golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Hailing from Germany, WYRE golf balls haven't made it stateside yet but are garnering a little buzz. I had the chance to test them for a round of golf and was pleasantly surprised at their performance. Very K-Sig esque.

Another direct-to-consumer model to keep prices down (roughly $35 a dozen). Bulk pricing is also being offered. Hopefully these make their way to the US soon as you guys are going to love them.

Read my review here: http://golfunfiltered.com/review-wyre-golf-balls-2017-10-09

Is Foremost making the balls for Wyre?

Not that I am aware of.

You talked about these on your ask me anything podcast. Its curious to me why all of sudden everyone thinks they can make golf balls. Maybe its always been that way and I just haven't noticed before?

Why do we have all these new golf balls coming into market? Are consumers asking for alternatives to the status quo? It’s a very crowded market and it just seems a bit misguided from a business stand point.

Why do we have all these new golf balls coming into market? Are consumers asking for alternatives to the status quo? It’s a very crowded market and it just seems a bit misguided from a business stand point.

This is complete conjecture, but I'm thinking there's a surplus of discontinued golf balls in Asia that these indie companies are scooping up and reselling at low, direct-to-consumer prices. That's literally what Costco did with the first version of the K-Sigs.

This is complete conjecture, but I'm thinking there's a surplus of discontinued golf balls in Asia that these indie companies are scooping up and reselling at low, direct-to-consumer prices. That's literally what Costco did with the first version of the K-Sigs.

I guess my question would be ‘why’. Why is there a surplus of golf balls? Why were these created and not purchased?

I guess my question would be ‘why’. Why is there a surplus of golf balls? Why were these created and not purchased?

Good question. One possibility could be release cycle schedules to a small degree.

For the same reason TM is in a **** position right now, poor planning and forecasting.

For the same reason TM is in a **** position right now, poor planning and forecasting.

This is what I was thinking as well. Just seems like someone missed their target and now all these off brand companies are popping up.

This is what I was thinking as well. Just seems like someone missed their target and now all these off brand companies are popping up.

Its why were hearing rumors the new K Sig is a purpose built, more expensive lesser quality ball. The overruns are out and now its time to actual make product and thats more expensive.

Its why were hearing rumors the new K Sig is a purpose built, more expensive lesser quality ball. The overruns are out and now its time to actual make product and thats more expensive.

A new K sig is coming out? oh boy!!

Well, plus the whole Titleist lawsuit thing.

First thing I think of when I see these direct to consumer balls, MARGINS! there must huge margins and everyone wants a part of it.

Back