Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

Im down to play Eisenhower park on Wednesday instead if you want or even Crab meadow or Hamlet Wind Watch. Have never played either of them.

My transportation options are limited. I have not played Crab Meadow or Wind Watch. My sister got married at Wind Watch and it looks like a great course.

I am playing at Mansion Ridge in Monroe NY about 45 minutes from the city this Thursday at 10:20. There are 3 spots open for this tee time. Would anyone would like to join? I live in NYC and will be driving.

The course is a Jack Nicklaus signature course design. Troon mangement took over this year and is doing a great job. Here is a link to the website www.mansionridgegc.com.

I'd be interested, looks like a nice course. Any chance we can carpool?

My transportation options are limited. I have not played Crab Meadow or Wind Watch. My sister got married at Wind Watch and it looks like a great course.

I'd be interested, looks like a nice course. Any chance we can carpool?

i have no problem driving but I live in mahattan

Wind Watch is a nice course, way overpriced though. The 10th hole (was the first a few years ago) has a really nice elevation change. Crab meadow should be called bird crap meadow, its everywhere there.

Wind Watch is a nice course, way overpriced though. The 10th hole (was the first a few years ago) has a really nice elevation change. Crab meadow should be called bird crap meadow, its everywhere there.

Wind Watch isn't worth $60-75 (golf cart included)? Bethpage is $56-60 with golf cart. I can't imagine it being that bad.

Wind Watch isn't worth $60-75 (golf cart included)? Bethpage is $56-60 with golf cart. I can't imagine it being that bad.

Last time I played there it was $110+ a round. 60-75 is more in line with what I'd expect to pay there. I just checked clubcorps website and they have lowered their rates compared to past years. I know that's why a lot of people avoided playing there.

Last time I played there it was $110+ a round. 60-75 is more in line with what I'd expect to pay there. I just checked clubcorps website and they have lowered their rates compared to past years. I know that's why a lot of people avoided playing there.

Wow yeah...$110+ is quite a difference. Was that a weekend? Clubcorps shows $75. The $60 is a golfnow discounted rate.

Edit: checked the weekend rates. Looks like the weekends are still $110.

Last edited:
Its only $110 in the mornings on the weekends now. It used to be $110 in the afternoon and more in the morning if my memory's correct. $60 is well worth it.

Played the blue course at Eisenhower Park. I do NOT recommend it. I felt like I was ripped off. $48 for a non-resident non-leisure pass owner, cart extra. Bethpage Red is $48.
Tee boxes:
Spongy and unkempt. Some were missing a tee alignment thingy.
Fairways: Goose crap everywhere. Other than that they were good. Not great, but good.
Rough: Long, but not bad. Very forgiving and a lot of fluffed lies if you get into it.
Greenside rough: Horrible. Patchy and hard compacted dirt in some areas.
Sandtraps: Horrible. There were rocks in them and were horribly kept. Half of them were missing rakes and some that had rakes did not have sticks.
Greens: Horrible. For this late in the season, I would have expected great condition, not pristine, but great. Some greens had rot marks in them which would have made them unplayable.
Grounds crew: Oh, your teeing off, let me just mow the grass 100yards in front of you. I nearly hit one on a wayward iron shot. Lots of trash everywhere, so much so that they must have given up the cleaning and just mowed over it.
Views: Hole 5 has a great view of the Nassau County Correctional Center.
Oddities: There are 2 #4 and 2#17. Why? I understand pace of play, but if two foursomes finish at the same time, you're just bottle necking the next hole anyway.

Warning: This course does have poison ivy.

Because of this experience, I would not recommend playing at Eisenhower, nor would I ever go there again. For the price that I payed, I expected a great course, not a badly kept muni course. Kinda makes sense why the last time the PGA came through was 1928.

On the plus side, I did shoot a PB 92.

Wind Watch is awesome - and their short game facility is top notch! Practiced there many a times.

Wind Watch is awesome - and their short game facility is top notch! Practiced there many a times.

Its only $110 in the mornings on the weekends now. It used to be $110 in the afternoon and more in the morning if my memory's correct. $60 is well worth it.

Good to hear. AngryYankee and myself are heading there Wednesday. Booked a reservation through golfnow for $50, cart included.

I got to play Trump's Ferry Point yesterday and all I can say is that this is an amazing course. I jumped on as a single and hooked up with a couple of NYU students. Shot an 84 from the Blue. I will agree with stso0000 and say that this course is plenty long enough and lots of people were playing from the wrong tees. I would consider moving up another tee box next time. I had driver and 4/5 iron at most holes my lower half of the bag (8/7/9/PW) did not get much use. I'd recommend this course to anyone that gets the chance. The views are great even though it was a pretty hazy day (limiting the city skyline view).

I got to play Trump's Ferry Point yesterday and all I can say is that this is an amazing course. I jumped on as a single and hooked up with a couple of NYU students. Shot an 84 from the Blue. I will agree with stso0000 and say that this course is plenty long enough and lots of people were playing from the wrong tees. I would consider moving up another tee box next time. I had driver and 4/5 iron at most holes my lower half of the bag (8/7/9/PW) did not get much use. I'd recommend this course to anyone that gets the chance. The views are great even though it was a pretty hazy day (limiting the city skyline view).

I can't wait to play this course next summer. Years of watching it slowly build up while crossing the Whitestone bridge make me even more excited to play there.

Playing Bethpage on Labor Day if anyone is interested. Going as a walk on on the red course.

Playing Bethpage on Labor Day if anyone is interested. Going as a walk on on the red course.

Wish I could but I have work. I'm playing Tuesday and/or Wednesday if anyone is interested.

Anyone want to play a round in the NYC area on Saturday the 26th?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

If anybody's playing in either of the MGA Play Days at Harbor Links tomorrow or at Patriot Hills next Monday, let me know and I'll say hi!

Also, what on earth made me want to drive to Long Island on a weekday morning for a 9:00 shotgun?

Anyone ever play Berkshire valley? Thoughts? Playing ballyowen and BV on back-to-back days and wondering if I can put together a better combo within the same distance from NYC.

Anyone ever play Berkshire valley? Thoughts? Playing ballyowen and BV on back-to-back days and wondering if I can put together a better combo within the same distance from NYC.

Plkayed there a few weeks ago. It is a great course with challenging greens. It is very tight in spots. Not very long but I feel it plays longer in spots by forcing less club off the tee on a few holes.

I didn't make it to Berkshire Valley this year, but I love it. The first four holes run straight across the mountain so you better keep it straight. After you make the turn down to the valley (#6?), the course opens up and it's a really nice view.

Appreciate the feedback, gentlemen. Any other courses around Ballyowen/Berkshire Valley worth checking out?

Appreciate the feedback, gentlemen. Any other courses around Ballyowen/Berkshire Valley worth checking out?

Wild Turkey is part of the Crystal Springs resort (along with Ballyowen) and I enjoy playing there as well.

River Vale is supposed to be pretty nice, but I haven't played there. It's closer to NYC than Ballyowen, so it may be a little out of the way for this trip.

Wild Turkey is part of the Crystal Springs resort (along with Ballyowen) and I enjoy playing there as well.

River Vale is supposed to be pretty nice, but I haven't played there. It's closer to NYC than Ballyowen, so it may be a little out of the way for this trip.

2nd Wild Turkey. Black Bear is also in very good shape this year if you can get a hot deal or something.

I played River Vale a few weeks ago. Nice course, but in my opinion not comparable to Ballyowen or Wild Turkey.

Have considered playing Wild Turkey many times, need to do it one of these days.

Back