russtopher

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Band
Here's the opposite of the "what club can't you part with" thread - what club could you pull from your bag and have the least impact on your game? You can't replace it, so you pull it and go with 13 clubs.

For me, it's my set PW. I pull it maybe 2x per 18 holes. If I pulled it, I think I'd be able to get by with choked down 9i shots, or longer 54* shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 iron. May actually save me a stroke or two because I very seldom hit it well but am too stubborn to take it out and just choke down on my 4 hybrid.

Remove one club

60* wedge. I can lay the 56 wide open and hit the same shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 wood for me.

4hybrid

I have an overlap anyways in the bag, with 4h and 4i.
Played friday without a hybrid, 6 iron, or 8 iron in the bag, and I honestly could have pulled out the DW as well!

Probably 4I for me, I hit it occasionally but for that distance I can probably use the 3H or 5I

I thought it was a gap wedge, until the last 8 rounds....Now, probably my 4w. Heavenwood instead.

3w

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably the 7W. I don't think I do too much different with the 4W.

Hybrid. I hardly ever use it.

Driver for me. 2deep and the 2u are all I really need.

4 iron would probably hurt me the least

Strong lofted 4 iron, no real need to be in the bag.

5 iron. It's my longest iron and therefore the one I have the least confidemce in, even in a set as forgiving as the D200.

6 iron. I do not hit it very often, and certainly not very well.
The only problem is that I would need a new desert club, as I use it for long shots out of the desert.

3 hybrid, some days I hit it well but even those days I really only hit it 2 or 3 times. Most rounds it never leaves my back because I have no confident in it

Three wood. Except today, hahaha.

5 iron for me. I use my 4 iron for punch shots and off the tee on tight holes. 5 iron is the least used club in my bag due to very rarely needing a 190 yard iron shot.

Driver. The mini will do just fine

60 degree. I have thought about replacing it but with what? Until I do, I like the look of having all three Vokey's together in my bag lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4i, I only use it for punch shots

I could survive without my 4i

SW. It is my 100-110 yard club, but inside of 100, I use my LW. I would be perfectly fine hitting a soft GW to cover the distance. I only use my LW out of the bunker, so no need for the SW on that shot.

Probably my 3 wood. I can be a little short with my 3h and just get up and down instead.

Back