Jack Daniels Distillery & Tour

zbeekner4

Proud 2019 Grandaddy Alum
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone ever do this??

Last weekend, my wife and I and a few friends drove up to Nashville, but stopped by Lynchburg, Tn to tour the JD distillery on the way up. Let me just say, this is definitely worth your while. If you like JD, it’s a bucket list item. Here’s a few pics...

d0c8fed7ddcd37fbb004190ce097213b.jpg

This was probably my favorite part of the Tour...it’s a cold spring on the JD distillery property and EVERY bottle of JD is made from water from this little spring.
19250044975b2d42b5ef5f8e4a587c37.jpg

Our guide and the statue of JD...or as they say...“Jack on the Rocks”
a524d5d56cc775eee1d49720fc775255.jpg

8010cc060e014279f0c9aa1d53c7aeaf.jpg

Tasting is the best part right!?
ae23f5c14046b3ef9681a90c2745b7c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I did this a few years ago, the history/experience/journey makes it our favorite distillery/brewery tour we’ve done

Good time. Especially when the wife doesn’t drink and I got her samples too.

Great pictures! I've drove by, but never stopped.

I've never done this tour but always heard good things about it. I did do a Hostess/Wonder bread tour with lots of samples at the end and the Beretta gun factory tour.

I have multiple times, its a blast! My dad BBQ's in the Jack Daniels Invitational every year (hopefully) and has gotten to know Jeff Arnett, the Jack Daniels Master Distiller. He is a really good dude, and I have gotten some cool behind the scenes tours with him/ got to do tastings with him. The smell in the air at that distillery is awesome!

I recommend to anyone!

Good time. Especially when the wife doesn’t drink and I got her samples too.

My wife is pregnant so I got her samples too ha!

I've always wanted to make the trip down there to go through the tour, looks really cool! Am I correct that the distillery is in a dry county? Pretty funny.

I've always wanted to make the trip down there to go through the tour, looks really cool! Am I correct that the distillery is in a dry county? Pretty funny.

Yes it is in fact a dry county but the samples are allowed because they’re part of the tour. And you can buy bottles from their shop because they’re labeled as “commemorative” bottles, not a liquor shop.

Yes it is in fact a dry county but the samples are allowed because they’re part of the tour. And you can buy bottles from their shop because they’re labeled as “commemorative” bottles, not a liquor shop.

That's pretty funny! "Commemorative"...

I've never done this but grew up right around the bourbon trail in KY. Highly recommend do the Bourbon Trail tour if you get the chance.

I do love me some Jack Daniels though and would love to do this tour. My new go to has been Gentleman Jack and Coke Zero. Gentleman straight up is pretty tasty also!

We have done it a few times. We have family in Spring Hill, TN. And every time we go visit them, we do the JD tour and bring home a limited edition bottle.

This is on my list. I will make this trip some time in my life

We did the tour several years ago. At that time, the only sample you could get was of the nonalcoholic lemonade. There seems to have been change for the better!

This is on my list. I will make this trip some time in my life

Make it happen. It’s awesome and way more than I expected from a tour and tasting.

We did the tour several years ago. At that time, the only sample you could get was of the nonalcoholic lemonade. There seems to have been change for the better!

They had sold out of all the “tasting” tours by the time we got there, luckily we had made a reservation (highly recommend) but there was still non-tasting tours left...(what’s the point amiright?!)

Back