dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We've seen quite a bit of change as it relates to major brands in the golf industry....everything from manufacturer exits to huge tour player signings and new equipment innovations.

All things considered, what brand excites you most and has that recently changed? Are you loyal to any brand?

For me, I'm Callaway through and through. I've seen some very cool things from Cobra this last year which temporarily stole my attention, but I've settled back into what I love most about Callaway and they've reclaimed my bag. To be honest, nostalgia plays a part in it as my first clubs were Callaway hand me downs from my father in law and I love my setup from Shaft Up, but I also Callaway's innovation, their wide spectrum of quality offerings and the fact they seem to give me just a little bit more oomph than other brands I've played.

I'm not currently brand loyal to any of the OEMs. I suppose I have a group of 4 or 5 OEMs that I've had great experiences with or that have been good to me over the years in one form or another, but not to the point that I'd buy their stuff just because of the name on it.

What brand excites me the most? I don't know. I was a huge W/S and Vrska fan but they are no longer together. I was a huge Ben Hogan Golf fan but they've basically flown the coop. I've always admired the way Callaway keeps pushing the envelope across all their product lines, but Epic just couldn't outperform my old faithful. I guess you could say I'm sitting here waiting to be excited by somebody.

Loyalty? I honestly don't know how much it affects brand excitement for me.

I think more than anything Cleveland Golf and Wilson Staff excite me. Seeing brands put out some awesome gear is the main reason.

Love Callaway as a brand for everything they do here at THP, and for the products they put out.

I am Cobra loyal since the One Length clubs came out. Cobra has really stepped it up and I really like their clubs. Having two hip replacements and getting older the one swing length fits my game. Only things that aren't Cobra is my putter and ball of course.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I think there's generally 3-4 manufacturers that have my attention. Having had the chance to meet some great folks from Callaway, there's definitely a sense of loyalty there, as they were amazing hosts and playing partners!

I have biases towards a couple of brands (Wilson Staff and Ping), and am looking forward to the upcoming W/S releases. In general, though, I will game quality equipment from any company.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TaylorMade is my first choice normally. I did some side contract work for them way back in the day for a summer.

Lately, Ive kind of gotten into Ping because of how they continue to support manufacturing in the US. In a day and age where so many companies are shifting production overseas in order to save cost, its nice to see one who is committed to production in the USA.
Kind of the same goes for Seemore. I originally got into Seemore because I believe their RST technology helps me to sink more putts but the fact that some of their putters are 100% made in the USA is pretty cool.

Lately, Ive kind of gotten into Ping because of how they continue to support manufacturing in the US. In a day and age where so many companies are shifting production overseas in order to save cost, its nice to see one who is committed to production in the USA.
Kind of the same goes for Seemore. I originally got into Seemore because I believe their RST technology helps me to sink more putts but the fact that some of their putters are 100% made in the USA is pretty cool.
I've been seriously considering a SeeMore, but my O Works #7 is being a model child right about now. Still, their alignment technology has shined in every opportunity I've had to test it.

Loyalty? I honestly don't know how much it affects brand excitement for me.

I think more than anything Cleveland Golf and Wilson Staff excite me. Seeing brands put out some awesome gear is the main reason.

Love Callaway as a brand for everything they do here at THP, and for the products they put out.
Im not one to buy it because the name is there. I'm still going to test it out. I'll always still try to find the best fit for me, but Callaway typically has something that falls in that category.

Callaway first and foremost. Anything else has to have great reviews for weeks before I'll test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless something has changed recently, Ping clubs are manufactured overseas. They are finished and assembled in the US.

In regards to putters, I really do not look at anything besides SeeMore and T.P. Mills.

In regards to the rest of the bag, whatever works best. With irons, I typically look at Mizuno first. With woods, Callaway is usually the first brand I will look at.

Titleist is where my preference lies. Along with mizuno they were a brand that made it into my bag when I started buying non knockoff clubs thru a buddy of mine that did club building on the side.

Outside of what's in my bag, the mp18 line from mizuno there really isny much from an iron, wood, hybrid perspective that excites me. I'm always watching what scotty cameron does and looking friars to the next release from vokey. TT/PX and UST are only companies outside of previous mentioned companies that would be considered exciting me as they always put out shafts that work for a w IDE range of golfers and I've have both in my bag and will be hard to get other brands in their.

Callaway and W/S are both brands I gravitate to first, mostly thanks to excellent customer service experiences I've had with them. I like to support companies who acknowledge and take care of their customers.

Gotta be Cleveland and Callaway for me. Both have incredible equipment and have displayed a desire for years to work with THP which means something to me.

I play mostly Cleveland now as I believe they are the best OEM when it comes to making great SGI gear for the "average" golfer with offerings such as the HB's, SmartSole, etc.

It's Callaway for me.

I'm not loyal to any brand, but I am a fan of brands that understand the golf landscape, understand that consumer engagement is key, & most importantly put out quality products. At the end of the day, the gear has to work.

For the longest time that was Callaway for obvious reasons, but I've mixed other brands in my bag from time to time. With the Titleist event coming up, I'm looking forward to talking with them and trying to get some insight on brand perception from their eyes & if they feel they need to shift their marketing plan one way or the other, because they have some solid offerings across the board for any level of golfer.

Titleist and Mizuno excite me at the moment. Everyone else is sort of there. I have zero issue with multiple release cycles because I buy and play what I want. But I do feel the OEMs have dulled my interest in golf gear. I’m finding my interests are more in line with shiny and sleek these days.

Callaway will always get a look for a spot in my bag. I like the gear, I like the brand, and I like the people behind it. I do have quite a mixed bag right now and I love it though. If something outside of Callaway really catches my eye and has great reviews and feedback from the forum I feel like I need give it a fair shake if I'm pondering a change in my bag. I think it's good to reward OEM's that release a great product by supporting them.

Titleist and Mizuno excite me at the moment. Everyone else is sort of there. I have zero issue with multiple release cycles because I buy and play what I want. But I do feel the OEMs have dulled my interest in golf gear. I’m finding my interests are more in line with shiny and sleek these days.
Titleist's latest iron releases are beauties!
I'd say aesthetically, the entire Titleist 718 lineup, TM P790's and Srixon's new iron lineup are some of the nicest releases this year. I'm looking forward to Callaway's Apex "CF 18" release.

Callaway will always get a look for a spot in my bag. I like the gear, I like the brand, and I like the people behind it. I do have quite a mixed bag right now and I love it though. If something outside of Callaway really catches my eye and has great reviews and feedback from the forum I feel like I need give it a fair shake if I'm pondering a change in my bag. I think it's good to reward OEM's that release a great product by supporting them.
Well said. Innovation demands my attention and when the THP reviews start singing the praises of a new release, I feel compelled to give them a shot.

For me it's Cobra. Before this year they weren't on my radar, now I think they are being really creative and pushing the envelope with their club designs. The F7 irons which are hollow 3-5, semi hollow 6-7, cavity back 8-pw and muscle bag for the GW. I think that's such a great idea and something I'm surprised we don't see from other companies. Also their drivers have some really cool tech in them recently so I'm excited to see what they crank out next.

Titleist's latest iron releases are beauties!
I'd say aesthetically, the entire Titleist 718 lineup, TM P790's and Srixon's new iron lineup are some of the nicest releases this year. I'm looking forward to Callaway's Apex "CF 18" release.

The new xforged have my attention from Callaway. But that’s about it.

Back