Project X HZRDUS Shaft Thread

The shaft I won is Hzrdus Black and I have to pick weight and flex. I don't know if I'm man enough for this shaft looking at the specs. Any thoughts on which shaft would be in my wheelhouse? Swing speed hovers between 105-108mph typically.

65g as that is what I went with. 6.0 your swing speed is a tad higher than mine.

I was thinking 6.0 for sure since they seem to be a little stiffer than advertised, but now the question is Yellow or Black? I am realizing I really need to up my shaft knowledge.

If you have an aggressive transition I would go Black. If you have a smoother transition I would go Yellow.

The shaft I won is Hzrdus Black and I have to pick weight and flex. I don't know if I'm man enough for this shaft looking at the specs. Any thoughts on which shaft would be in my wheelhouse? Swing speed hovers between 105-108mph typically.

My swing is exactly the same range as yours and after my 2nd outing with the HZRDUS Black 6.0 I'm going to try it in a 6.5 flex. I play the Aldila Tour Green X flex in my fairway woods and I also have one in a 815 DBD. The Tour Green is more stable for me than the HZRDUS. Yesterday at the range the 815 with the Aldila was straighter and longer than the Cobra LTD Pro with HZRDUS. It may be that the HZRDUS is just not as good for me as the Tour Green(I prefer it over the Aldila Rogue Silver as well) but I'm certainly going to try the HZRDUS 6.5 before giving up on it.

If you have an aggressive transition I would go Black. If you have a smoother transition I would go Yellow.

Thanks. I believe I have a smoother transition and am leaning yellow 6.0 and 60g

I was thinking 6.0 for sure since they seem to be a little stiffer than advertised, but now the question is Yellow or Black? I am realizing I really need to up my shaft knowledge.

i think 6.0 works for you in the 62g shaft. Talking with DB my SS is lower than yours and he recommended 5.5 for me since they are a little stiffer but said 6.0 would be fine especially if I wanted to knock of some spin

What a great video!

Awesome video. They do make an effort on social media. If you aren't following them you need to.

They have some good video content on their website. They do a great job at interacting on social media.

Got to hit this today for the first time on a decent monitor. This thing is ridiculous! Finally found a shaft that got my spin down below 2000. If you have problems with spin being to high I would definitely give this a shot. Every other shaft I've hit I didn't see anything below 2500 average. This is the real deal!!

Seems like HZRDUS is going to be this years Rogue. Seems like everybody is either using one, or trying one.

My M2 driver is going to have a HZRDUS 75 engine in it and I'm stoked. I'll be sure to report back once I put it in play.

Quick notes from my driver fitting today:
- Narrowed shaft selection down to Kuro Kage 70 TiNi, Rogue Silver 110, and HZRDUS pretty quick.
- The Kuro Kage spun a touch too high for the launch I was getting
- Rogue Silver was giving me great numbers but I just am not a fan of the feel. It feels like a telephone pole to me for whatever reason. Enter HZRDUS.
- HZRDUS Black gave me almost identical numbers to the Rogue Silver but felt much smoother to me and had a nice "whip-cracking" sensation. I wasn't expecting that at all.
- HZRDUS was the tightest dispersion of any of the shafts I tried, bar none. Left side was eliminated and consistent fades were easy to produce.
- HZRDUS and Rogue gave me a little more ball speed than the other shafts I tried. Cool.

I'm not saying Phil lost at Pebble Beach cause he took out the HZRDUS in the final round...

...but Phil lost at Pebble Beach cause he took out the HZRDUS in the final round.

Just got back from vacation and this baby was waiting for me. Man she's gorgeous! I can't wait to get in play and share my thoughts with you guys!

Speaking of where do I get a callaway dual cog adapter?

729e2a19d238dcb40c67fa17b5467ce3.jpg

Great looking shaft! And I will check, but I may have an adapter...

Just got back from vacation and this baby was waiting for me. Man she's gorgeous! I can't wait to get in play and share my thoughts with you guys!

GolfWorks or eBay are your friends.

Nice yellow HZRDUS, buddy!

Project X HZRDUS Shaft

Project X HZRDUS Shaft

Finally had a few rounds with this shaft (Black) and all I can say is it feels great. Ball flight is piercing with no ballooning. Just put a smooth swing on the ball and reap the benefits. Had several THPers give it a swing and they commented, "Wow that feels good."

I really, REALLY, really need a HZRDUS Red to mess with.

GolfWorks or eBay are your friends.

Nice yellow HZRDUS, buddy!

Thanks! I hope its right for me, without any testing or anything it was kind of a somewhat educated shot in the dark.

That's a beauty!

I need to get a yellow.

I really, REALLY, really need a HZRDUS Red to mess with.
THIS! after finding out our testers from the event were a variation of the red it has me in ponder mode about getting a red for a new FW

You were rocking that shaft buddy! BOMBS!!!

Such an awesome win and shaft, jdtox! I hope you love it.

Back