Aeroburner
R15 430
Aeroburner TP......

Others....
R1
R11s
Rocketballz
R11

It was implied that they only released 2 drivers a year. That may in fact be true but the numerous other sub releases, color variations, tour models, cc variations etc are not launched at the same time as the main release. Ever. Thus, a very big family with many options which can be both good and bad. Depends on your flavor of the year...or maybe 1/2yr....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think a mini counts as a driver.. It's a fairway wood IMO. Either way, releases are good

I don't think a mini counts as a driver.. It's a fairway wood IMO. Either way, releases are good
I've never understood the anger that people have when it comes to releases. Give me more! I want all the possible options that I can get!

Not to sound mean here, but am I missing something?

Does it really matter?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've never understood the anger that people have when it comes to releases. Give me more! I want all the possible options that I can get!

Real question. Why? I also think options are good but there's a real reason why some tour pros are playing old irons, fairways, hybrids etc. what need so many options?

Real question. Why? I also think options are good but there's a real reason why some tour pros are playing old irons, fairways, hybrids etc. what need so many options?
Because all golfers are different and can benefit from different technology.

The same reason I stock so many different models of bikes.

Every one requires something different, so more drivers with different properties are a good thing.

Why not? Makes older clubs cheaper, and gives people way more options when getting fit. I cannot see a single reason why they aren't good?

People say that their clubs aren't worth as much, but golf clubs are not investments. If you have the $ to upgrade yearly then great, if not, get last years at a significant discount.

Not to sound mean here, but am I missing something?

Does it really matter?

Just not wanting to talk about it in the other thread. It does kinda matter....I think the market is flooded with too much for golfers of all levels to buy, screw around with, get rid of, go back to etc. I love options for putters....lol. Not all products though. That's me. It confuses the buyer in my opinion and diminishes the value of your investment

I don't see it as a bad thing, that you can get drivers at seriously marked down prices so soon after their launch.

Releases are good but not at a rate that your new purchase is absolete in 3 months...listen to Harry Arnet talk about this in the latest radio chat..

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/t...-volume-5-talking-callaway-with-harry-arnett/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

If you buy a new driver, and it is working fantastic for you, and a new driver comes out... is your driver really obsolete?

If yes is the answer, my 4 year old Cleveland Black disagrees with you.

Just not wanting to talk about it in the other thread. It does kinda matter....I think the market is flooded with too much for golfers of all levels to buy, screw around with, get rid of, go back to etc. I love options for putters....lol. Not all products though. That's me. It confuses the buyer in my opinion and diminishes the value of your investment

Golf clubs aren't investments.. They are tools to play a game with.

Pros are not us. They hit the middle of the face more often. For a pro, quite often, for someone like DJ, who is TM and plays(ed) an older iron, it's based on looks and a flight he likes to see.

The only person it hurts is the retailers.

Because all golfers are different and can benefit from different technology.

The same reason I stock so many different models of bikes.

Every one requires something different, so more drivers with different properties are a good thing.

Gotcha

It's kind of like buying a computer. TE minute you buy it....you need a new one. That is if you listen to the BS

It's kind of like buying a computer. TE minute you buy it....you need a new one. That is if you listen to the BS

I don't think club companies say that... Try out the new stuff, if you can afford it, and it's better than what you have, buy it.. If not, don't. Seems simple to me

Why do you care? It has not effect on you at all. It has no effect on anyone. Play what you want, but want you as many times as you want.

Pros are not us. They hit the middle of the face more often. For a pro, quite often, for someone like DJ, who is TM and plays(ed) an older iron, it's based on looks and a flight he likes to see.

So I'd argue that pros need it more and we need it less

Disagree. See Scotty, bettinardi, Vokey etc

A vokey wedge is an investment? How so? If I buy an SM6 tomorrow you think I can sell it for a profit a year from now? Maybe with limited edition Scottys or Bettinardis but their OTR putters depreciate as well. That isn't an investment

Golf clubs aren't investments.. They are tools to play a game with.
They are an expense not an investment. Just saying companies don't need to release new clubs constantly. And they wonder why people are not picking up tbe game. It is too damn expensive unless you are single or rich...

Disagree. See Scotty, bettinardi, Vokey etc
I know a guy who put a lot of money in to Betti's.....

He will be the first to tell you it's not a wise investment.

Why do you care? It has not effect on you at all. It has no effect on anyone. Play what you want, but want you as many times as you want.

I care because it muddles the water. Avg golfers don't need that many options. It's a very creative marketing plan by manufacturers who think they need to flood the market with a ton of product and then say this is better than that....

They are an expense not an investment. Just saying companies don't need to release new clubs constantly. And they wonder why people are not picking up tbe game. It is too damn expensive unless you are single or rich...

I don't buy that argument either... You can get a set of clubs cheap because prices drop pretty quickly. I can put together a darn good set of used clubs a couple models old for sub 500 bucks without issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back