Is there one company you just refuse to buy from? And why?

Barberakb

USAF / Go Cowboys!
Reaction score
Handicap
I will pretty much give everyone a chance and I'm not brand loyal at all. But I know some are.

Is there one company you just refuse to buy from? And why?

I wouldn't buy any of the Adams golf stuff, Dunno why, just never liked it.

Always been a Titleist/Taylormade fan.

Nope, I give everyone a fair shake. I just tend to look at some before others.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have gamed all the major brands at one time or other. Everyone has a fair opportunity for my bag. I am much like Ernie Els I guess that way .

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Clubs wise Nike. I don't know what it is but I just can't stand their clubs. I'm not a Rory fan so maybe that's why. In saying that I think they have some of the better clothing ranges on the market

Taylormade. Never hit their drivers well, I don't appreciate the release cycles, and a few more reason which are probably nonsensical.

I would game anything if it fit my game and purse

Im definitely not looking at buying any Warrior clubs in a hurry.

Nike....Had a bad experience with a rented set of slingshot irons. Talk about dead.

For some reason Nike.. Even their golf balls. Just reminds me of mass produced product with little care for the quality. I'm sure a lot if not all companies are about mass production. ��. But Nike always had this image for me

Nike. I really like Rory, but the clubs have no appeal to me.

When Tiger first became pro every kid had a new set of Nike clubs.

I know of a few sets that have never been played on a course.

They bought them , went to the range, golf was too hard, put them in the closet.

Jack

For some reason Nike.. Even their golf balls. Just reminds me of mass produced product with little care for the quality. I'm sure a lot if not all companies are about mass production. ��. But Nike always had this image for me

It's an interesting point. Most golf brands are owned by equally large companies but the perception certainly changes when they go to market under a gold specific brand.

Taylor Made. Not sure why. Look like they should be sold at Walmart.....

Nike has zero appeal for me. Any other OEM is pretty much open to a spot in the bag.

Ping, just one of those brands I walk right by with no desire to stop and look at or try.

No, there are some I gravitate to more than others but none that I simply refuse to buy from.

Warrior golf. Their free clubs are a direct marketing scam.

Warrior golf. Their free clubs are a direct marketing scam.

This was going to be my answer as well. I would play anything else from any manufacturer if it was the best fit for my game.

I give everyone a fair share.

I really don't have one, I guess. TaylorMade right now would be the closest as far as clubs go because they seem to be of a very low quality. I buy TM balls, and Adidas Boost are the best shoes I own, but I just can't do TM clubs, which stinks because I have access to them for "cost"...

Whether it holds true today or not, I won't buy titleist clubs off the rack. Have a hard time even custom ordering from big box store. I had bought a set if 714 mb irons. I went to reshaft them and found the head weights to be all over the place. When installing 125g nippon shafts, pw swing weighted at c7, 8 iron d0, and 5 iron c8. The left and lie were every where too. While that could have been due to buying them second hand, I doubt it since straight from factory they often have big tolerance levels for loft and lie (according to my buddy working at golfsmith who has measured several sets)

Nike

This goes back to my youth (class of 83') when Nike shoes were all the rage and were horribly over priced just because a basketball star endorsed them. I remember people getting mugged and even killed for their Nike Tennis Shoes.

Nike was actually the first company that made me really look at companies.

I have NEVER paid money for a Nike product. And I never will.

No I don't have any. I've always had great CS with those I've dealt with and have never really run into quality issue that would make me stay away. I do have preferences and am more inclined to buy from some over others, but no one has the red flag.

Ping...

Back