Non THP Golf Buddies

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, most of us were playing golf already when we found THP. And granted since joining THP our golf groups have no doubt either changed or expanded.

For me, I honestly haven't played a round of golf with a non THP member in over two years. I've spoken to a few of my old group and mentioned the site to a few of them. Several have come on board,Alez367, UVAWahoo and MDGolfHacker, and that's great.

So the question is, do you still play golf regularly with your non THP buddies, and assuming you have tried to get them to join the site, why have they resisted?

I have several friends that I golf with regularly that are non THPers unfortunately. I convinced one to sign up but he's not all that active and the others haven't jumped in for whatever reason. A couple aren't that interested in equipment while a few others don't do a whole lot online outside of work. One of these days they'll figure it out.

I play mostly with non-THP members as most members live a good ways from me. Im gonna try to get together for a few rounds at some point though.

I try to play with my non-forum buddies, but there's always so much going on with my THP friends. And honestly, it somehow ends up being more fun. I used to play with a guy every single Thursday after work for probably three years. Now I'm lucky to see him once a month out there.

I only have internet friends.

I'm only playing with non-THP'ers when paired with them for tournaments.

I play with a good mix of each, but somehow it is always extra special to play with my THP friends.

Yeah, I have a solid group, but it's funny how much we actually talk about THP on the course. You can tell they're interested, but I think they're a little scared to drink the kool-aid.

I'm probably the most passionate about golf out of my non THP buddies. Golfing with them is just as fun as as with thpers, but they don't live golf like I do. With them it's gambling and catching up on life bc we've all been friends since high school and college. I've thrown out THP to them with the cool stuff we do around here, so maybe they'll jump on, but I'm ok if they don't.

I have a few friends who I golf with regularly and have known since we were kids. All 3 of them are rarely online, a few due to work schedules, and one because he cannot stand social media and the like. He logs on to check his email and that's about it.

One I've talked to about THP extensively but has never shown any inclination to sign up. Oh well, his loss.

I still play with them. They all have busy lives so I don't push them to THP!

I still golf regularly with a group of people I have known for the better part of the last 21 years. That group has been playing golf together for a long time as we all used to work together and golfed together in work tournaments and every sat.

I have played more rounds with THPers this year than with them

I play golf every week with non THPers in my league. I have mentioned THP several times but many of them just arent interested. Their loss.

I play 99% of my rounds with non-THP members. Not a ton of THP members in the KC area.

Most of the time I'm either alone as a single or with THPers. But that's mainly because I moved away from my home town and don't know too may people who golf around here. Only time I'm not doing one of those is when I'm with either mine or my GF's family, or I go back home and golf with my hometown friends.

Only played one round with a thp member (by chance) .. All my other rounds were men's club groups / co workers / or just joining up with strangers. I really see no one from northwest Indiana on this site...or any golf forum for that matter. Internet golf and Internet learning aren't big around my area. Heck, even golf is really declining as the economy has never really came back fully from the 2008 crash. Before that i played with all the local gambling golfers. And bet on everything from the putting green to the last putt. As a family man , that stopped .. But miss it :(

I see there is members in the Chicagoland area, but with a young son. And another on the way (spoiler alert) ... Dad again . I just can't travel more than an hour at the most. I showed my co workers online forum golf , but they never really took in interest in signing up. My co workers used my account to respond to some of these forums to try it out a few times. Besides their brief stints, no one took the plunge.

Im one of the few northwest Indiana online golfers unfortunately

I play golf with non THPers all the time. My wife included!

I probably play 75% of my rounds with non-THPeople. I have a handful of friends who play golf, but only 1 or 2 of them are passionate about the game.

I play a majority of my rounds with non THPer's who aren't nearly as into golf as I am. I'm the golf guy of the group but I still have a group of 12 or so guys that will golf with me given they don't have anything else going on. Not too many of them would spend a ton of time on a golf forum, they all were thinking about giving it a chance after I got into #THPLegacy though.

99.9% of my rounds are with non-THP'ers. I am the most passionate about golf out of all of my golfing buddies. I've tried to get them to join, but they aren't big message board type of guys.

I'm in a league on Tuesday night with 39 non-THPers; and a league on Thursday night with 19 non-THpers. Out of all of them, I've gotten 1 to sign up....who created a profile and has never logged back in. I'd say 99% of them don't care about equipment, aren't very technical savy, or are just plain too busy with kids, wives, and/or work.

90% of my rounds are with THPers. But being a THP family it makes it pretty easy haha

I play mainly with non-THP'ers ... not everyone likes online/forum type interactions. Some only show up to play golf and don't think about it at all until the next round. Some have other things to do with their lives.

I have been on forums for years; in fact, I am moderator on a gaming site, so I sort of know the flow ... I am willing to hang in there until people "get to know you" a bit and you can have some what of interaction ... sometimes that takes a lot of posts on a site as large as this one.

My normal group just does not seek this type of social interaction, and would have no interest. Good news I have met and golfed with 4 guys from here already!

Yeah, I have a solid group, but it's funny how much we actually talk about THP on the course. You can tell they're interested, but I think they're a little scared to drink the kool-aid.

One of my friends at work calls THP "the cult" (totally in jest), but almost all of my golf buddies at work have kids and don't play nearly as much as we used to. I haven't mentioned it to my usual weekend group..it just hasn't really come up.

Back