Team Competitions - Do we have enough?

flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
I love the Ryder Cup, one of my favorite golf events period. I love the President's Cup as well but it just seems to be lacking something in my opinion. I have often debated in my mind if it would be cool to have an event that combined these where it was US vs the world.... Imagine having to match up against a team of Rose, Day, Scott, Mcilroy etc... I think it would be a truest test of team golf.

What are your thoughts, keep everything as is or create something new with truly all the best players in the world in a team format.

I like the limited amount of team golf. Golf at its core is an individual event (although HS and college golf is very much a team sport). The US can't even win the Ryder Cup, so I don't like their odds vs the rest of the world, in addition to Europe.

I wouldn't mind seeing a two-man competition sometime during the year. Nationality doesn't matter, just have the guys team up and do a best-ball or alternate shot tourney.

What was the event the women had? Where it was team competitions from around the world and Spain won?

I think the Presidents cup could be very interesting this year, here is how the squads shape up now:

Day Spieth
Scott Watson
Oosthuizen Walker
Matsuyama Z. Johnson
Grace Furyk
Leishman D. Johnson
Lahiri Reed
Schwartzel Fowler
Jaidee Kuchar
D. Lee Kirk

The US team might be deeper, but the Aussies and South Africans are looking really good this year....

I think the events now that are team events are good and don't really have a want to see more.

I wouldn't mind seeing a two-man competition sometime during the year. Nationality doesn't matter, just have the guys team up and do a best-ball or alternate shot tourney.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this as well, even if it was more of a silly season event.

We have enough.

I like the team events, but I don't know that it's really necessary to add any more of them. I would watch one if they did, but I like what there is now as is.

Back