2015 Barclays - PGA Tour Playoffs

CBaker

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The playoffs start off this week in NJ at Plainfield CC. I'm not sure why, but I'm thinking Jimmy Walker has a great week and pulls it off after fizzing out in the middle of the year. Who do you have taking it? Any THPers going to be attending?

Couple big groups for the opening day:

8:26 AM
USA.png
Jordan Spieth

AUS.png
Jason Day
USA.png
Bubba Watson

8:15 AM
USA.png
Dustin Johnson
USA.png
Patrick Reed
NZL.png
Danny Lee

8:04 AM
USA.png
Charley Hoffman
USA.png
Rickie Fowler
USA.png
J.B. Holmes

Five of the top 125 are not playing...

Retief Goosen
Rory McIlroy
Louis Oosthuizen
Sergio Garcia
Francesco Molinari

Five of the top 125 are not playing...

Retief Goosen
Rory McIlroy
Louis Oosthuizen
Sergio Garcia
Francesco Molinari

Rory doesn't necessarily surprise me. Sucks for the event because him being there would draw some more interest, but it wouldn't be the first time someone at the top didn't play the first round. I believe tiger skipped the first round a few times too.

The others kind of surprise me though.

Rory doesn't necessarily surprise me. Sucks for the event because him being there would draw some more interest, but it wouldn't be the first time someone at the top didn't play the first round. I believe tiger skipped the first round a few times too.

The others kind of surprise me though.

Guess I could/should have added this in my previous post...

http://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsn...cilroy-sergio-garcia-skipping-barclays-12683/

Both Molinari and Goosen have family issues to attend to, with the Italian choosing to be at home with his wife, who is pregnant with the couple’s second child. Goosen didn’t disclose specifics of his family situation to the PGA Tour.

On Monday afternoon, Louis Oosthuizen withdrew from the event, citing a back injury.

Would like to see Sergio win this and maybe go on a run like Billy Ho did

If he has a few weeks of putting well he certainly could. Trouble for him is that it rarely happens for him

Interesting to me how this tournament moves around the New York City metropolitan area:

CNQ9bxpWIAAIBRX.jpg:large

I know its not for everybody, but I love playoff golf.

Not gonna lie, Spieth, Watson, Day in a feature group is almost good enough to subscribe to PGA Tour Live.... almost.

I know its not for everybody, but I love playoff golf.

I definitely do as well. Love watching guys make that end of the year push. I also enjoy the cutoff format which pushes guys to play better just to even make the next event.

Phil with the early lead after 3 straight birdies

Not gonna lie, Spieth, Watson, Day in a feature group is almost good enough to subscribe to PGA Tour Live.... almost.

Day came up lame a bit, hopefully he is okay.

Just saw the video. No bueno. I've always been a fan, but loved watching him close it out at the PGA even against Jordan. Hope he's ok.

J-day looks like he is in some pain out there. Fought a minor disc issue earlier this year and it is no picnic. I just wish I had a huge physio trailer to help me loosen up before each round like these guys do. Hopefully he sorts it out because he and Jordan could be fun to watch in the playoffs.

oddly enough he still birdied that hole. Hope he's ok though as well.

That last minute switch to Hunter is really paying off! +4 through 7...

Is todays round being streamed anywhere aside from the PGA Live app?

Is todays round being streamed anywhere aside from the PGA Live app?

Not right now. 2pm EST should be on the golf channel though.

Not right now. 2pm EST should be on the golf channel though.

Thank you sir! Stoked to see Phil up at the top. I hope he continues to play well throughout the day.

I gave in and got the PGA Live subscription. Couldn't stand not being able to watch golf.....while at work. I am so glad I live in such technological age.

~Rock

I gave in and got the PGA Live subscription. Couldn't stand not being able to watch golf.....while at work. I am so glad I live in such technological age.

~Rock

Ive resisted thus far. But I might give in since I can also watch while I work.

Yea, I wouldn't have gotten it, but its the playoffs, and it seems like such a small price to pay for now. It helps that I liked the featured groups for today. I guess if I don't like it, I can cancel it before my free week. But really, I don't see that happening.

With all that laid over turf, I can't believe Bubba even got to the dirt on that shot. He must have a steeper angle of attack than I do.

~Rock

Back