What Is Your Achilles Heel?

Stribs

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Title says it all.

What is holding you back from playing great golf?

a weakness in spite of overall strength, which can actually or potentially lead to downfall. While the mythological origin refers to a physical vulnerability, idiomatic references to other attributes or qualities that can lead to downfall are common.

a weakness in spite of overall strength, which can actually or potentially lead to downfall. While the mythological origin refers to a physical vulnerability, idiomatic references to other attributes or qualities that can lead to downfall are common.

same for me.

Nice. Let me rephrase this.

What is your greatest weakness that causes you to fail in this game of golf?

Nice. Let me rephrase this.

What is your greatest weakness that causes you to fail in this game of golf?

Well, you said "title says it all".

I have weaknesses but don't think that I "fail" so I'll just leave this one alone.

Well, you said "title says it all".

I have weaknesses but don't think that I "fail" so I'll just leave this one alone.

My achilles heel will be having to play you in match play.

We all fail at golf. You, sir, must be the best golfer alive!

Really though, what's holding back your golf game from making it to the next level?

Driver - if I'm keeping it in play I can break 80. If not I'm in the 90s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We all fail at golf. You, sir, must be the best golfer alive!

Really though, what's holding back your golf game from making it to the next level?

Hahaha, not the best golfer alive.....not even the best in Texas. :alien:

For the purposes of this thread I'll consider "next level" as consistently breaking 80......with that said I'll go with short game. Pitches aren't getting close enough to get to where I can be at 30 putts or less per round.

Time. I would live to spend more time on the course playing and practicing but with 2 young boys at home it's a struggle.

Hahaha, not the best golfer alive.....not even the best in Texas. :alien:

For the purposes of this thread I'll consider "next level" as consistently breaking 80......with that said I'll go with short game. Pitches aren't getting close enough to get to where I can be at 30 putts or less per round.

What are you doing to get better? For example, when at the practice facility, do you go straight to and from the car to the range? Or do you spend the needed time on/around the putting green working on these pitches?

What are you doing to get better? For example, when at the practice facility, do you go straight to and from the car to the range? Or do you spend the needed time on/around the putting green working on these pitches?

I hate practicing. So I guess I'm content shooting low 80's pretty consistently. Sure it would be great to be a 5 handicap but I'm not willing to put forth the time to make it happen.

My tee game is my achilles heel, if I could figure out a shot, club, anything really that would get me out there say 230-240 consistently I would be on a whole new level of play and confidence!

In general, it's too many strokes to get the ball into the hole.

Specifically, it's my woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putter.

Putting, putting and putting in that order.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Approach shots with long irons.

For me it is Putting and its not even close. If I am under 35 putts for a round then I am happy. My best 3 rounds this summer I was under 32 putts for all of them.

iron consistency has been my weakest part followed by short game. I don't hit enough GIR and then if my short game is slightly off what should be par turns into bogey.

My tempo. When it's off I'm a mess, but when I have it dialed in I'm as automatic as I can get with woods and irons. Something I work hard on a lot.

I really have two, Driving and 6-10' putts.

Driver - when keeping stats I normally shoot no less than bogey on a hole with a fairway hit - if it goes wild, scores can hurt....

After that would definitely be my putter - I just don't have the ability to practice it...

What is holding you back from playing great golf?
The size of the ball, the length of the clubs, and my ability to have the two consistently make contact during my swing. Other than that, I'm golden.

Short game. Irons and chipping. I'm consistent enough with my driver and mid irons. The closer I get to the green though, the worse I get. Once on the green, putting is not too terrible.

Aside from hitting the ball I've got this game figured out. Inability to maintain spine angle is probably what kills me more than anything else.

Back