Free Golf Because of Work

Ft Worth Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
For the first time in my working career I'm finally getting some free stuff, food and stuff from vendors. I've also this year gotten free golf because of work for the first time ever. Got to play a nice country club with my boss for a charity tournament and also got free golf because a golf course is one of our clients. How are you getting free golf through work and what's the best work paid golf experience you've had?

Not much but have played in 4 man charity scramble past 2 years that my company pays for.

Yearly tourney out at Cowboys by one of our vendors....had it a few weeks back.

I work for a large hospital in Georgia and we sponsor local high school charity golf tournaments, local chamber charity scrambles, etc. all the time. Quite a few of the admin knows me know as a “golfer” so I get called upon probably at least 7-10 times per year to assemble a foursome for XYZ tournament.

Some are at a nice local public golf course but every year, we usually get 1 or 2 that are at super high end courses...last year I got to play atlanta athletic club (2011 PGA Champ) and I got to play in the East Lake Cup (host of Tour Champ) 2 years ago and last Monday I got to play a really nice private club where Stewart Cink hosted his annual charity golf tourney last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to play an old but awesome country club and it was my first time ever having a caddie. It was awesome

I've got a buddy who's company basically makes him take clients out once a week or so. I'm technically a client so I reap the benefits of this usually twice a month. Along with a couple other guys from other companies. It's usually a real good time.

I got to play once with a vendor, who was hired by his current employer because he used to be a club pro. He's in sales and his boss wants him out on the course networking.

I need one of those jobs.

I've played in a few 4 person scrambles that my employer sponsored a hole for charity.

Only if my company sponsors a charity golf tournament which happens about 2-3x a year.

I had to use leave to play in our department's golf outing.

I have been super lucky to play golf several times with customers and suppliers (more times than I can recall to be honest) but the best were the 3 trips where we went to Arizona with customers and 2 trips where we went to San Diego. 3 days of golf, most days 27 or 36 holes at great courses that I would never get to play at.

I've played in a few tournaments this year, just scrambles. I have also got to play with my boss a few times at his private club.

Its not free but got to play golf because of work the other day. Fun round with chpar4

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Better than free golf, I get paid to play golf several times a month:D

A couple of weeks ago I got to play a private club with my work mates. The tournament was sponsored by an industrial supplier and each hole sponsored by related businesses. As it turns out the CC course was nothing special and having a booth set up on each tee box was a big distraction. My buddies and I would had more fun if we had just played our regular course but hey we did get paid and there was plenty of beer and food.

Firestone was cool.
and a few really old private country clubs in Cleveland and MI that are tough to get on to.

Firestone was cool.
and a few really old private country clubs in Cleveland and MI that are tough to get on to.

You ever get to play Portage CC? I loved that course and having caddies was awesome

You ever get to play Portage CC? I loved that course and having caddies was awesome
No lt there i cant recall all of them but The County Club was one and Canterbury was another

I've had a bunch, but the coolest was a trip to Reno/Tahoe to play Montreux and Edgewood.

I’ve played exclusive CC with clients. Spent weekends at golf resorts for shows I sold. A couple hours of work then golf with client. But the Best was a week at Congressional CC for the US Open while with Parke Davis entertaining Doctors. Followed up with a few rounds of golf with members I met while being on property.

I'll play 3 or 4 times through the year through work. Usually they are normal charity scrambles but always at the better courses in the area. Played in several web.com pro-ams over the years that is played as a shamble at one of the top courses in the area that I wouldn't otherwise get to play on.

Every once in a while I'll go along if someone takes customers out and they need to fill out a spot. Or it isn't unheard of to take off early with coworkers when there isn't much going on and be out at the course by 12 or 1 on a weekday. Actually kind of fortunate to play as much golf as I do on the company dime and company time.

Being the HS golf coach I get free golf year round.

And free beer in the summer. Haha

My company does a few outings per year which I join in on.

I entertain clients a lot, it’s a write off two ways. Expense to the company, then itemize to my S-Corp the portion not covered by the enterprise.

I'm lucky, I have 6 clients who I inherited and who expect a round each per year and another two who we sponsor for their charity events. Always the same courses, a few private. My employer is an old boys club and expect these expenses yearly.

Its the best 4-to- 6 hours time spent than the one hour dine and dash. I get to really know my clients and their guests who are often adult children working for their firms.

Back