Can Amateurs Drive It 300?

Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm about to break out my asbestos suit to be real and post.

I played today. My average drive was 308. I didn't get much roll. I played a casual round today. All distances are confirmed with GPS.

The shot of the day, playing a 378 yard par 4, I missed the green but ended up just off (long right).

It was a challenging day golfing. Winds were stupidy into my face much of it. Dang I did

To answer the question. Yes some armatures can hit it 300 as you just proved.

Averaging 308 with the wind in your face for most of your round is a solid day.

Lots of people can hit the ball far. The problem is being able to hit it straight...

I don't have a super fast swing speed (generally max out right around 102) but I can still get up to 280-290 if I catch it really well so I don't think it's unreasonable for people with really fast swings to hit it a long way

Very few people would average 300 though because they don't have the consistency to hit it well every time

Can Amateurs Drive It 300?

You’re from Ohio so I’m not surprised. The amount of big hitters from Ohio on this forum is stupid. Sounds like you need to play with Gunner. But yes I know multiple people on here and around this area that can hit 300 regularly without problem.

To answer the question. Yes some armatures can hit it 300 as you just proved.

Averaging 308 with the wind in your face for most of your round is a solid day.

well there it is

i suspect this thread is rhetorical in nature

I’ve watched Nate aka BigTime take photos of my 300 yd drive on the way to his 354yd drive.

Reading this: "I AVERAGED 308 into strong winds all day". "Long right on 378 yard hole" :banghead: ,,, and we reply to him???

My average drive is 250. Twice this year I hit drives of 300 yards. I don't try to hit long drives, because most of the time when I try to put the extra ooomph on it I usually hook it into the woods.

Sure. But there is a lot more to being successful in the game than just hitting ball far.

In all of the years I have played (45), I have only played with or known a handful of guys that could drive the ball 300 yards, day in, day out. Just sayin........

Reading this: "I AVERAGED 308 into strong winds all day". "Long right on 378 yard hole" :banghead: ,,, and we reply to him???

Why not? Averaging that kind of number for a round with one that went over 378 isnt that hard to imagine. Notice he didnt say anything about his FIR, GIR or Putts lol

I can´t...but I have a friend that can. Luckily for me he does not train or play that much so he is very inconsistent, so I can still beat him:)

Very few. Also people seem to think they hit the ball further than they really do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very very few no matter what is posted on here are even close to 300

Can amateurs drive it 300?

Occasionally? Sure, some will given the right conditions (wind, firm fairways, etc.)
Average? Yes, but very very few

It's definitely amusing though to watch the claims.

I haven't and never will average over 300....ever. I've hit 2 drives over 300 (335/327) in my life, both on #16 at The Ranch at Regional Rivalry and Hype which equates to hitting off a mountain. I average 250, can smoke a few 275-285 if the stars align.

300 yards is a long, long way. Of course it's possible though I'm often skeptical of these stories until I see it with my own two eyes.

i know some guys who can, but rarely do. maybe that's because they dial it back, but mostly because they don't catch it flush often enough with that ss. i have never played a round with anybody who consistently hit it that far.

A lot depends an Physics, that class most people hated. The swing speed must be above 102 mph to hit it above 300 yds.

One time I was driving the ball OVER 300 yards when I was golfing with my then girlfriend, Morgan Fairchild...yeah that's the ticket!

I am at a loss as to what the OP intends with this thread.

Stupidly, I am responding to it.

:banghead:

Amateurs that truly average over 300 yards are extremely rare - I don't care what anyone says on the internet. Sure we can all hit one 300 here or there given the right conditions but to average 300 is something special.

Also, if you hit the ball 300+ but have zero control I'm not impressed in the slightest. Nobody cares about the 2 shots hit in the fairway after the other 12 we're deep into the woods.

Amateurs that truly average over 300 yards are extremely rare - I don't care what anyone says on the internet. Sure we can all hit one 300 here or there given the right conditions but to average 300 is something special.

Also, if you hit the ball 300+ but have zero control I'm not impressed in the slightest. Nobody cares about the 2 shots hit in the fairway after the other 12 we're deep into the woods.

Agreed. Only about 30 PGA Tour pros can average that for the year.

Even more rare is to find that long hitter that doesn't lose a ball or two each round. I play with a lot of scratch or better golfers and have played with only a handful of guys in the last 20 years that averaged over 300 for a round and shot under par doing so. They were all D1 college golfers.

I am at a loss as to what the OP intends with this thread.

Stupidly, I am responding to it.

:banghead:

Pretty much all of his posts follow the same formula wherever he goes on the interwebz.

Back