Derrick Rose accused of drugging and gang raping a woman

with so many stories/reports like this i feel more like who isn't doing something sick or wrong.

I just want to know what's up with all the rape with athletes? Is it really that common as we seem to be seeing it a lot or is it just one of the easiest things to accuse someone of in an attempt to get money? Honestly i have no idea

Ahh, that explains why I have no clue who he is.
I thought your reply was facetious, he is actually a current player. But he has battled injuries for a long time now.

I just want to know what's up with all the rape with athletes? Is it really that common as we seem to be seeing it a lot or is it just one of the easiest things to accuse someone of in an attempt to get money? Honestly i have no idea

Well, there are literally thousands of professional athletes and very few rapes being reported (more than 1 is an issue). However I have my views on why its occurring. You have people that have never heard the word no, anywhere in their life. They are instantly wealthy and famous, they surround themselves with yes men, and then when someone says no, they cant handle it. Then add the drugs and/or alcohol that is a constant whether people want to hear it or not, and things are bound to happen.

Then throw in the fact that yes, there are women everywhere that will do anything to be with a "superstar" for the fame and riches it allows, and you have a recipe for a disastrous he said, she said.

Overall it saddens me, but as someone that has seen it up close and personal on both sides of the equation (not as raper or rapee mind you), its truly awful...But real.

Well, there are literally thousands of professional athletes and very few rapes being reported (more than 1 is an issue). However I have my views on why its occurring. You have people that have never heard the word no, anywhere in their life. They are instantly wealthy and famous, they surround themselves with yes men, and then when someone says no, they cant handle it. Then add the drugs and/or alcohol that is a constant whether people want to hear it or not, and things are bound to happen.

Then throw in the fact that yes, there are women everywhere that will do anything to be with a "superstar" for the fame and riches it allows, and you have a recipe for a disastrous he said, she said.

Overall it saddens me, but as someone that has seen it up close and personal on both sides of the equation (not as raper or rapee mind you), its truly awful...But real.

Unfortunately it's not just the "superstar", it's the superstar's friends as well. A lot of promises get thrown around, and then when those promises get broken, people get upset.

This will be super dissapointing to me if true. I'm a Bulls fan and D-Rose has seemed like a decent dude and I've admired how he's worked through all his setbacks. I know he had the scandal with cheating on his SAT's, but I could almost justify that given the circumstances.

Can one of the white guys in pro sports mess up, please. All this bad press is making it hard to black.....

Agree with a lot of points. I didn't mean to say it was like every athlete or super common i just meant it seems to come a lot more than other crimes besides drug offenses obviously. Just had Kane in nhl a few weeks back too

Can one of the white guys in pro sports mess up, please. All this bad press is making it hard to black.....

Patrick Kane?

What's up with guys playing for Chi-town sport teams and these allegations?

Its not a race thing here brother, stupidity knows no race.
More people should listen to Forrest Gump.

Patrick Kane?

What's up with guys playing for Chi-town sport teams and these allegations?
I brought that up and it didn't get the same press as this.

Its not a race thing here brother, stupidity knows no race.
More people should listen to Forrest Gump.
Maybe not to you but to those that hate blacks, it's a clear message and substatiated feeling about blacks. It's sad really but true.

Because its hockey and most people dont know who he is.
If a super star like Kyle Korver got busted, you know it would be news. :D

That's because he plays hockey. If it happened to Derrick Love I think it would be bigger. (I would hope)

Because its hockey and most people dont know who he is.
If a super star like Kyle Korver got busted, you know it would be news. :D

Yeah what he said.

JB mentioned it, hockey. Though think that has more to do with the geographic location of the sites users, more than the popularity of hockey vs. basketball as a whole, which tend to rank pretty close nationally in the US.

JB mentioned it, hockey. Though think that has more to do with the geographic location of the sites users, more than the popularity of hockey vs. basketball as a whole, which tend to rank pretty close nationally in the US.

Do they really? Genuine question. Forbes as late as last year shows viewership not even in the same ball park. In fact it paints a pretty bleak picture. It showed cable hockey playoffs ranking just ahead of a Full House rerun and Spongebob Square Pants afternoon show.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissm...n-the-battle-for-postseason-cable-tv-ratings/

Do they really? Genuine question. Forbes as late as last year shows viewership not even in the same ball park. In fact it paints a pretty bleak picture. It showed cable hockey playoffs ranking just ahead of a Full House rerun and Spongebob Square Pants afternoon show.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissm...n-the-battle-for-postseason-cable-tv-ratings/

Overall, as a sport, basketball ranks 5th on the list and hockey 6th as far as favorite sport rankings.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/hockey-ranks-6th-in-popularity-survey-harris-poll/

TV ratings will never be close. Though the NHL surpasses the NBA in attendance numbers.

If you take out the canada teams do they a still? Curious.

Having trouble finding sources to break it down by country, instead of sport. I'd be curious to see those numbers as well though.

Some of has to do with ESPN latching on to the NBA and ignoring (largely) the NHL. Now that's a bit of a chicken and egg situation. The reason ESPN went with the NBA was ratings. But, for an American audience, it's made hockey nearly disappear ratings wise.

Back