Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don't believe I am good enough

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

ASN21

#TeamTaylorMade
Reaction score
Handicap
There seems to be a growing emphasis on getting fitted for clubs now more than ever, yet most golfers decide not to go down that route. What's your reason for not getting fitted?

So I do get fitted for everything but it's sometimes hard just wanting the instant gratification of,a new club off the rack instead of having to wait a week or two for the correct setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

None of the above. I just have to make the drive and the time to make it happen. My options are limited where I am at.

Money, it is not in my budget. Hopefully soon like in 20 years haha

None of the above. I just have to make the drive and the time to make it happen. My options are limited where I am at.

I forgot about that one. I should have also added to the poll "fitting is not available near me"

I always get fitted. Sometimes it's me fitting myself for certain things that I know will work and other times it's at my fitter or a demo day.

I didn't think I was good enough. I didn't think I had enough of a repeatable swing. I had anxiety about hitting into a net. But none of that mattered. I wish I got fitted sooner.

There is no better feeling in knowing that when you swing you aren't worried about anything other than the swing at hand. And after that swing of its a bad shot it's all you. And if it's a great shot it's all you.

No more second guessing equipment. Not to mention my scores have dropped 5 strokes easily

I am never comfortable hitting inside is the main reason. Also it takes me a while to warm up. If I could be fitted outside after hitting a few balls I would it a try.

I didn't get fitted for all my clubs because im an idiot lol

I never thought how important it was until this week. Finding out swing weight,shaft flex and weight as well as grip size and loft and lie play a huge role in how to game your ball. I was using a lightweight shaft,light grip which ended up being a c5 swing weight which are ladies. As I tend to swing fast it was a bad combo. And also might I add longer shafts in shorter irons then mid irons threw me off completely.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I didn't think I was good enough. I didn't think I had enough of a repeatable swing. I had anxiety about hitting into a net. But none of that mattered. I wish I got fitted sooner.

There is no better feeling in knowing that when you swing you aren't worried about anything other than the swing at hand. And after that swing of its a bad shot it's all you. And if it's a great shot it's all you.

No more second guessing equipment. Not to mention my scores have dropped 5 strokes easily

I had the same thoughts initially as well. I can still be hesitant at times but I feel like my swing is getting to a more comfortable spot for me.

I never thought how important it was until this week. Finding out swing weight,shaft flex and weight as well as grip size and loft and lie play a huge role in how to game your ball. I was using a lightweight shaft,light grip which ended up being a c5 swing weight which are ladies. As I tend to swing fast it was a bad combo. And also might I add longer shafts in shorter irons then mid irons threw me off completely.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This is a great point. I believe most golfers don't know just how much of an advantage they could gain by getting fitted. The smallest change in a club could end up with some big benefits results wise.

I might add a related question, for those who have gone through a fitting: how much would you be willing to pay for a good fitting? I know that some top-of-the-line fittings can run to $300+, which strikes me as way too much for most people.

Back