TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

I just left Dick's and hit the M2 with the Fuji Pro 60S... Um. Yeah. I averaged 11 yards more in CARRY than my current set-up and also vs the G with my shaft in it! 248 v 259. Yeahhhhh. I think I'll be ordering one of these!
aa6447d49e479d3af479450c342703bd.jpg

There were about 5-6 shots in-a-row where I was between 254 and 271 carry. The longest single carry with mine was 253!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just played an absolute perfect round with driver. Used the M2 11 times and no joke hit 11 balls with the exact shape to the exact landing areas I was aiming for.

I'm in love with this M2 Hzrdus combo.

Nice job Army! Can't wait to get mine...being built as we speak.

I just played an absolute perfect round with driver. Used the M2 11 times and no joke hit 11 balls with the exact shape to the exact landing areas I was aiming for.

Seriously no joke. It was uncanny. This dude is making tee shots look stupid with this club right now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I just left Dick's and hit the M2 with the Fuji Pro 60S... Um. Yeah. I averaged 11 yards more in CARRY than my current set-up and also vs the G with my shaft in it! 248 v 259. Yeahhhhh. I think I'll be ordering one of these!
aa6447d49e479d3af479450c342703bd.jpg

There were about 5-6 shots in-a-row where I was between 254 and 271 carry. The longest single carry with mine was 253!

Does Dick's just use 1.45 as the preset smash factor and use that to calculate swing speed off the ball speed?

Had a testing double header with mine today with mine and put it through the ringer on the range, then played another 9. This time I strictly concentrated on comparing it with my beloved Callaway 815, which I know was very popular on the forum, so people could have something they were familiar with to relate it to!

So so to start off, I hit a large bucket at the range, focusing mostly just on the two drivers...(talk about a workout!)

i still ill think that the M2 wins out overall on sound. I like how it is less muted (to me) than the 815. I am also really getting used to and starting to really prefer the look of the white and carbon fiber crown of the M2. This thing just looks badass.

Performance wise ire I was having a good day with both drivers. My driver swing was really tuned in and I was very consistent, so I felt like it was a good day to do some work.

Both th on the range and course, I was hitting medium high baby draws with the M2. The launch was a tad, but still noticeable higher than my 815. I was getting very consistent distance with both, and tried to create both toe and heel misses with both drivers (but not too many as I didn't want to ruin my swing!) the distance I was getting off toe wasn't as long as when I created that miss with the 815. Also the ball wasn't flighted as high as the 815, as it would be more of a lower shot. I hit a few off the heel, but they were obvious misses and produced bad shots, as you would suspect, with both drivers.

On on to the course, I played 9 with both drivers, teeing up balls with both on most driving holes. I played a course I was familiar with so know my general landing areas. I was pretty tired after range but still had a good round driving wise. I really tried to go after it on the course with the M2. I hit some really deep shots on a few holes, that flew past where I was with the 815. Ball flight continued to be on the mid/ high level and I am really starting to like and prefer the results I am getting. I sometimes get a tad lower but penetrating flight with my 815, so I am excited to see a higher ball flight with driver.

Overall, a good days work in the books and I am continuing to really like the results and performance I a, getting with the M2.

Looking forward to to playing more with it!

TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

Does Dick's just use 1.45 as the preset smash factor and use that to calculate swing speed off the ball speed?
The smash is preset because they, just like Edwin Watts and many others, don't have the "camera" that goes with the GC2 to be able to do club path, smash, etc. At most demo days I've attended, the same thing goes if they use GC2.

Going through data, I'll add to that last part.

Comparing the same two drivers with a high miss and the M2 excels, to the point that its borderline shocking to me. I'm talking a massively increased ability to keep the line of dispersion (20% or roughly around that without fully breaking down the math/averages) while keeping significantly higher ball speeds at lower spin and similar launch. Meaning a more playable, and longer, miss.

This is similar to what I noticed when I was hitting the M2 today. Dispersion and distance consistency seemed like two of its strong points.

Just did a performance driver fitting and got fit into the M2. Tested the Titleist 915, Cobra F6, Ping G, XR 16, Bjg Bertha and the M2. At the end it was between the XR and M2 as the numbers were very similar. Really tried to talk myself into the XR, but the M2 was a little longer and the misses were much better. My specs:
Make: Taylormade
Model: M2
Shaft: Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Flex: Stiff
Loft: 10.5*
Setting: 1 click toward lower
Length: Standard
Grip: Standard

Should have it in 7-10 business days, can't wait to take it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

I have never had this kind of confidence on a tee box. The knowledge that the ball will fly the way I want it to and the ability to not even consider the hazards as an option. My only swing thought right now is "let 'er RIP!!!" and its a good mindset for me.

The flight continues to be mid/high and I'm hitting nice fades on repeat. I'm predominantly finding the center of the face with misses being close enough that they are negligible. Putting the 10g weight in has brought this driver from "great" to "fan freaking tastic" for me.

Just did a performance driver fitting and got fit into the M2. Tested the Titleist 915, Cobra F6, Ping G, XR 16, Bjg Bertha and the M2. At the end it was between the XR and M2 as the numbers were very similar. Really tried to talk myself into the XR, but the M2 was a little longer and the misses were much better. My specs:
Make: Taylormade
Model: M2
Shaft: Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Flex: Stiff
Loft: 10.5*
Setting: 1 click toward lower
Length: Standard
Grip: Standard

Should have it in 7-10 business days, can't wait to take it out.

Perfect timing. :D

I'm thinking I will order it at 45" as that's what I've been going with since the Grandaddy. I hit one with the Fuji Speeder Evolution Tour Spec 757 at the demo day, but a Fuji Pro 60 today... Not sure which shaft I'm going to go with. It's kind of hard to pass up the Hzrdus Black that they have as a choice. I wish I knew my numbers from the Speeder.

Just curious, how did u end up picking the Hzrdus? I'm in a quandary about which shaft to go with.

Just curious, how did u end up picking the Hzrdus? I'm in a quandary about which shaft to go with.

I'd recommend getting fit at your local golf shop. Me personally, I wouldn't know what shaft to pick other than flex. There are other attributes that they'll watch on the trackman to assure you have the right shaft for your swing.

Tried it before I bought. Amazingly good numbers combined with a one-way miss, tight dispersion, and a fantastic feel sold me on it. FWIW I had very close numbers with the Rogue Silver 110 but I hated the feel of the Silver.

I'd recommend getting fit at your local golf shop. Me personally, I wouldn't know what shaft to pick other than flex. There are other attributes that they'll watch on the trackman to assure you have the right shaft for your swing.
I went through a fitting at a demo day. I just didn't get to try the Hzrdus black. It's a low spin, low launch shaft so I'm mainly curious if there was an aspect about it that separated it from the other low launch, low spin options. Also, living in a rural area, there aren't places within 5-6 hours that have "fitting" equipment. Demo days are our only chance to test clubs. The closest Trackman to me is 2 hours away at a private club...

I went through a fitting at a demo day. I just didn't get to try the Hzrdus black. It's a low spin, low launch shaft so I'm mainly curious if there was an aspect about it that separated it from the other low launch, low spin options. Also, living in a rural area, there aren't places within 5-6 hours that have "fitting" equipment. Demo days are our only chance to test clubs. The closest Trackman to me is 2 hours away at a private club...

That's a tough one. Good luck!

I just remembered why the TM rep put me into the Speeder Evolution Tour Spec- it was because my transition is pretty quick and he said I needed a shaft that stood up to that quick move. After reading the difference between the Evo and the Evo TS, it matched exactly what he was talking about. I guess I ought to go that route, now that I think about it.

Had a fantastic round today with the M2.

Was getting great, penetrating launch with it set to 10.25* that lead to both great carry and roll.

Averaged 292 with two bombs of 310 and 320.

I will say, I find it almost impossible to hit a draw with this now. They say it has a draw bias, and I have a 9.5* head clicked up to 10.25 which closed the face, and I'm still hitting fades all day long. Forget who said it about just pointing this along the left side of the fairway and swinging, but that's exactly what I've found to work best.

My confidence is through the roof with this. A low spinning, forging, easy to hit driver that looks great.

And it really could have a shot at the tile of best sounding driver in the last 5 years or more. It just sounds perfect to me.

Sent from this Tapatalk app thingy

does taylormade offer different weighted screws? What is the swingweight now?

Taylormade doesn't officially offer anything to help out in this area, but their old weight screws from the RBZ line will fit in the M2. I haven't re measured my swing weight since I swapped weights but I can say that it feels way better to me now. It might even be performing better with the heavier weight.

Back