CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges Thread

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
First ever PGA Tour event in South Korea started today, it's late night golf on the east coast. Interesting part about this: it's a 78 player field with no cut, and the purse is the highest purse on Tour in this season outside of the majors, the Players and the WGC events.

Justin Thomas is on a flyer right now, -8 through 13 holes and at the top of the board. Last week's winner, Pat Perez, is playing in the same group and is -5 right now.

Course looks really nice, for what it's worth.

I'll have to check this out. I always like seeing courses around the world.

First ever PGA Tour event in South Korea started today, it's late night golf on the east coast. Interesting part about this: it's a 78 player field with no cut, and the purse is the highest purse on Tour in this season outside of the majors, the Players and the WGC events.

Justin Thomas is on a flyer right now, -8 through 13 holes and at the top of the board. Last week's winner, Pat Perez, is playing in the same group and is -5 right now.

Course looks really nice, for what it's worth.

I turned it on earlier. JT is feeling it.

Pretty awesome property for a golf course.

I'm turned in for sure. Glad to see JT still on a roll.

Was watching this very early today, 3:30AM EST, field was struggling a bit today. Pretty scenery around the course. Adam Scott did a tourism spot showing the quality of the surf, didn't know he was a surfer.

I think island greens are overdone mostly but I dig the one on 18 that looks like an actual island with a beach. I like the course

I like the name...
CJ Cup has a very nice ring to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final round coverage just starting on Golf Channel. Very tight leaderboard with 13 guys within 4 shots of the lead. Marc Leishman and Anirban Lahiri are tied at the top at -8 right now. Very tough and windy conditions are set for the final round.

My parents were born in India. To say that I'm rooting for Lahiri today is a gigantic understatement.

OMG these shots into 18 by Leishmann and Thomas took cajones.

JT picking up where he left off. I totally understand why he is doing it but skipping the WGC seems weird since he is already on that side of the world.

Was this a pretty tough track overall or did conditions play a bg part? Only 24/78 under par.

Was this a pretty tough track overall or did conditions play a bg part? Only 24/78 under par.

Last three days of tourney were pretty windy with some swirling conditions.

Last 3 days were very windy and wind swirling so you had tons of backing off and confusion. Honestly almost no courses are hard for these guys in normal weather. First day was typical non major scoring with plenty of scores in the 60s.

Leishman made an amazing approach on 18 that led to a birdie. Now Thomas stiffs a 5 wood to about 8' for an eagle chance to win.

Leishman made an amazing approach on 18 that led to a birdie. Now Thomas stiffs a 5 wood to about 8' for an eagle chance to win.

Any idea why he got two drops? I was watching but missed the explanation if the announcers gave one.

Any idea why he got two drops? I was watching but missed the explanation if the announcers gave one.
Not sure either. But they're headed to extra holes & will play 18 again.

And on the 2nd playoff hole. Both players hit bad drives, but ended up with pars.

Pretty much over now after Leishman dumps his 2nd into the water & Thomas puts it on the fringe from about 240. Can 2 putt to win.

I believe it was an unmovable obstruction, small loose stone wall, then he dropped on the cart path and received a free drop from that.

Because he was entitled to relief in each situation. Each situation is treated independently.

His first drop was because the immovable obstruction (wall) interfered with his swing. Relief from that gave him a drop on the path. Once he was on the path, he was entitled to relief from the path. However, there was out-of-bounds on the far side of the path, so there was nowhere for him to drop on either side. They had to keep going back further from the hole until they found a spot where the out-of-bounds ended.

Because he was entitled to relief in each situation. Each situation is treated independently.

His first drop was because the immovable obstruction (wall) interfered with his swing. Relief from that gave him a drop on the path. Once he was on the path, he was entitled to relief from the path. However, there was out-of-bounds on the far side of the path, so there was nowhere for him to drop on either side. They had to keep going back further from the hole until they found a spot where the out-of-bounds ended.

is relief from the wall a local rule? i feel like when you watch the euro tour those guys play a ton of courses with old rock walls surrounding greens, and i don't recall seeing free drops.

Back