luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to find that the greens at the course I played hadn't as yet been aerated.

So I'm just wondering if the greens on your courses have been aerated as yet

Overseeding with winter rye yesterday. They were punched two or three times earlier this year.

Yup started thisbweek on Monday and tuesday

Ours were punched October 9th and 10th. In another 10 days they should be decent.

Ours were on Oct 2. They have recovered for the most part

Ours were done over a month ago.

Most in this area including my home track aerate at the beginning of October. Luckily there's a handful of courses that don't aerate at all, and there's one course that aerates at really odd times of the year and is in great condition when all the other courses do it.

Basically I've always got somewhere to play without dealing with it, just have to do my due diligence prior to booking.

About a month ago. I'm hoping they do it again. Our greens get a lot of play and get beat up.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

About a month ago. I'm hoping they do it again. Our greens get a lot of play and get beat up.

Not sure I ever heard anyone say they hope the greens get aerated, even if they need to be!

Not sure I ever heard anyone say they hope the greens get aerated, even if they need to be!
I know, I recognized it sounded odd as I was typing. My course gets a lot of play from guys who either don't repair pitch marks, or don't know how to. The only way to fix the greens is to punch them. I'd rather putt on beautiful greens all winter when the fair weather players pack it in for the season.

The course I play most often suffers from the same ball mark problems. The green are being aerated this week, the sandy grid is no worse than their usual pockmarked condition.

They did ours at the end of August.
Sometimes they run the small punch machine across it.
Those are the size of a golf tee.
Twice a year they poke those holes that are large enough to stick your finger into.
When they do the large holes, they fill with sand and seed.
It takes about 2 months to heal.

North course was done two weeks ago and south course is punching Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I experienced during my rounds on wednesday and friday I think it takes the bent greens in this region a little over 2 weeks to recover from the fall aeration. Wednesday I played Rivercut, the back nine had been punched a week and a half prior and were still somewhat bumpy but not horrible. The greens on the front were punched just a few days before I played and every putt was plinko. Yesterday I played Branson Hills (used to be Payne Stewart golf course). Those greens were punched Oct 3rd/4th and were essentially perfect already. Lightning fast and true.

All greens in orlando have been punched twice this year. With so many choices we can always play between courses schedule.

Ours in SC get punched 2 times a year and were overseeded with winter rye last week

Thankfully not my local track (yet) in eastern PA.

Yeah they did 2 weeks ago but it wasn't deep holes and sanded, was little holes and rolled were fine the day of.

Twice a year they poke those holes that are large enough to stick your finger into.

They did ours 2 weeks ago and filled with sand. One more week and they will be back to normal. You say 2 months to heal ? That is just crazy, I have never heard of it taking more than a month tops.

Spring took 7 weeks at my course. It poured the day after washing all the sand out and was a disaster for a while.

That seems like a long time.

I think they punched ours 3 maybe 4 times this year. They're rolling great going into fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play between three courses and all of them have been punched.

They are punching them around here between this week and the first week in November. Course we played today had just been done. Very sandy.

Back