Callaway Apex MB Irons

Talk about one of the most forgiving blades I have ever hit. Callaway nailed it with these. Small enough footprint at address but something in the design just makes this such a hittable club for being "a blade"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love hearing that...I want em!

I love hearing that...I want em!

You'll love em. Choose the right shaft for your swing and you'll love everything about them except the chrome shininess

Talk about one of the most forgiving blades I have ever hit. Callaway nailed it with these. Small enough footprint at address but something in the design just makes this such a hittable club for being "a blade"

Could it be the excitement about hitting such a gorgeous club for the first time? I mean nothing about them screams innovative blade to me. They look like a gorgeous "classic" blade to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've hit many blades over the years including recent releases. There really isn't much you can do from design perspective with blades. Can you elaborate on what makes these more forgiving than any other blade out there? IMO a blade is a blade and it's going to require a good swing to make good contact

'smallest blade length' sounds scary.

I wonder how compact they are. From the pics, they almost always looked like an oversized blade.

I love the minimal graphics and clean lines of the MB's WOW...I need to hit these.
:act-up:

I feel the same way.

They're probably not going to be a set I choose for a certain competition coming up, but I think I'll be buying a set next year for fun rounds.

Hahaha you'll probably hit them before I will. I can't wait to hear your thoughts

Could it be the excitement about hitting such a gorgeous club for the first time? I mean nothing about them screams innovative blade to me. They look like a gorgeous "classic" blade to me.

I've hit many blades over the years including recent releases. There really isn't much you can do from design perspective with blades. Can you elaborate on what makes these more forgiving than any other blade out there? IMO a blade is a blade and it's going to require a good swing to make good contact

Isn't that the best part about club design? Taking a classic look and making it better by adding a little forgiveness to it without sacrificing what drew you to the club in the first place. Honestly I don't know much about the internal design to say what about it made it more forgiving but I will say that these have a little bit more "club" behind the ball at impact as compared to a 718mb or miz blade. Maybe it's the CG placement as compared to those other irons listed but I've never had such good results from swinging a blade as I did with these.

Isn't that the best part about club design? Taking a classic look and making it better by adding a little forgiveness to it without sacrificing what drew you to the club in the first place. Honestly I don't know much about the internal design to say what about it made it more forgiving but I will say that these have a little bit more "club" behind the ball at impact as compared to a 718mb or miz blade. Maybe it's the CG placement as compared to those other irons listed but I've never had such good results from swinging a blade as I did with these.
That's awesome if they found a way to hide some of the mass to make them more forgiving. Just from a looks stand point they're incredible. Adding a little forgiveness into that package woukd be a giant step in the right direction for blades going forward.

'smallest blade length' sounds scary.

I wonder how compact they are. From the pics, they almost always looked like an oversized blade.

Sounds familiar to me, good ball strikers will see no issue, those who wander shall not ponder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like seeing Callaway get back to a more defined players iron. Seeing a blade in their lineup seems to complete their offerings. I know in the past they’ve had “players” irons. But for me seeing a blade makes a different statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They sure look good. I’ll find an opportunity to hit them.

Look so good. I have no business playing these but I want them.

I would love to hit that CB X forged, as i love the look of these irons... the MBs are sexy as hell. Other than that I'll admit i'm a little bummed as I thought the release of Apex's would be a next gen of the cf16's... but perhaps that line is absorbed into epic and future offerings.

these are really beautiful but i'm torn between these and the new xforged. mixed bag perhaps?

They look good but forgiveness? Nah. X-forged is where you look if you want a smidge of forgiveness at best.

I would love to hit that CB X forged, as i love the look of these irons... the MBs are sexy as hell. Other than that I'll admit i'm a little bummed as I thought the release of Apex's would be a next gen of the cf16's... but perhaps that line is absorbed into epic and future offerings.

Aren't the new "cf" line supposed to come out around PGA show time?

The MBs are definitely some sweet looking clubs.

Just got back from lunch, stopped in the store to pickup some rain gloves and much to my surprise these beauties were there.

The look/feel is fantastic and they aren't as intimidating as one might think. Second and third pics show the MB on the left and the X Forged on the right. Wish i would have taken a pic of the soles but I didn't for some reason. Personally I liked the feel of the MB a little better but could confidently put either in the bag...with a different shaft. They did have the project X 6.0 in them, I thought the shaft felt awful and clearly is not for me as the 7 iron was producing spin in the low 5k range.

18a682fcc19f47336ef8150c349682b7.jpg
cff65cf820eaa73ee9e9f7aa8e84b97a.jpg
35760e6a832bf33506e4e3b49dc92e9b.jpg
6b7f8e17ae42a9cfd74b30b43255a2ad.jpg

Just got back from lunch, stopped in the store to pickup some rain gloves and much to my surprise these beauties were there.

The look/feel is fantastic and they aren't as intimidating as one might think. Second and third pics show the MB on the left and the X Forged on the right. Wish i would have taken a pic of the soles but I didn't for some reason. Personally I liked the feel of the MB a little better but could confidently put either in the bag...with a different shaft. They did have the project X 6.0 in them, I thought the shaft felt awful and clearly is not for me as the 7 iron was producing spin in the low 5k range.

So um yeah- I'll be getting these

you guys aren't helping... :alien:

Where are y'all trying them out at?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Like I said earlier, something about the design of these that makes them so great at address yet slightly forgiving on mishits. Obviously not as forgiving as apex CF or pros but forgiving enough.

Looks like sort of a channel-back design in the lower half of the club. Similar to what was seen in the Hogan Ft. Worth 15’s and Mizuno MP-5’s.

Absolutely amazIng looking. Love the look of these

Back