Brand Identity and Purchases

flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
This time of year with so many companies coming out with new stuff I was curious..... Are there any brands that you automatically just say take my money or do you give thought to each purchase and buy the piece of equipment that best suits your game regardless of brand?

Callaway. Take my money. Participating in #TheKing has pretty much sold me on them for the long haul.

There are no brands that I will blindly buy - I will always try things and buy what works best (just look at my sig haha). There are some brands I look to first though: Callaway, Bridgestone, and Wilson Staff, because of the THP connections. And now Project X is approaching "take my money" territory after this weekend!

Callaway does it for me. Problem is I have no money for them to take.

I only play Callaway, so I'm pretty short sighted in the OEM department.

I always make sure whatever I buy is an improvement over what I already have. If it's not, or if the improvement isn't noticeable, then I don't purchase. I don't care what brand I'm looking at, if I like the looks and it performs better than what I have, I'll buy it and play it.

I will say take my money to quite a few brands, but they never come to take it so I end up trying a few different things and making a choice based on how the clubs work for me and price. Now I can say that when the new Mizuno JPX EZ are released it will be very hard to not buy them, assuming they release a new version.

Not quite, but when it comes to drivers, Cobra warms my heart. It still has to work for me, but only Cobra drivers get the benefit of the doubt. With irons, it's Callaway for me. My best round ever (2 over 74) was shot with Callaway Diablo Edge irons and a Cobra HS9 driver. Sadly, it's been horribly down hill since then.

I will say take my money to quite a few brands, but they never come to take it so I end up trying a few different things and making a choice based on how the clubs work for me and price. Now I can say that when the new Mizuno JPX EZ are released it will be very hard to not buy them, assuming they release a new version.

Saw a pic of the new JPX-EZ's just today. They at least look better than the orange-badged EZ's. Despite my bias toward Cally, I'd love to hit a few with them when they're available.

I give Callaway a nod based on my participation in The King, but I will not blindly purchase equipment. I play what works for my game and if it supports a great company its a win-win.

I have said this on here before. For me it is Titleist. I would blindly buy anything they make because it always performs for me. From wedges to driver for me it performs. Is it always the best NO but it has always been in my top 3 performance wise.

No one company. But any company thst partners with and supports THP will get a first look from me. My current bag is probably a reflection of that. But there are still a few companies that are great supporters I need to find a spot for.

I don't buy blindly. I seriously ponder certain OEM's, but I need to try first hand before thinking of purchasing. And usually it still takes me some time before I pull the trigger.

Always look at things with an open mind. Take into consideration of the awesome THP reviews and feedback of the members here. So many options that they each deserve a chance to see what performs the best

I think if it had to be one club from one brand it would be cobra drivers. I just seem to have better luck with them than I have with others. Im pretty open on everything else. I really want to go get fitted though just to see the differences in all the options.

I definitely look at everything that comes out, regardless of who makes it. I will give a lean to companies whose products have worked for me in the past, or now, for companies who supported an event like #THPLegacy.

whatever works, there's no brand in my bag that I have more than two clubs of (other than irons obviously)

This time of year with so many companies coming out with new stuff I was curious..... Are there any brands that you automatically just say take my money or do you give thought to each purchase and buy the piece of equipment that best suits your game regardless of brand?
The latter

Back