supersoft do have a softer feel than the Soft Feel and DS55 especially off the putter. You can barely feel the Duo and Supersoft.

The Duo and Supersoft do have a softer feel than the Soft Feel and DS55 especially off the putter. You can barely feel the Duo and Supersoft.

This I think is the biggest difference amongst the "soft" 2 piece balls. The Duo and Supersoft feel much different than most other balls off the putter face. Dial in with those, and then some other balls don't really "feel" the same, and thus distance control is different.

I kind of feel like if one is going with the Duo or Supersoft, they really need to go "all in." Use a Supersoft, lose it, and then go to something like a Volvik DS77 and the difference on the green is night and day.

I love both of them. I think the SuperSoft is a touch softer and performance is pretty much dead on the same.

The Supersoft is fine but I prefer the Duo.

My wife gets noticeably longer distances from the Duo than the SuperSoft, FWIW.

I put the Duo and SS against each other today. I was longer and sounds better off the clubs. I was kinda giving the Duo and pfff going into this but I changed my thought. I believe the Duo is better on the green than the SS.
Gonna get more time with the Duo this week.
I wish I had some 50 Elites to put against the Duo.

I like the duo for this comparison because I've been able to find better deals on that ball than the SuperSoft.

Both are great.

I've played them both and think they are similar. I like the brighter yellow on the Callaway. The Duo is cheaper though.

Back