I actually considered that watch heavily before ending up with my Orient Star - really nice choice IMO. I LOVE the blued hands, and 41mm is a great all round size too - not too big, but not old school small either. Seiko makes great affordable mechanicals.
I am pretty sold on it and I think it will look great with a leather band also. Its that one or the cocktail time one, which is about 100 more. But your right the blue hands have me completely sold on it.

I am pretty sold on it and I think it will look great with a leather band also. Its that one or the cocktail time one, which is about 100 more. But your right the blue hands have me completely sold on it.

It definitely would look awesome on especially a light brown leather. Or even a light brown croc if you really want to dress it up.

As for the Cocktail Time...I must have one. I have ogled that watch far too long for me to not own it haha

That is a PERFECT first step imho. Absolutely timeless look (no pun intended). I think every collection should have a Seiko auto or Grand Seiko in it.

Wonder if the wife will notice if I order one of these...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

il_570xN.764673734_rp6t.jpg

I think this would be an awesome second band to have for it with the blue hands.

That is a PERFECT first step imho. Absolutely timeless look (no pun intended). I think every collection should have a Seiko auto or Grand Seiko in it.

Wonder if the wife will notice if I order one of these...

I am more than sold on it. I am moving money around to make it happen. Christmas money will be used to buy that watch.

36759d10-abc5-4782-9c29-73a8ee39dc74_zpsul8b6y1n.jpg

I've had this Tag Formula 1 Chrono for about 5-6 years, it's an every day kind of watch and I love it. Still looks great after all the desk diving.

Oh man, can't believe I have been missing this thread!!! I am not going to lie, definitely a noobie to the watch world, but I have been doing my best to educate myself on what is out there. Once I get back home, I will share my timepieces with you all as you have done for me. One piece that will be missing is a Rolex that my dad just passed down to me that was passed down to him from his dad (my grandpa). Got it sent back to Rolex through Tourneau for some service and repair, so we will see what the damage is... :dont-know:

I am more than sold on it. I am moving money around to make it happen. Christmas money will be used to buy that watch.

Awesome Mike!! Be sure to drop a few pics in here once you pick it up :D

I had this gem on my wrist for about 10 minutes yesterday. Patek ref 5159G. Don't think I can swing $94k and the wife not notice... No pictures were allowed...

3206859gross.jpg

The Tissot today.

40630f3b-c6d8-48da-a789-2ec6533da332_zpshj24tb0o.jpg

I had this gem on my wrist for about 10 minutes yesterday. Patek ref 5159G. Don't think I can swing $94k and the wife not notice... No pictures were allowed...

3206859gross.jpg

As much as I love watches for $94k I'd probably sneak a loaded Ghibli into the garage instead.

dd2f07a9bb4e9059de6d30a591144528.jpg

Early Christmas present. Really like it a lot and the first of the collection. I think its off to a pretty good start.

Looking good GD.

This thread has really opened my eyes to the world of watches and I cant for this christmas as I should have a couple to start my collection and maybe a box to show them off with.

Here is my other Tissot, a V8. Great brand.

V82_zpsubyjdpjd.jpg

That is a great looking watch Chase. Has that Speedmaster feel to it for sure.

So this is nowhere near the level of these other beautiful watches but it's one that I really like. In my spare time I do some woodworking and my wife bought this Walnut watch for my birthday last year.

15%2B-%2B1

Watches

7701c3a632b58325851824fea01ae4d8.jpg

Sporting the Chronoscope today.

Edit: Damn it... my date is wrong and it took me looking at the picture to notice!

Last edited:
Impulse ordered a new Movado today, my first Bold. I'll post some in hand photos when it comes in.

842186d32e1211fe4c0088cc03af0435.jpg

Back